• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Faster Page Loads

Thanks Steve.  I'll give that a try and see how it compares with the sites I use for testing.

Jack

Howdy all, don't know if anyone is still reading this one, but I am trying to installed this poppy and falling on my face doing it.

I have installed the contribution,

created a folder (i call it dbcache) in what server info calls my root

/home/****/public_html

so it looks like this

/home/***/public_html/dbcache

I have this in both of the read files (catalog, and admin) but everytime I go to configure-mystore-edit-update and check the dbcache folder there is no file in there.

What am I missing here? do I actually have to create a file? if so how? what do I put in it? Isn't this contribution supposed to create the file?

Please help

RavenWulf

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok here is an update.

it is creating a config file (i guess) but it is putting it in

my admin folder instead of the file selected.

also it is naming the file the path to the file. so I have a file called

\home\****\public_html\dbcache\config_cache.php

any ideas on how to fix this????

RavenWulf

Edited by RavenWulf

ravenwulf,

first of all you really should put the /dbcache/ OUTSIDE of your web root unless you want the world to see your config. settings. Your 2 read files should contain:

$config_cache_file = '/home/****/dbcache/config_cache.php';

Are you on a windows or *nix server? I'm asking because you are using back slashes (windows) in your posts and not forward slashes (*nix)

Do you ship UPS?

Give your customers order tracking without leaving your site. Track multi-package shipments. XML, cURL

Download the contribution here:

UPS Tracking

ravenwulf,

first of all you really should put the /dbcache/ OUTSIDE of your web root unless you want the world to see your config. settings.  Your 2 read files should contain:

$config_cache_file = '/home/****/dbcache/config_cache.php';

Are you on a windows or *nix server?  I'm asking because you are using back slashes (windows) in your posts and not forward slashes (*nix)

ok, so where should I put the /dbcache/ folder to get it outside the webroot?

I beleive I am on a *nix server, here is the info from server info:

Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) Sun-ONE-ASP/4.0.0 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Resin/2.1.11 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634a mod_ssl/2.8.19 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

am I doing in the wrong way?

sorry I am new to this sort of thing :)

also for some reason I now have several files in my admin folder that I can't delete, edit, move, etc.. they are titled with the path to the folder (i.e. the file name is \home\****\public_html\dbcache\config_cache.php)

the error I get trying to delete them is:

550 Prohibited file name: \home\mutzig2\public_html\dbcache\config_cache.php

this is from WS_FTP

does anyone know how I can fix this one too?

ok, so where should I put the /dbcache/ folder to get it outside the webroot?

I beleive I am on a *nix server, here is the info from server info:

Apache/1.3.31 (Unix) Sun-ONE-ASP/4.0.0 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 Resin/2.1.11 FrontPage/5.0.2.2634a mod_ssl/2.8.19 OpenSSL/0.9.6b

am I doing in the wrong way?

sorry I am new to this sort of thing :)

also for some reason I now have several files in my admin folder that I can't delete, edit, move, etc..  they are titled with the path to the folder (i.e. the file name is \home\****\public_html\dbcache\config_cache.php)

the error I get trying to delete them is:

550 Prohibited file name: \home\mutzig2\public_html\dbcache\config_cache.php

this is from WS_FTP

does anyone know how I can fix this one too?

here is an update :)

I moved the folder where you hinted for it to go..outside webroot (duh...sometimes I need to read things more carefully...outside makes a big difference)

and I tried it out..it created the file with no problem and things seem to move just a bit better.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

now I just need to figure out how to delete those files..sigh

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
after installing my preferncesfor language and currencie had changed AND i cant change them back. any suggestions?

**I had to go backwards step by step until I had undone the changes... then restarted.. was back to normal again. Then I went through each step again and checked accessibility and site correctness and stopped at the point before the ZEROED out situation began. I will say this... I still benefitted from the first several steps... So a little tweak necessary by the author, but overall was beneficial.

Hope this helps you.

-Paul

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

This was a nice contrubute it was fast.

but I had a mess of errors in the admin section it caused to many errors for session

and seesion cookies and so on.

this would been a great contrbute if you coded it correctely to work with oscommerce 2.2 M2

even though in your readme it has two sections for m2 and m1.

I tried the install tutorial for m2 and when I added in the codes to files like it said

I went to admin control panel and got over 50 errors from it.

this needs to be better coded to work with oscommerce 2.2 m2 with out errors.

but the speed for it was nice .

but i rather have the shop admin section be able to get at and read and do changes in then use cache speed like this with loads of errors.

nice idea though.

submit a new one when you got all the bugs worked out with no errors at all.

then maybe you get donations for a good job.

right now the job was messy and needs major repairs in the code you made for it.

heck if you get this fix with no errors at all I would glady send you a dontation for $50. for doing a good job.

but till I seen it actualy work with NO errors at all I wont make a dontation.

sorry dude but nice idea any way.

• 1 month later...

