• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Almost Live. Magic Shop

xaratax

Hi all,

I am quite new here, actually I managed to install oscommerce only reading the docs and the documents, but I first learned about ir 3 weeks ago. Took me a while but the site is almost ready.

Any advice will be helpfull. Thanks in advance!

www.tumagia.com :D

The design is very interesting...my Spanish isn't too great, but that's okay.

Your site gave my browser sideways scrollbars. I'm actually using a public machine at the moment, that might have something to do with it - but see what other people say.

Ditch the stock osCommerce buttons. They do not at all go with your design.

Chris Dunning

osCommerce, Contributions Moderator Team

Please do not send me PM! I do not read or answer these often. Use the email button instead!

I do NOT support contributions other than my own. Emails asking for support on other people's contributions will be ignored. Ask in the forum or contact the contribution author directly.

Thank you Chriss, I will dicht the buttons very soon, I was waitting to find some but I may do them myself. Also I am searching a solution for the enlarge images isue.

Thanks for the feedback

:)

I LOVE your use of colour. It's great.

The images on the first page took a while to load for me on cable. You might want to resize or refine them a little..

It's MAGIC! :D

-------------------------------------------------------

I used to be insane, but now I'm just nuts ;)

Good use of colors, great job in keeping the presentation simple and straightforward.

Things to do:

1. Optimize your graphics. Some of your graphics are coming in at about 40K, where they should be about 5k for the size they are. A few of these and it really drags down the performance of the site to the end user.

2. Your product page top margin is different than your category/home page top margin. I'm not sure where this is coming from, but it causes the whole page to shift slightly when moving in and out of product pages. Of course, I'm using Mozilla, I didn't check to see if IE does the same thing.

Dan

Dan Stevens

• 2 weeks later...

You need to change the font you use for the menu tabs: face="Blue Highway" is not on my PC and it looks awful without it. Either replace with images or use a standard font: arial, helvetica, verdana, tahoma etc.

I'm getting missing images - maybe cos its taking a while to download and timing out. Why not use real text? I'm not sure your dropshadow will look that good on lower res versions of the images anyway.

Add some cellpadding to the main area of the page so the text is not right up against the dark red border.

very slow on my 512mb adsl.

not a bad site. I find the colours a bit over the top -- but thats a taste thing.

dave

thanks daverb , I changed the fonts in the menu and added cellpadding to the main area and did aswell some small modifications but I think looks much nicer now, there were very large images before but I think I reduced the size of most so it should load faster now.

You guys think it looks better now?

Thanks for all the feedback!

How did you change the fonts in your menu. Also, do you know how to stop the sub menu's plitting onto 2 lins.

Your help would be appreciated

Archived