• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal checkout problem

chaners

Hello,

When I press the confirm checkout button using paypal payment option. It will go to the paypal security payment page. However, the amount is not show on the payment page, which I have to key in the amount by myself.

:o

Can any one help me how to make the total amount show on the payment page.

Thanks,

Chaners

• 1 month later...

:rolleyes: We are using Paypal Module, when we do checkout, it goes to paypal site with the store name and email address and other details, but shopping cart total doesn't get forwarded.

Any idea how this can be solved ? Will installing Paypal_IPN help ? If yes how can we install it?

Thank all you gues in advance for support.

• 4 weeks later...

There are plenty of posts on Paypal issues and official support threads that should offer a solution to any paypal issues

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

• 1 year later...
Guys, I hope for your sakes that you've already solved this, but just in case see my post I made today.  This will hopefully be the solution you want.

Please help someone - i keep seeing replies there are lots of posts in this regards - but they are not - i have searched high and low - please someone help.

• 2 weeks later...
Please help someone - i keep seeing replies there are lots of posts in this regards - but they are not - i have searched high and low - please someone help.

I have the same problem :(

• 1 year later...

Solution thanks to Nick Schoonens. Though this says paypal_ipn.php module file it also works on the paypay.php module file.

So after some more digging I came across the following code in the /catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php file on lines 261-263.

if (!in_array($my_currency, array('CAD', 'EUR', 'GBP', 'JPY', 'USD'))) {

$my_currency = 'USD';

}

For some reason the developers of the module (osCommerce team) decided that AUD wasn't a currency supported by Paypal (and maybe it wasn't when they first released it in late 2004), but it definitely is. So a simple hack to the code like this fixed my problem, and now sends the correct amount to Paypal in Australian Dollars.

if (!in_array($my_currency, array('CAD', 'EUR', 'GBP', 'JPY', 'USD', 'AUD'))) {

$my_currency = 'USD';

}

Edited by dheathorn

• 3 weeks later...

Could someone please help me! I'm having the same issue with the amount not passing to PayPal and it's in CAD. CAD is already an option and it still doesn't pass. I did not install IPN. Where do I go to install it. I go to Contributions but it's just a bunch of notes... I don't see anywhere to go to actually install IPN. Please HELP!!!

Solution thanks to Nick Schoonens. Though this says paypal_ipn.php module file it also works on the paypay.php module file.

I have this trouble and still not found the answer, its ok whomever it was saying there are plenty of paypal queries in here that deal with any issues we have, yes

considering that there are loads and loads and still i can not find what im looking for, i dont find that answer helpfull in anyway shape or form,

Why does oscommerce go to paypal with no prices or postage information, what do we have to do to sort it out, what is missing form oscommerce to stop this.

and one link that was posted with a possible solution is broken or missing.

one stuck newbie.

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same problem :( please there must be something small missing, i have managed to sort out the part with the product name and code, just paypal asks me to manually input the total, and amount of items

plzzzzzzzzzzzz somebody, have been searching on the forums for 2 weeks straight am tired need sleep

Any advise Welcomed :)

i have the same problem :( please there must be something small missing, i have managed to sort out the part with the product name and code, just paypal asks me to manually input the total, and amount of items

plzzzzzzzzzzzz somebody, have been searching on the forums for 2 weeks straight am tired need sleep

Any advise Welcomed :)

sorry people, me too have the same issue. starting to get frustrated. i have sooo many posts but nobody replies. Also, the product title doesnt get carried over. - dunno why!

breaks my heart, but i want it sorted. if i find out, ill let you all know. hopefully you too will do the same. eventho i have had someone who knows php and they too cant figure it out!

sorry people, me too have the same issue. starting to get frustrated. i have sooo many posts but nobody replies. Also, the product title doesnt get carried over. - dunno why!

breaks my heart, but i want it sorted. if i find out, ill let you all know. hopefully you too will do the same. eventho i have had someone who knows php and they too cant figure it out!

I had the same problem. In my case it was because of currencies: I was using CAD in paypal but not in oscommerce where I was using USD. I added CAD as an option through the oscommerce admin and made it the default and problem solved.

