• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Setup Offline Processing

moldybologna

Yes just turn on the built-in payment module called "Credit Card". This is designed for exactly that.

You might also want to consider replacing it with one of the contributions that supports encryption as I believe the built-in module stores the credit card number unencrypted in MYSQL.

holtyboy, thanks for this.

You said:

You might also want to consider replacing it with one of the contributions that supports  encryption as I believe the built-in module stores the credit card number unencrypted in MYSQL.

Can you point me to a specific contribution or two? I've browsed through all 800 or so without finding an obvious candidate. Are we talking about a replacement for the Credit Card mod or an add-on that just encrypts the mysql db, or...?

Thanks for any guidance you can give.

I recently downloaded a contrib called cc_cvv+encryption v1.7. I haven't played around with it much yet but it certainly seems to have some significant improvements over the built-in handler. I think the encryption is still quite early-on but it's certainly better than storing it in plain-text.

I too would like to use a system of offline CC processing, but my client would also like ALL the order details and credit card details storing as one text file on a secure server, so the order can be easily printed off and picked.

Storing the orders in a database would probably not be acceptable, as this may well be too complicated for the persons at the shop floor end of the site.

Our current system is very basic, no cart, just a simple form which is submitted and stores the order details on the secure server as a text file as mentioned above. I don't want the 'back end' of the site to change. Its just the front end of the site needs updating with a decent shopping cart solution.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Rob