Hey All,

I got the page being written and read from the right cached directory but I believe it is writing the file wrong.

When i goto the site now I get a simple error from the written file

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',', expecting ')' in /home/solissty/config_cache/config_cache.php on line 280

and line 280 is the last line of the config file. I looked at the file and it cant seem to find the parse error anywhere, has anyone had this happen?

thanks.

Mike

Hey All,

I got the page being written and read from the right cached directory but I believe it is writing the file wrong.

When i goto the site now I get a simple error from the written file

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',', expecting ')' in /home/solissty/config_cache/config_cache.php on line 280

and line 280 is the last line of the config file. I looked at the file and it cant seem to find the parse error anywhere, has anyone had this happen?

thanks.

Mike

I had same error, after I attempted to install a new shipping module. at first I thought I had done something wrong for the new module, but it was the configuration cache file..

I do not know why, but an additional *unneccessary* line got written in the configuration cache file. try to look at the cache file and delete the blank define line.. which looks like..

define (,'');

or something like that.

it solved the problem for me, but hopefully someone can point out why it's doing the odd behavior. :-/ certainly i don't want to edit the cache file everytime i change the setting

hope it works for you.

Hi,

I installed the latest version of Configuration Cache 1.32, back in last October. It's been running smoothly. However, I've discovered that when you uninstall say a shipping or a payment module you cannot reinstall it again. When the install button is clicked nothing happens.

I've had to replace the modified catalog/admin/module.php file with the orginal to then be able to install a shipping module.

I don't know if this is a bug but does anyone have a solution?

• 2 months later...

Installed. Followed instructions. I get errors when I go to admin. Erros also when I click edit and then update.

Warning: main(/hsphere/local/home/bugauto/config_cache): failed to open stream: Success in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/configuration_cache_read.php on line 20

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/hsphere/local/home/bugauto/config_cache' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/configuration_cache_read.php on line 20

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/configuration_cache_read.php:20) in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/configuration_cache_read.php:20) in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: unlink(/hsphere/local/home/bugauto/config_cache): Permission denied in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/configuration_cache.php on line 37

Warning: fopen(/hsphere/local/home/bugauto/config_cache): failed to open stream: Is a directory in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/configuration_cache.php on line 38

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/configuration_cache.php on line 39

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/configuration_cache.php on line 40

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/configuration_cache_read.php:20) in /hsphere/local/home/bugauto/bugauto.com/volkswagen/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 30

Someone know what I did wrong?

Mike

usually means the permissions are not set properly for one, what are the permissions for this:

/hsphere/local/home/bugauto/config_cache

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've got everything working correctly -- the cache file is created and is definitely being read ("debug" trick works as expected, and my query count is reduced by one.)

But, there isn't any (significant) difference in my page parse times -- averages of about .220 - .225 seconds both before and after.

Any idea what I'm missing? Or, do I just not have anough config variables for this contribution to make a difference? (There are almost 200 defines in my cache file...)

Greetings,

I hope this is the correct place to ask -

When I set "use cashe" to "true" in the admin panel.

Surf the store, the category links disappear, reset "use cashe" to "false" in the admin panel, they all re-appear?

Categories Box

Manufacturers Box

Also Purchased Module

All show up in "cashe control"

:blink: chmod cashe tried 755 / 666 , Is this a permissions problem?

Thanks in advance -

wazu

usually means the permissions are not set properly for one, what are the permissions for this:

/hsphere/local/home/bugauto/config_cache

What are the correct permissions /config_cache folder?

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Be sure that you have the correct path and filename to the cache file in the catalog/includes/configuration_cache_read.php file.

It should be the same as in the admin/includes/configuration_cache_read.php file.

Hi, first of all let me thank you for this great contribution.

I have rather peculiar problem. I wanted to test it so I installed the 1_32 version, created directory in my root with correct 777 CHMOD and all went fine. In the meantime my ISP created new directory above my root (on the same level as httpdocs) and I gave it 777 permissions.

Uninstalled the contribution incl. using the SQL file.

Installed again, changed path and... nothing. No file is being created, no errors even if I change the path,... nothing. I know I can simply ignore it but it's one of those things when you just need to know... WHY? :angry:

This is what my path looks like now: /home/httpd/vhosts/mysite.com/config_cache/config.php

Thanks a lot, I hope that U can help.

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Will this work on a windows server because mine wont write ... I get

Warning: fopen(http://www.ryford.com/wwwroot/config_cache/config_cache.php): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in C:\Domains\ryford.com\wwwroot\admin\includes\configuration_cache.php on line 38

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Domains\ryford.com\wwwroot\admin\includes\configuration_cache.php on line 39

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Domains\ryford.com\wwwroot\admin\includes\configuration_cache.php on line 40

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Domains\ryford.com\wwwroot\admin\includes\configuration_cache.php:38) in C:\Domains\ryford.com\wwwroot\admin\includes\functions\general.php on line 18