• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Zone / Table Rate Methods

The New Zealand postal system has 6 zones I need to ues.

I can get one some working fine in either the Table Rate module or the Zone Zate module, but how do I get say 6 copies of the Table Rate module.

So I have one for each zone.

I've just worked out how to do this. If you're only going to be posting in New Zealand (in other words, you don't have to worry about international posting), then the simplest way is to do the following.

1. "Remove" the zones shipping option from your shipping module page (in ADMIN). Just ensure that it's not selected - that's all you need do here. You might need to click onto it to make sure it really isn't selected.

2. Open up the file called zones.php which is in catalog/admin/includes/module/shipping (if I remember correctly). You can open the file using Dreamweaver or a Notepad-type programme. I just thank God daily for Dreamweaver.

3. On line 111, you'll see this:

$this->num_zones = 1;

1 is the default value for this. You simply have to change the 1 to a 6, so that it reads:

$this->num_zones = 6;

4. Save the file.

5. Upload it so that it replaces the existing zones.php file.

6. Go back to your shipping module, select the zone option, and you should now see that there are six zones available for your use.

That's it. Voil?.

• 2 months later...