• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Merchant Account

Pompeylad

Hi,

I was all set to use Worldpay to process my orders, but after getting an email from them today explaining that all orders are processed on their SSL server I am having second thoughts.

I want my customers to stay on my site when they process their orders, so making it look more neater. I personely would not process an order if I noticed that it went to another server.

While Worldpay looks nice at ?260 for their service, how much am I looking at paying for a steamline service?

Is there anybody out there who can offer some advice to me regarding Merchant Accounts?

Thanks,

Pompeylad.

PHP?!? Long live HTML!!!! But then again we never stop learning.

Hello,

Streamline is bank of scotland and bank of scotland is worldpay !!

The worldpay callback system in my opinion is very good.

When a transaction is placed the customer only leaves you site for two pages (which can be compleatly customised to look like your site) and then they are returned to your site so that you can take advantage of the oscommerce notifications and such like. The remitance period is a bit long but apart from that its cool !

sam

Edited by Nimmit

Thanks Sam,

I used to have a Streamline account years ago (POS only). In the days before the one and only WWW.

So how do the big boys do the seamless thing, i.e. Play.com, Amazon.com ect.

Anybody?

Pompeylad.

Hello PompeyLad,

may want to look here - not fully sure what the requirements are to have this system - http://www.worldpay.co.uk/enterprise/index...nt_psprocessing

personally i would buy from a site that uses worldpay and did prior to opening yesUdo - i think customers are becoming more savvy and aslong as it is a secure connection/server which worldpay is customers are happy to use this.

Also We do not get many customers who sign up for an account and then don't buy something(fingers crossed) so do not think having payments processed off site is generally off putting.

Worldpay is part of Natwest/RBS so has the backing behind it.

Your online success is Paramount.

Hi,

Thanks to Sam and Yesudo.

I applied for my worldpay account tonight, all I have to do now is fill out that form and get it stamped tomorrow.

But if anybody else have any views please still feel free to add them.

Thanks again,

Pompeylad.

Sam,

Java, hmm.

I don't really want to go down that route, you never know a customer may not have Java enabled, thus not being able to process the order.

Pompeylad

A merchant acct is NOT like opening up a bank acct,they dont even want to talk to you unless you have been in business for a few years and the fees will knock you for a loop.

So,be prepared if you want to accept cc's at your own site.

Hi Gordon,

I got my bank form stamped the other week by LloydsTSB. They used their date stamp, it still had the banks name on but it was refused by WorldPay. I then sent them my business account comformtaion bank letter on Monday, which is what they asked for instead, but so far no reply.

I did go back to the bank on Friday to get my new form restamped, but they restamped it using the date stamp again, insisting that it is the correct stamp.

I have emailed WorldPay, but I guess that I will have to wait till tomorrow for an answer.

Pompeylad.

Well, I have finaly got the all cear from WorldPay. Now all I have to do is to run some tests, this is where I face yet another problem!!!

I have downloaded the WorldPay contribution from this site and have read install.txt afew times but when I have opened up the zip file I seem to have two worldpay.php files and two wpcallback.php files, now which ones go where?!?

No 7 says:

Extract the files in this archive to the relevant locations.  The location pathnames have been saved in the archive.

Note that there are 2 Language files (one for the Payment Screens and one for the Callback), plus 2 other key program files.

So where does each file go?????

Pompeylad. :(

I'm having problem installing worldpay 1.6 , I've also tried 1.5

I tried adding the files to admin area too, I finnaly got the file to appear in the Administrator area and activated it, but its still not appearing in the modules area.

I've emailed the contributer for better instructions.

How did you get on have you solved the problem yet?

Is it me or is WorldPay very slow? I have run tests but they still have not run theirs. I have filled out all the forms i.e. the activation form, but still no reply. Is or did anybody else have/ing this problem?

Thanks,

Pompeylad.