• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

remove category gifs

findtim

just for the hell of it i did this;

i went into the category in admin, down to the image browse and i simply put curser into the selection and hit the space bar.

the images disappeared, not gifs, no resizing transparent and no box with a red x

hope it works for you

tim

Quick note - this only works if you've set "Image Required" = False in the administration section for images.

You could also set the height and width to images of subcategories to 0 and leave "Image Required" = True if you prefer. Either way will prevent the "broken image" icon form displaying.

So if you're seeing the little boxes with red x's - make sure you've used one of the above settings :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just made a 1 x 1 pixel image of the background colour of my page (white in my case) and uploaded a bunch of them, calling each one a different name that replaces the ones that come standard. If that makes sense. So now it loads the image but it is tiny, quick and invisible to everyone. It isn't the neatest way but it works for me!

I haven't lost my mind - I have it backed up on disk somewhere.

I just made a 1 x 1 pixel image of the background colour of my page (white in my case)

instead of using a defined background color, you can also simply make a transparent gif of 1x1 pixle, call it blank.gif and use it as everyone of your category images. That way, regardless of your store's background it will always be "blank."

Archived