• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

osCPro Subscription challenge

moonbase

To use the osCPro Subsciption Contribution, I need to have Zend installed.

My server has Zend installed but it is not "active" by default. I was told that I need to add the following lines in a php.ini file and put that file in each directory that requires the use of Zend:

zend_extension_manager.optimizer=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer-2.1.0

zend_extension_manager.optimizer_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/Optimizer_TS-2.1.0

zend_extension=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager.so

zend_extension_ts=/usr/local/Zend/lib/ZendExtensionManager_TS.so

How, and where, would I put this into osCommerce?

I think that is your PHP configuration file that the code is supposed to be added to. I don't know alot about Zend but php.ini is the configuration file for PHP (on my windows test machine it is in the WINNT folder). If you are hosted I think you would have to ask to have it added to the php.ini file but I am no expert on how to configure PHP. The PHP Website would probably be very useful and Zend's Website.

Update:

I created a php.ini file with the above code and also had to add register_globals = On. I put the file in EVERY directory that oscommerce is using, including the root directory.

I can access the admin secion fine, but when I access the actual store, I can the "Zend not installed" error which means it's accessing a directory somewhere that doesn't have my php.ini file.

I used Fantastico to install oscommerce, could there be files "above" the root directory that oscommerce is accessing?

The reason for the zend requirement was the original contribution was encoded with zend encoder.

As this breached the GPL licence a new contribution will be made soon which will not require Zend.

Mark Evans

osCommerce Monkey & Lead Guitarist for "Sparky + the Monkeys" (Album on sale in all good record shops)

---------------------------------------

Software is like sex: It's better when it's free. (Linus Torvalds)