• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

New store just sent live - Matiko Shoes

westkoast

K, so I've been working on this for a while. Gutting OSC was quite a task, however now I feel like I've got a pretty darn good idea how this cart works, and I LOVE it.

Any comments, critiques are welcome.

Refresh on the home page a few times, I put a random box generator of for main showcase.

Content has not yet been finalized, so dont' mind the "lorem ipsum"

Matiko Shoes

I need to read the rules more often...

Excellent job -- I like! :)

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Ok, so the front index page I do this:

srand(time());
$random = (rand()%5);
include( "index_sub" . $random . ".php" );

So if you have index_sub0.php, index_sub1.php, etc in your root directory it will randomly select one when the user comes to the website, and included it in that top right table.

Stock Tracking:

I modified the "Attributes" table to have a tuple hold a "stock" attribute. The Admin tool has a table on the categories page that allows the client to indicate which sizes are avail for each individual shoe.

stock_tracking.gif

Eventually I hope to add text boxes to put a number to each product in stock, and have it decrement when a user checks out. But that will come later

Image resize:

I also added custom image re-size that I'm really happy with. When the user uploads one hi-rez image 3 images are made. 1 Thumb, 1 Medium for products page, 1 large for popup.

Excellent design, very crisp. Did you do the image resize from the ground up or use one of the contributions?...

I did the image re-size myself. I really couldn't find an contribution that worked how I needed it to.

Well, I can take all the credit.

I used PHP code from this guy PHP Image Re-Sizer and modified a few function calls in categories.php to make sure the re-sizer was called when a new image was uploaded.

From there I needed to make 2 changes to the front end of the website.

1. Had to add "_tn.jpg" to all pages with thumbs

2. Had to ass "_med.jpg" to porduct_info.php for medium image

This way the appropriate images were used on the right pages.

Very clean site bruh. You just blew everyone out of the water. Westkoast for President! :D

The only thing is that some of your product info boxes are missing the "Add to cart" button. This totally sucks because your users will see these beautiful products and will be unable to purchase them. :(

http://www.matikoshoes.com/product_info.ph...s_id=125I'm using I.E. 5.5 If I click on the product from specials the "Add to cart" button shows up.

Very clean site bruh. You just blew everyone out of the water. Westkoast for President! :D

The only thing is that some of your product info boxes are missing the "Add to cart" button. This totally sucks because your users will see these beautiful products and will be unable to purchase them. :(

http://www.matikoshoes.com/product_info.ph...s_id=125I'm using I.E. 5.5 If I click on the product from specials the "Add to cart" button shows up.

Not sure I understand what you're saying. Some of the products are not yet available, so there should be no "add to cart" button yet.

The product in that link has two styles, and one is available. Maybe you just clicked the other one?

The only thing is that some of your product info boxes are missing the "Add to cart" button. This totally sucks because your users will see these beautiful products and will be unable to purchase them.  :(

Not sure I understand what you're saying. Some of the products are not yet available, so there should be no "add to cart" button yet.

The product in that link has two styles, and one is available. Maybe you just clicked the other one?

I see. I thought OS commerce always showed the "Add to Cart" button. My bad :)

WestKoast,

Your use of layout is very tight!!! Very well done job. A believe the subtle touch of grey and black give it a sophisticated, elegant feel to your site.

Thx,

-Codi

Carpe Carp: Seize the Fish.

Nice site!

Keep getting Warning: session.auto_start is enabled - please disable this php feature in php.ini and restart the web server. when I try to add anything to the cart though...

Hey

Extremely nice site :), how you gonna manage when let's say you have size 6 - 10 pairs left, size 9 - 1 pair left, when person will buy the size 9, will size 6 will be available or you will have to change it manualy later?

Thanks

Hey

Extremely nice site :), how you gonna manage when let's say you have size 6 - 10 pairs left, size 9 - 1 pair left, when person will buy the size 9, will size 6 will be available or you will have to change it manualy later?

Thanks

We actually don't count stock in the system. It is either "in stock" or "out of stock." So after they fill orders for the day they update stock in the system if something sells out.

But yes, if 9 is out then six will still show.

very nice site! well done.

this could be a stupid question, but how do you make the image header occupy the whole space, no gap in between.

take a look mine www.kayukayuhome.com/catalog, mine has gap left-right, top and bottom.

Thanks,

Danny

LOVE IT!!!! You rock....the shoes are great too ;)

I have to stop looking at all these awesome sites or my family may never see me again!

very nice site! well done.

this could be a stupid question, but how do you make the image header occupy the whole space, no gap in between.

take a look mine www.kayukayuhome.com/catalog, mine has gap left-right, top and bottom.

Thanks,

Danny

<table width="742" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	 <tr><td width="742">

Add that to the top of the html header.php file, just below the body tag. This will put everything in a table 742 wide (the width of the head image).

-Harlow

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice work there, I've got a question for you. How did you integrate the search box up the top, what method did you use?

Thanks,

Ryan

Pretty straight forward. Just reused the code from the search box on the left, and integraded it into the header.

• 1 month later...
Ok, so the front index page I do this:

CODE 

srand(time());

$random = (rand()%5);

include( "index_sub" . $random . ".php" );

So if you have index_sub0.php, index_sub1.php, etc in your root directory it will randomly select one when the user comes to the website, and included it in that top right table.

Can you explain in more detail of where to put this code..... not to sure.

great site anyway.....

thanks

tim

• 2 weeks later...

Very Clean and Nice color match ! Well done for your site . just got a idea : u could add the " what's new " box into both index_sub0.php and index_sub1.php

it will random show more pictures then just right now .

btw i am a newbie of Osc could u teach me step by step how to make the image resizer work in your site ? like which file need add which script ?

Thank you !

Archived