• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Thumbnail Generator Problem

Hello,

I've installed Chris Sullivan's Thumbnail Generator contribution. I've installed the installation instructions to the letter, however I'm getting this error when I attempt to access the 'thumbnails' control panel from the admin control panel:

Warning: opendir(DIR_FS_CATALOGDIR_WS_IMAGES): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache/virtual/s/www.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/docs/catalog/admin/thumbs.php on line 56

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /usr/local/apache/virtual/s/www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.uk/docs/catalog/admin/thumbs.php on line 58

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /usr/local/apache/virtual/s/www.xxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/docs/catalog/admin/thumbs.php on line 67

Warning: opendir(DIR_FS_CATALOGDIR_WS_IMAGES): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /usr/local/apache/virtual/s/www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/docs/catalog/admin/thumbs.php on line 70

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /usr/local/apache/virtual/s/www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/docs/catalog/admin/thumbs.php on line 72

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /usr/local/apache/virtual/s/www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.co.uk/docs/catalog/admin/thumbs.php on line 91

Any ideas anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, what's the error message saying:

Warning: opendir(DIR_FS_CATALOGDIR_WS_IMAGES): failed to open dir: No such file or directory

Have you looked at your configuration.php file to see what the value of DIR_FS_CATALOGDIR_WS_IMAGES is?

The error message says that DIR_FS_CATALOGDIR_WS_IMAGES couldn't be opened since it apparently doesn't exist. Did you forget to define it?

• 2 months later...

My bad guys. You have to add:

?require('includes/application_top.php');

to the top of the script in the admin/thumbs.php file.. Sorry about that.

Edited by blueline

Chris Sullivan

oops! I encounter the script error and it went to loops creating thumbnails images none stop :D :D :D

here is the error on the client machine

Warning: copy(/var/www/html/images/subcategory_1394cards_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thum

b_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t

humb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thum

b.jpg_backup.jpg): failed to open stream: File name too long in /var/www/html/admin/thumbs.php on line 10

Warning: getimagesize(/var/www/html/images/subcategory_1394cards_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thum

b_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t

humb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_thum

b.jpg_backup.jpg): failed to open stream: File name too long in /var/www/html/admin/thumbs.php on line 11

I have about thousand of those heheheh

Cheer!

Check out this "on the fly" thumbnail solution - no extra files to maintain and look on the contrib page for a nifty mod to have an intermediate sized image on your product page:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2226

** Please do not PM with personal support requests (even if offering "payment"). Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...