• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Different status emails

Vestax

Hi all,

I'm trying to send different emails depending on the order status. Thus, when I adjust the order status in the OSC Admin, I want orders.php to send two different emails, one when the order is being processed and one when the order is actually sent to the customer. Unfortunately my php knowledge is not good enough to solve it on my own.

This is the code I have now (in admin/orders.php):

(starting line is 46)

$customer_notified = '0';

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on')) {

$notify_comments = '';

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments'] == 'on')) {

$notify_comments = sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE, $comments) . "\n\n";

}

if (&orders_status_array[&status] == "In behandeling") {

$email = "This is a test line to identify mail" . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

}

else {

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

}

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

So, the if statement is supposed to see if my order status is "In behandeling" (it's dutch) or if it's any other (that would be the sent status), and then format the emails depending on the order status.

(I've included the http_post_vars code on top (first alinea of code) for clarity, beneath that the actual email formatting happens.

Could anyone please help me with this if statement?

Thanks alot!

Vestax

Well, I've got it to work, misspelled something.

For the people who want to know what went wrong:

if (&orders_status_array[&status] == "In behandeling") {

has to be:

if ($orders_status_array[$status] == "In behandeling") {

Archived