• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate - Installation & Functions

Fabie

I am interested in a simple step by step installation process for easy populate. I have uploaded and installed, however, I am stuck with a couple of bugs. I have reviewed the documentation, however, I find it quite ambiguous.

What are it's basic functions?

I am looking for a module that will download and upload product information, mainly the the product images. Is this the correct module, or is their something simpler &/or easier?

Looking forward to your responses.

EP is basically an easier way to load your products to your store. if you are having problems getting it to work, perhaps you did not create the 'temp' folder in 'catalog' with permissions of '777'.

what did you find ambiguos? i opened the word file, followed it one step at a time, and then tried it. it worked. i then proceeded to add my additional fields to ep, and they successfully uploaded/downloaded.

only thing left for me is figuring out how to add additional attributes.

I am getting an error when I upload the txt file....

See this post

I download the complete file, then immediatly try to upload it. I don't even open the file, no changes, nothing. I get the following errors:

Easy Populate 2.62-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/virtual/site133/fst/var/www/html/catalog/catalog/temp/EP2004Feb26-1907_inted.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site133/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpARGSLB' to '/home/virtual/site133/fst/var/www/html/catalog/catalog/temp/EP2004Feb26-1907_inted.txt' in /home/virtual/site133/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpARGSLB

User filename: EP2004Feb26-1907_inted.txt

Size: 18232

Warning: file(/home/virtual/site133/fst/var/www/html/catalog/catalog/temp/EP2004Feb26-1907_inted.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site133/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 730

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/virtual/site133/fst/var/www/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 748

Need Hosting? Just ask!

I receive the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_master' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_master as v_products_master, p.products_master_status as v_products_master_status, p.products_listing_status as v_products_listing_status, p.products_date_available as v_date_avail, p.products_date_added as v_date_added, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id, p.products_status as v_status FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

[TEP STOP]

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to say it, but I'm getting the exact error as notset4life and Fabie.

I do have a directory at catalog/temp with permissions set to 777. I did download one of the files listed under 'Download EP and Froogle Files' (in this case the Model/Price/Qty and Model/Category tab-delimited .txt files; I used the latter. It would not allow me to download the 'Complete' or 'Froogle' tab-delimited .txt files, it gave a 1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_master' in 'field list' error if I tried).

After the file was downloaded and opened in MS Excel, I added model numbers to the v_products_model field -- a series going down the column as 1, 2, 3, etc...) and saved the file. Then I uploaded it via the Admin panel interface - "choose file", then "insert into db". This is the error I then got:

Easy Populate 2.72-MS2 - Default Language : English(1)

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php7cD9Kq

User filename: first-import.txt

Size: 4053

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_master' in 'field list'

SELECT p.products_id as v_products_id, p.products_model as v_products_model, p.products_image as v_products_image, p.products_price as v_products_price, p.products_weight as v_products_weight, p.products_master as v_products_master, p.products_master_status as v_products_master_status, p.products_listing_status as v_products_listing_status, p.products_date_added as v_date_avail, p.products_tax_class_id as v_tax_class_id, p.products_quantity as v_products_quantity, p.manufacturers_id as v_manufacturers_id, subc.categories_id as v_categories_id FROM products as p, categories as subc, products_to_categories as ptoc WHERE p.products_id = ptoc.products_id AND p.products_model = '1' AND ptoc.categories_id = subc.categories_id

Since I am running MSExcel on Mac OS X, I thought the file might have Mac endings on the lines. Opened it in BBEdit, and it did, so I changed them to UNIX and reuploaded the file / reimported into the db. Same problem. I'm stumped... (and I was SO careful about following the directions!) :o

Edited by bitter-girl.com

Shannon Okey

Central Mass,

Your problem seems to be ...catalog/catalog/temp. Try changing the two lines that have catalog/temp/ in easypopulate.php to just temp/. I think that's what I had to do. There is an earlier thread that explains this.

notset4life, Fabie, bitter-girl,

Are you using the version of Easypopulate that expects the "master products" contribution to be installed when it isn't? This is also addressed in an earlier thread.

HTH

Charley

All you have to do is remove any lines that have the following text on them:

products_master

products_master_status

products_listing_status

There are a few SQL queries where these are referenced, and you have to make sure you get rid of all of them.

be sure to get the lines in the UPDATE statement that are like this:

'$v_products_master',

I did this and it worked for me. Let me know if you need more explanation.

-dg

Hello,

I am having a problem with Easy Populate 2.72 MS2, whenever I try to create or download a tab delimited file of the products in the database, it gives me this error:

Server error!

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error message:

Premature end of script headers: easypopulate.php

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500

www.(domain).com

Sat 27 Mar 2004 08:03:02 AM EET

Apache/2.0.48 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_perl/1.99_12 Perl/v5.8.3 mod_ssl/2.0.48 OpenSSL/0.9.7c mod_auth_pgsql/2.0.1

Any ideas?

Has anyone had this type of error before?

I tried searching before but haven't found anything...

Please...someone....help...using EP 2.73 MS2

Maybe I'll try an older version by Tim Wasson....

Edited by Brando

brando, if you edited the file, you could have space at the end of the file (blank spaces, etc) so go to the end and after the ?> hit the delete key a few times and save it.

for the word docs file on ep, it is in the docs folder.