• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Calculation of COD Fees

I have updated the contribution "Calculation of Cash On Delivery Fees" to work better "out-of-the-box" with MS2. You should be able to find the new package here:

Contributions Page

This version also adds support for FedEx. Please post any comments/questions/bugs in this forum. Please do not PM or email me for support of this contribution.

Chris Dunning

osCommerce, Contributions Moderator Team

Please do not send me PM! I do not read or answer these often. Use the email button instead!

I do NOT support contributions other than my own. Emails asking for support on other people's contributions will be ignored. Ask in the forum or contact the contribution author directly.

• 1 month later...

Just giving back to the community, man. :)

Chris Dunning

Please do not send me PM! I do not read or answer these often. Use the email button instead!

I do NOT support contributions other than my own. Emails asking for support on other people's contributions will be ignored. Ask in the forum or contact the contribution author directly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello

Fist of all thanks for this contribution.

I find on line 100 of file ot_cod_fee.php this:

//Following code should be improved if we can't get the shipping modules disabled, who don't allow COD
// as well as countries who do not have cod
//          $this->output[] = array('title' => $this->title . ':',
//                                  'text' => 'No COD for this module.',
//                                  'value' => '');

Has someone develop this part? could send me an example i have no experience in php

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I think would be a great improve to add a field for a percentage of the total and minimum ammount. I mean that usually many shipping companies include a minimum charge on their conditions for COD and a percentage for bigger ammounts than that minimum charge.

Regards,

Cy

---------------------------------------------

Life goes'on - Tupac Shakur

I have updated the contribution "Calculation of Cash On Delivery Fees" to work better "out-of-the-box" with MS2.  You should be able to find the new package here:

Contributions Page

This version also adds support for FedEx.  Please post any comments/questions/bugs in this forum.  Please do not PM or email me for support of this contribution.

When there is a tax for COD-Amount (setting in admin/modules/"Zusammenfassung"), than in the checkout_payment.php the follwing lines come up:

Zwischensumme:  3.00EUR

Tabellarische Versandkosten ():  7.77EUR

Nachnahmegeb?hr:  6.96EUR

Mehrwertsteuer 16 %:  1.48EUR

16:  0.96EUR

Summe:  17.73EUR

For tax on goods is printed "Mehrwertsteuer", but for tax on COD there is only a number to see "16". Where is the language-file for COD-Tax so that I can write "Tax for COD" ?

OSC Webmakers Edition modiefied with many other contribs and enhancements.

+ STS 4.5.7 for 2.2MS2 and RC1

Should be:

includes/languages/<language>/modules/order_total/cod_fee.php

I posted earlier in this thread not to email me directly about support issues. It seems that several people have done what I asked and posted in the forum instead...but I never got an email notificiation of it. I have no problem supporting the contribution, I just was not aware that people have posted. If you ask a question here and I don't get back to it within a few days I probably haven't seen it - feel free to contact me directly to let me know.

Edited by BlueNoteMKVI

Chris Dunning

• 4 weeks later...

Christophe -

Can you tell me what is happening that shouldn't be happening (or vice versa) when you try to use this mod? I'll be happy to help you debug, but I need more information.

Opie -

Adding support for another module is very simple if you take a look around the code. Find the section that handles UPS and duplicate it. You'll need to open up the UPS XML files to find out what the code for UPS XML is. If you get it sorted out, post it in the contributions!

Chris Dunning

Christophe -

Can you tell me what is happening that shouldn't be happening (or vice versa) when you try to use this mod?  I'll be happy to help you debug, but I need more information.

Opie -

Adding support for another module is very simple if you take a look around the code.  Find the section that handles UPS and duplicate it.  You'll need to open up the UPS XML files to find out what the code for UPS XML is.  If you get it sorted out, post it in the contributions!

I'm a newbie at PHP but I'll give it a shot.

Hi Opi,

problem was :

normal shipping cost : 5?

we ship free from 120? (execpt with cod)

made some changes to it myself so that i could make it work with low order fee en free shipping .