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having this same problem, Oscommerce is not forwarding the totals to Paypal at checkout.

It appears to be the same for many of you.

Is anyone even reading these threads as to provide a solution?

Thanks ahead of time for any help that can be issued!

$process_button_string = tep_draw_hidden_field('cmd', '_xclick') .

tep_draw_hidden_field('business', MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_ID) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('item_name', STORE_NAME) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('currency_code', $my_currency) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL')) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('cancel_return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

return $process_button_string;

This code is responsible in std oscommerce payment module.

So just serialize and place this $process_button_string in a file.

if amount has no value then You need to dump the order info total to know what is happening.

Second If You are trying to send some encrypted values were as YOu are stating on paypal that form is unencrypted or vice versa then too this might happen.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', number_format((($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_FEE * $currencies->get_value($my_currency) + MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_FIX_FEE), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_FEE * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PROCESS, '', 'SSL')) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('cancel_return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL')) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('rm', '2') .

tep_draw_hidden_field('return', 'http://www.YourDomain.Line99/checkout_process.php');

This out of my paypal.php. Which appears to be the same as you posted.. What are you trying to say? that I need to create another blank.php and just add it to the site? hmm.. I'm not really understanding what you are saying..

Yes, I suppose the information may be encrypted since it is under an ssl.. That could be why it is not working I suppose..

I have oscommerce setup on another domain on the same resellers area and it works fine they are both running under an https://mydomain.com area..

pretty much identical setups.

Thanks..

Edited by cfinch95

Also, I just noticed that this is happening on my previous cart setup on another server that was working correctly a week ago.

Did anyone notice if paypal changed their forwarding codes? I'm sure it was working fine a week ago with no problems.. Strange..

Thanks..

-chris

As stated in My above post.

Just collect what is in the $process_button_string.

and paste so as to explain.

Satish

As stated in My above post.

Just collect what is in the $process_button_string.

and paste so as to explain.

Satish

Tried both

paste into my paypal.php

just hangs, and nothing happens

Thank You Satish,

It is passing everything correctly now since I changed my code to the code you posted. I'm sure that is probably the default code for oscommerce. I had an addon because of the problem with losing orders through paypal if someone didn't press continue. I'll have to check on that contribution to see if there is an update.

Thanks for your help,

-chris

Hello Cflinch,

If You are loosing orders then

1)Add order holding contrib.

2)install paypal IPN.

Regards,

Satish

• 1 month later...

tep_draw_hidden_field('amount', number_format(($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('shipping', number_format($order->info['shipping_cost'] * $currencies->get_value($my_currency), $currencies->get_decimal_places($my_currency))) .

tep_draw_hidden_field('cancel_return', tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

if amount has no value then You need to dump the order info total to know what is happening.

Second If You are trying to send some encrypted values were as YOu are stating on paypal that form is unencrypted or vice versa then too this might happen.

Satish

Hello Satish, Can you please tell me how to add INR ( Indian Rs.) to payal? As you know the default Paypal currency is US$. But people buying from our site www.tmart.in will be paying only in INR and how to incorporate this with Paypal please!

Best regards

Tissy Joseph

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I was going crazy, my paypal and nocheque was not working.

after reading allllllllll the posts, all the problem was:

In admin check what you have selected your currency as

and make sure its the same as what you set your paypal as

as for me my currency was set to GB Pound

and paypal was GBP

so i changed the currency to GBP!

and its working!! Praise be to God!!

Ok I hope that help all those who had this problem also!

TC

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

I was going crazy, my paypal and nocheque was not working.

after reading allllllllll the posts, all the problem was:

In admin check what you have selected your currency as

and make sure its the same as what you set your paypal as

as for me my currency was set to GB Pound

and paypal was GBP

so i changed the currency to GBP!

and its working!! Praise be to God!!

Ok I hope that help all those who had this problem also!

TC

I did this and yes it corrected the problem, but.... the items in my shop went to a price off £0 (Zero) even though they are set correctly in the catalog, did this happen to you??

Edited by austinbb

Satish

Satish

Could you explain this a little clearer please because I have copied your text and substitued it for the relevent text in my paypal.php file and it made no difference, the value taken to paypal is still zero

Thanks