• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Extracted Authentication Restrict Access

jdawes

Hello, I need a module, modification or contribution that will allow me to restrict access to the shopping cart completely. I wish to have absolute control over what accounts are created and for no one to be able to see the site without having an account.

If this already exists I eagerly await your reply, if not I am happy for a keen developer to custom create the contrib / modify the site it for me and I will pay for your time. Thank you.

Jeremy Dawes

Yes please. I have looked at the B2B module but its not really what i want and seems quite a bit more involved. Just something simple that makes users login to a cart free page before they can see any products would be great.

Jeremy Dawes

Wouldn't password protecting the /catalog directory achieve what you're trying to do? So you'd have a a regular introductory index page with a link saying "Enter Catalog". Once they click that, a username and password dialog box appears to enter a username and password. Also on the introductory page youd have a link saying "Register to Enter Catalog". Once they click that it brings them to a form where they enter their info. Once that info reaches you via email for review, you enter it into your catalog as a user and also enter it into the password protected directory of /catalog. If all this is a little technically advanced for you, PM me and I can help.