• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Printable Catalog V 3.0 - new problem :huh:

:huh: Hey peoples,

I'm new to this GPL license software and I'm glad it's there because my budget won't stretch for a commercial package.

I have tried all the OSCommerce variances, only to realize that many of the other offerings become a problem when it comes to adding OSC contributions eg post modules for AU, template systems etc.

I have the current official release of OSC (oscommerce-2.2ms2) installed on a virtual server with a number of modules, and everything has been working fine after the install of each package. I learnt early to do manual installs as preconfigured packages would over right files already modified by other modules. When I have had a problem, I have found a solution in the forums.

I have done full site tests after each module install and backed up once I was satisfied the newly installed module worked correctly.

I would like to make the Printable Catalog available to my customers. I installed it the other day without success - when you click on the link in the infobox, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() in /www/db/webcity/wotzhotnow/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

Line 13 in my database.php

function tep_db_connect($server = DB_SERVER, $username = DB_SERVER_USERNAME, $password = DB_SERVER_PASSWORD, $database = DB_DATABASE, $link = 'db_link') {

My interpretation of the error is that tep_db_connect() has already been declared.

The file catalog_products_with_images.php has the follow line in it:

require('includes/application_top.php');

......application_top.php has the following line in it:

// make a connection to the database... now

tep_db_connect() or die('Unable to connect to database server!');

This is the only thing I can find - but nothing I have done has solved the problem. I have the following modules/contributions installed and working:

ultra_pics_updated_2

image_uploader_project_v1.1

Thema Relase 1.0

down_for_maintenance_v 2

GiftWrap v1.0

world_zones_v1_0

PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v1.6

Paymate_v2.1

AusBank v1.4

auspost_v2.0.2

Payit@Post_v1.1

eBay_Auction_Sales_Manager_1.2

article_manager_v1.2

Can one of you wizards help me with this one - please ;)

Challenged - but not defeated :rolleyes:

http://www.wotzhotnow.net

Hi there,

Same problem here :o after installing (or attempting to install...) "Featured" contribution:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /order/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /order/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

Seems I got stuck in the same spot, wotzhotnow... :(

Hope we can solve this soo...

Greetings,

:: domaky