• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyPopulate Question

Thanks for reading this thread first of all.

I installed EasyPopulate MS2 2.73 with a breeze.

But, after I edit the downloaded file in Exel and upload it back, nothing happens to my database.

A manual update through the Admin panel does work on the database, just not through the EazyPopulate.

Here's the kicker. I don't get any error messages - and I see all the long long message of "update update update" messages after I click on the "import dabase" button. So, as far as EasyPopulate is concerned, it's working.

Strange isn't it?

Thanks very much.

Hi Jey,

Gee, no one is helping you on a Saturday night / Sunday morning? Threatening not to help any one else is not going to help you.

As you so pointedly stated in your thread.....a few months back.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=67481&hl=

Ask a consultant to help you if you're this desperate.

I'm sure folks will help if they can. Maybe a bit more ingormation on the specific mysql update command that appears not to be working would help someone find out what the problem is.

Can you copy/paste the exact update command into phpmyadmin and see if any error messages appear?

Have you checked the mysql error log (usually the same error log as the webserver).

This kind of problem is not a simple problem to diagnose with a simple answer. I'll be happy to try and help you out if your willing to work it!

Tom

Jeeeez.... I hate the information super highway world. You can't say anything w/o being quoted on something which we said ages back. :)

And how the hell did you remember that I said..and a lot of other meany things on this forum.

<b>Can you copy/paste the exact update command into phpmyadmin and see if any error messages appear? <b>

And what do you mean by this? You want me to get the code for update from easypopulate.php and try it under phpMyAdmin?

Hey, thanks Tom for being understanding. :)

Regards,

Jey

OK Tom the Consultant,

I'm posting the exact problem below:

he database doesn't get updated but I don't get any error messages.

Here's the output.

| Dimension | dell dimen | Dell Dimen | Dell Dimen | | 259.99 | 0 | 3/20/04 17 | 0000-00-00 | 25 | 0 | 10 | 1 | | 2 | Size | 3 | Model | 5 | | Value | 6 | | Premium | 7 | | Deluxe | 8 | | PS/2 | 9 | | USB | 4 | Memory | 1 | | 4 mb | 2 | | 8 mb | 3 | | 16 mb | 4 | | 32 mb | 5 | Version | 10 | | Download: | 13 | | Box: Windo | 10 | 1 | | Computer S | | | --none-- | Active Updated

| Optiplex G | DellGX150 | Dell Optip | Dell Optip | | 279.99 | 0 | 3/20/04 17 | 0000-00-00 | 19 | 0 | 10 | 1 | | 2 | Size | 3 | Model | 5 | | Value | 6 | | Premium | 7 | | Deluxe | 8 | | PS/2 | 9 | | USB | 4 | Memory | 1 | | 4 mb | 2 | | 8 mb | 3 | | 16 mb | 4 | | 32 mb | 5 | Version | 10 | | Download: | 13 | | Box: Windo | 10 | 1 | | Computer S | | | --none-- | Active Updated

| Dimension | dell dimen | Dell Dimen | Dell Dimen | | 259.99 | 0 | | 2/18/04 15 | 44 | 0 | 10 | 1 | | 2 | Size | 3 | Model | 5 | | Value | 6 | | Premium | 7 | | Deluxe | 8 | | PS/2 | 9 | | USB | 4 | Memory | 1 | | 4 mb | 2 | | 8 mb | 3 | | 16 mb | 4 | | 32 mb | 5 | Version | 10 | | Download: | 13 | | Box: Windo | 10 | 1 | | Computer S | | | --none-- | Active Updated

| Dimension | dell dimen | Dell Dimen | Dell Dimen | | 259.99 | 0 | | 2/18/04 15 | 25 | 0 | 10 | 1 | | 2 | Size | 3 | Model | 5 | | Value | 6 | | Premium | 7 | | Deluxe | 8 | | PS/2 | 9 | | USB | 4 | Memory | 1 | | 4 mb | 2 | | 8 mb | 3 | | 16 mb | 4 | | 32 mb | 5 | Version | 10 | | Download: | 13 | | Box: Windo | 10 | 1 | | Computer S | | | --none-- | Active Updated

| Optiplex G | DellGX150 | Dell Optip | Dell Optip | | 279.99 | 0 | | 2/18/04 15 | 19 | 0 | 10 | 1 | | 2 | Size | 3 | Model | 5 | | Value | 6 | | Premium | 7 | | Deluxe | 8 | | PS/2 | 9 | | USB | 4 | Memory | 1 | | 4 mb | 2 | | 8 mb | 3 | | 16 mb | 4 | | 32 mb | 5 | Version | 10 | | Download: | 13 | | Box: Windo | 10 | 1 | | Computer S | | | --none-- | Active Updated

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

No products_model field in record. This line was not imported

And I do have the v_products_model field listed with entries when I look that up in Excel.

After updating, the DB is still INTACT - nothing got updated.

You want me to get the code for update from easypopulate.php and try it under phpMyAdmin?

Yes, and I'm not a consultant ;) , just trying to help out here.

If you want to find out why the update is not working, you'll need to run the sql code in phpmyadmin. You may need to find the code in easypopulate (i don't have it nor have never used it) and echo out the sql text or alternatively turn sql logging on via admin. Maybe some else has the EXACT line in easypopulate where you can display the actual SQL code.

Once you have the exact syntax of one of the update statements, run it in phpmyadmin and see what message you get. If indeed the database is not being updated, you'll get some kind of message from phpmyadmin.

Tom

Edited by OceanRanch

I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it and determine why it's failing to update.

You should be able to just "echo $sqlquery" in the easypopulate.php. Search for the keyword "update" and look at the code.

I'm on your side.......

Tom