• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal checkout problem

chaners

If on Paypal it is coming to Zero implies that the currency Naming convention has not been followed.

If YOu have Gb and not GBP or CDN and not CAD then this might happen.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

• 3 weeks later...

Having just started using osCommerce I hit just the same problem - no 'Amount' showing in PayPal - but solved it in a different way. In fact, I suspect there could be a number of reasons for the problem but anyway here's mine. When laying down the currency for a country in the osCommerce Admin section, I failed to use one of the currency codes that PayPal expects. In this case I put UKP instead of GBP. Hope this helps others with similar problems.

Having just started using osCommerce I hit just the same problem - no 'Amount' showing in PayPal - but solved it in a different way. In fact, I suspect there could be a number of reasons for the problem but anyway here's mine. When laying down the currency for a country in the osCommerce Admin section, I failed to use one of the currency codes that PayPal expects. In this case I put UKP instead of GBP. Hope this helps others with similar problems.

Thanks Bazzer that worked, the company im with HOST DEPARMENT had no idea how to fix the issue! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks Bazzer that worked, the company im with HOST DEPARMENT had no idea how to fix the issue! :thumbsup:

HI guys here is a solution. I know people are having problem. this is what you should be doing.

there are 2 option for paypal in PAYMENT MODULEs. USE 2nd one ie (Paypal IPN ) .... not first one. Make sure first one is disabled. If you use first one it'll give you same problem. try it and let me know.

here is copy of PAYMENT MUDULES page for more information and paypal options are in red color.

Payment Modules

Modules Sort Order Action

Authorize.net

Credit Card (Not For Production Use) 0

ChronoPay

Cash on Delivery 0

iPayment

Check/Money Order

NOCHEX

PayPal

PayPal IPN 0

PayQuake (Credit Card)

2CheckOut

PSiGate

SECPay

Sofortüberweisung Direkt

WorldPay Junior

Edited by beaman

Hello,

When I press the confirm checkout button using paypal payment option. It will go to the paypal security payment page. However, the amount is not show on the payment page, which I have to key in the amount by myself.

:o

Can any one help me how to make the total amount show on the payment page.

Thanks,

Chaners

HI guys here is a solution. I know people are having problem. this is what you should be doing.

there are 2 option for paypal in PAYMENT MODULEs. USE 2nd one ie (Paypal IPN ) .... not first one. Make sure first one is disabled. If you use first one it'll give you same problem. try it and let me know.

here is copy of PAYMENT MUDULES page for more information and paypal options are in red color.

Payment Modules

Authorize.net

ChronoPay

Cash on Delivery 0

iPayment

Check/Money Order

NOCHEX

PayPal

PayPal IPN 0

PayQuake (Credit Card)

2CheckOut

PSiGate

SECPay

Sofortüberweisung Direkt

WorldPay Junior

• 2 weeks later...

I can't find where my problem has been solved on any forums -

the site uses PayPal and PayPal Web Payments Pro. Prior to installing PayPal WPro, everything was fine, but now, the disounts/coupons are not being applied to the total during checkout if the customer pays with Credit Card. If they pay with regular paypal, there's no issue. Is there a fix for this or is anyone but me having this issue?

• 3 weeks later...

Payment Modules

Authorize.net

ChronoPay

Cash on Delivery 0

iPayment

Check/Money Order

NOCHEX

PayPal

PayPal IPN 0

PayQuake (Credit Card)

2CheckOut

PSiGate

SECPay

Sofortüberweisung Direkt

WorldPay Junior

HI i don't have the option for the second paypal module. where would i find it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a similar problem,and Posted at different places on the Forum but no response received.

I am using Paypal as Payment Module. (others modules are as under).

Authorize.net

Credit Card

Cash on Delivery

iPayment

Check/Money Order

NOCHEX

PayPal

2CheckOut

PSiGate

SECPay

Problem is that In PAYAPL it gives my Store Name instead of item description.

Can any body help me out in a easiar way as I am new in using OSCommerce.

Thanx in advance

Edited by assadrafaq

• 1 month later...
I have the same problem :(

hey dheathorn, i couldn't find the 'if array' bit in the paypal.ipn.php file but i did in the normal paypal which is what i was seeking for, it worked a treat you are an absolute bloody star, was searching for ages to solve this prob, thanks heaps :rolleyes:

Did you tried the paypal IPN settings.. did u created an test sandbox login.. did u entered the test email

Harikatt, I have the PayPal IPN and Super Download store contribution too and I'm having this same problem of OSC passing no price and the store name instead of the product description. I have it set so that multiple items can be ordered.

