• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Agency E-Commerce Site

DELETE_ME

Ooops forgot to have the powered by oscommerce in last post.

We are going to use OScommerce for our e-commerce solution, we cary a 30,000 item plus catalog.

Since I am not a web developer I would love some feedback on the desighn, speed, and layout of this site.

CABVI Express eYE COMMERCE

You can also learn more about our agency at

Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired

I like the looks of your site but you have a couple of errors (maybe you were testing when I looked):

Warning : main(includes/modules/Filename_featured): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Web Sites\catalog\index.php on line 121

Warning : main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/Filename_featured' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Web Sites\catalog\index.php on line 121

Good Luck,

Bob

I understand your reasoning for not showing product images on the category listing pages because you have not used a thumbnail contributon- it would make your page loads horrible.

However, you REALLY need to have images for your categories. Pick a standard size- you can look at the HAZMAT category on my site for what I have done (click the www link at the bottom of my post) - and put images that represent the categories products. Nobody likes to click through 4 pages of text links before they can even see what the product they are navigating to is going to look like, and it makes for an overall better shopping experence for a visualy oritented species like people.

My advice comes in two flavors- Pick the one that won't offend you.

Hard and Cynical: How to Make a Horrible osCommerce Site

Warm and Fuzzy: How to Make an Awesome osCommerce Site

Pretty much a standard OSC install.

If I have to create an account to just see the prices though I'm shopping somewhere else. You might want to rethink that bizarre strategy. :blink:

Archived