Maybee you can help me anyhow ? (still dont like the way it works)

now i have 2 shipping possibilities :

abx prepaid (money transfer)

abx cod

what i would like to see is that when an option is chosen in the shipping module , in the next menu that payment option should be the only one available

make a testaccount on mediaworld

and you will see what i mean

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey Chris,

I entered in your contribution to my OSC site....everything worked right...the line to charge a fee for COD was there. I installed and edited it. However, when I log in as a customer and purchase an item to ship COD, the charges aren't there.

Am I missing something???

Thanks

It's been a long time since I looked at this, so I'm really shooting from the hip here. Are you using the standard COD payment module that comes with osC? That's what I designed this to work with. You could make it work with any payment module you wanted to, but it would require a bit of coding.

Chris Dunning

It's been a long time since I looked at this, so I'm really shooting from the hip here.  Are you using the standard COD payment module that comes with osC?  That's what I designed this to work with.  You could make it work with any payment module you wanted to, but it would require a bit of coding.

Yes I am using the standard. I have not made any changes to the COD modules except for your contribution. It's weird that it all shows in the admin area. It allows me to make changes but when I go in my cart as a customer it doesn't give me any changes or charges to the cod.

Thanks so much for helping me with this after so long. I totally appreciate it. There is nothing out there for COD charges.

:) Elaine

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks so much for helping me with this after so long.  I totally appreciate it.  There is nothing out there for COD charges.

You need to make right order of items in final bill, then COD charges will be shown correctly

for examlpe...

Cash on Delivery Fee 4

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 5

• 2 months later...
When there is a tax for COD-Amount (setting in admin/modules/"Zusammenfassung"), than in the checkout_payment.php the follwing lines come up:

For tax on goods is printed "Mehrwertsteuer", but for tax on COD there is only a number to see "16". Where is the language-file for COD-Tax so that I can write "Tax for COD" ?

I do have the same problem like "runweb" described: The VAT for the COD charge is displayed in a separate line of the "checkout_payment.php" and also the tax rate is displayed instead of a description. There is no description text in the language file for that.

I need at least a possibility to add a sensible description to the line. But I guess it would be most desireable that the VAT for the COD charge is included into the tax total. The point is that customers probably will not understand why there are two different lines for the same tax rate (and I myself only hardly do ;) ).

Since I am not a programming guru and am not deep into the code of OSCommerce, it would be great if somebody could give me some advise.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi there,

I have added this great contrib, but it is not working correctly, as also "runweb" and "RWagler" on page 1 described.

I have the same problem here:

The order of the modules :

Cash on Delivery Fee 3
Low Order Fee
Shipping 2
Sub-Total 1
Tax 4
Total 5

In Germany it is necessary to have the cod_fee before the tax, because you have to pay tax for cod as well.

With this order of modules, my checkout_confirmation brings up a page like this from "runweb":

Zwischensumme:  3.00EUR
Tabellarische Versandkosten ():  7.77EUR
Nachnahmegeb�hr:  6.96EUR
Mehrwertsteuer 16 %:  1.48EUR
16:  0.96EUR													  <= this line is the error IMHO, should be included in Mehrwertsteuer = TAX
Summe:  17.73EUR

So, with this cart/checkout_confirmation, I have the same opinion as RWagler, that the customer will not understand, why the tax for COD is separated from the other tax.

Is it possible to solve this problem ?

Many thanks to the author for this contrib and for your help.

Kind regards

Andreas

Edited by Andreas2003

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not getting tired asking again :)

All language files are correctly set, but the tax is still shown twice.

The second tax is without text, only the tax in percent is shown (as shown here on page 1 in this thread).

It depends on the order on how you order the modules in the "order total" section.

I cannot believe, that nobody else has faced this problem before (and solved it).

So please be so kind and give me some advise how to get rid of the problem.

Thank you in advance,

kind regards

Andreas

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

still have the same problem, that the tax is only shown without the part for the COD-payment.

On each COD order, I have to recalc and add the tax-part for COD-payments manually and directly in the database.

This is really annoying, especially if several COD-orders comes in one day.

So, the question again, has anyone of you the tax-calculation correctly running for COD-payments ?

If so, what have the changed to correct it ??

Thanks in advance,

kind regards

Andreas