• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Please review my revamped store

SpangieUK

(cdi-buy.com @ Apr 23 2004, 07:33 AM)

BTW - if you were talking about mine, I don't have firefox to check it and find out what the problems are. I've never even heard of firefox so honestly I don't consider it a problem.

That's like an Ostrich sticking it's head in the Sand because it doesn't want to see the Hyena that's about to eat it.

Comments like that are really uncalled for. 100% browser compatibility is virtually impossible so I am not going to worry about the 1% of browsers that it looks bad on or doesnt work for. When that 1% becomes a 5% or 10% or more, then I'll look into it. I can't go around modifying my website beceause Joe Blow wrote his own browser and my website cannot be seen on it. That would be ridiculous.

"Joe Blow wrote his own browser"

Firefox is the next gen browser from mozilla - it will grow in popularity for sure so worth checking out the pros/cons imho - 5% uptake may not be so far away.

Maybe also worth having a look in Opera.

Twas related to the vibro site.

Thanks

up the down escalator..........

ok so you werent even talking about mine at all :lol: well anyways I did look at FireFox and downloaded it. I used Netscape as my default browser and have FireFox as my default now. I like the way they hold passwords so you dont hafta keep typing over and over. Esp since this is my and only my computer.

Comments like that are really uncalled for.  100% browser compatibility is virtually impossible so I am not going to worry about the 1% of browsers that it looks bad on or doesnt work for.

No one has mentioned 100% compatibility except for yourself.

When that 1% becomes a 5% or 10% or more, then I'll look into it.  I can't go around modifying my website beceause Joe Blow wrote his own browser and my website cannot be seen on it.  That would be ridiculous.

Of course you can modify your website - you have chosen not to. Nothing to get in a twist about.

Hi BearHappy,

Like your site but there is a couple of pixels shift in your header image (the logo section) again in Firefox. Easily fixed I think.

cheers

up the down escalator..........

Thanks for the heads up sponna, but this is angie's site review. I don't want to step in front of her spotlight.

couple of pixels shift in your header image (the logo section) again in Firefox. Easily fixed I think.

Fixed... ;)

Thanks everyone for your help! Fire Fox. Never heard of it either but am going to download it and see. Buttons - bloody buttons!! I will have a bash at moving them over and see what it looks like. I still have a couple to add as weel (comments from CDI!)

Can I have Bear Happys website address to review as well please!!

CDI - I did get a look at yours - interesting! Will let you know my humble thoughts!

I am really happy to say that all is going well and we are having pretty good success - the problem now is marketing the site and our SEO! I reckon all profits are going to amazon now as we buy loads of books to get our search engine rankings sorted out and learn the rest of the never ending stuff that seems to be cropping up!!!!

Thanks to you all again. If I can return the favour - just PM me!

I recognised the site straight away! Yeah, I do want to buy a bear still. They are just so adorable. My little girl will go crazy for it. Am going to do it now!! Thanks mate!

:D

Archived