Can you give details of how you solved it? I did create a test sandbox login and entered the test email. I'm not really finding solutions to this problem.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem.

No information is carrying over to PayPal and it asks to put in total w/o shipping manually. But w/o means without. And when you go to the next step, it doesn't include postage. So nothing is being transferred over.

Has anyone solved this problem yet.

I have cut and pasted the abouve thread (which was exactly the same as what I had anyway, but it was worth a shot), but nothing changed.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

Newbie here.....Sooooo many problems......Sooooo little time. :blush:

I moved my website in September from a different hosting company because they were terrible. I rebuilt my whole site from the ground up in Oscommerce. I have two serious problems that are getting in the way of my site being profitable. I hope someone can help me. I obviously know some HTML, as I have learned on the fly. I would appreciate ANY help that I can Get.

http://www.mythmedievalceltic.com/store/

My two biggest issues are:

:D

1- Paypal issues. I tested my PayPal account and have it set as normal PayPal- but now when you try to checkout as a customer, it takes you directly to the "Sandbox environment". How do I fix this? Do I need to use Papal IPN? I do not know what to put in the various fields.

******FROM HERE ON I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO.......................

Page Style

The page style to use for the transaction procedure (defined at your PayPal Profile page)

Debug E-Mail Address

All parameters of an Invalid IPN notification will be sent to this email address if one is entered.

Sort order of display.

Sort order of display. Lowest is displayed first.

Enable Encrypted Web Payments

Do you want to enable Encrypted Web Payments?

True

False

Your Private Key

The location of your Private Key to use for signing the data. (*.pem)

Your Public Certificate

The location of your Public Certificate to use for signing the data. (*.pem)

PayPals Public Certificate

The location of the PayPal Public Certificate for encrypting the data.

Your PayPal Public Certificate ID

The Certificate ID to use from your PayPal Encrypted Payment Settings Profile.

Working Directory

The working directory to use for temporary files. (trailing slash needed)

OpenSSL Location

The location of the openssl binary file.

2- Why do people using Safari & Firefox have problems with there shopping carts Disappearing?

Thanks,

Natasha:D

Edited by thewizardshat

• 1 month later...

Hi I read through all the posts tried all the suggestions and it still does not work for me. I am using the paypal module and have no need to use the IPN module. (it should work with the standard paypal module).

Why would the totals $ not be there ? I have same problem with the sandbox.

Please provide an amount and click Update Totals.

Item Unit Price Qty Total

Company Name 1 0.00

Subtotal: 0.00

Total: CAD

I am using "PayPal Express Checkout"

I have two problems

one) amount does not shown on paypal page

second) payment through credit card without login on paypal does not a shown

Any one have idea about my problem?

URL: http://shaze.in

username: [email protected]

password: admin

Edited by prafulkr

When I was born, I was cryed and everyone around me was smiling.

Live our life so at the end,

I am the one who is smiling and everyone around me is crying.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue, the total amount isn't carrying over. It's just coming in as 0. Can someone please help me find a fix for this?

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

just read this whole thread... I was having a lot of trouble with my checkout values not being forwarded to paypal so i tried a few things suggested by the clever folks here, and seems to be working alright now - which i'm over the moon about!!

I still have the problem though, and that is of not being able to see the item description in the checkout process (it just states my website's name) or the actual quantity of items ordered (its stuck on 1 for quantity).

Anyone know how i can solve this issue??

hello

I wonder if some 1 can help; i've installed paypal website paymaent standard and it all seems to work fine untill you get to the final stage where instead of being directed to paypal, i get a eror message that read "sorry, there was a problem with the last link..." im sure i've set up as advised but i am totally new to this... any help would be greatly appreciated

Stumpyhead

satif

hello, i saw your post and i have coppied the code and kept it; what i would like to know is 1) where can i find the file (using filezilla) where i need to paste it into (i'm afraid i need it in terms for a dummy) and 2) is it normal for a customer to be directed to the paypal login page?

Any help from any1 would be greatly appreciated

regards paul