• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Paypal payments - Not returning to the site.

mr_eel

When any paypal payments are completed, instead of users being sent back to our site, they are getting an error message instead.

The error message thrown up says that checkout_process.php was not found. Seems that paypal is trying to look for this file at the URL http://checkout_process.php which is obviously wrong.

This seems to be a minconfiguration problem. Like the paypal IPN module is sending the wrong URL to paypal.

The question is, where is the configuration for this? How can I fix it?

This is my first posting to this site and I am not an expert! However, I have a shop which is working well with over 700 products and I am self-taught with OSC. I have also had the problem of PayPal notifications of payments being made but no order being present on my site (www.belmont-coms.com). I think the problem has now been sorted but it seems it is a PayPal issue and not OSC. Go to your PayPal account and click preferences and set up the automated return to your site.

Does anyone have any idea?

I've tried looking for documentation for this problem, but there is nothing. I'm sure that there are other people who have had this problem. I really need to get this fixed.

When any paypal payments are completed, instead of users being sent back to our site, they are getting an error message instead.

The error message thrown up says that checkout_process.php was not found. Seems that paypal is trying to look for this file at the URL http://checkout_process.php which is obviously wrong.

This seems to be a minconfiguration problem. Like the paypal IPN module is sending the wrong URL to paypal.

The question is, where is the configuration for this? How can I fix it?

Have you setup the ipn in your paypal account? If not you need to and if you have then you should check and make sure what url you have setup. It should be path on your site ending with checkout_success.php if I am not mistaken.

The url you have paypal looking for http://checkout_process.php is missing your domain and path so you need to make sure that you include the complete url

http://www.yourdomain/catalog/checkout_process.php

and see if that works any better.

Now if this does not work then let us know which paypal ipn contribution you are using and you might get some better info.

The Knowledge Base is a wonderful thing.

Do you have a problem? Have you checked out Common Problems?

There are many very useful osC Contributions

Are you having trouble with a installed contribution? Have you checked out the support thread found Here

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!! You did backup, right??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i got 2 questions for the paypal modules(s)

1) how would it be posible to add a comment to the module so it shows in the payment page that is editable?

2) how would you get osc, when redirecting to the paypal log-in site, show your banner on the paypal page?

(maybe some new features to think about in future versions of existing mods?)

CG69 http://www.anime-core.org

are you guys talking about the standard paypal module that came with osc? this one works for me (direct customers back to my site) even though i haven't adjust anything in my paypal account...

actually i'm interested in using the ipn modules and i know there are few of them here, which one should i choose? or i just need to adjust my ipn setting in the paypal account and works out just fine with the original module?

are you guys talking about the standard paypal module that came with osc? this one works for me (direct customers back to my site) even though i haven't adjust anything in my paypal account...

how you know that it direct customers back to my site? Have you tried to pay?

yes i have paid myself using the original paypal module...

what it did was to transfer you to the payment page and after that return you back to the site to complete the checkout process...

what i don't really like is that on the paypal payment page it doesn't list the products that you buy (like the paypal shopping cart) but instead just referring the store name as the "item"

so for now i'll stick to it... may be later i will try the paypal shopping cart ipn module (i know it's out there) but the installation is a bit overwhelling for me

• 2 weeks later...

A T 8,

I had your exact problem with the stock paypal module that is apart of osc. After implementing the PayPal IPN contribution, my osc shopping cart items are appearing during PayPal payment.

My current problem is that the IPN does not appear to update the order status. So the only way that I have to know whether or not I have been paid is to login to PayPal.

I can see in the httpd access logs that ipn.php was hit by

Name: notify.paypal.com

Address: 64.4.241.140

But I can't see where anything was updated. If anyone has any clues, I would appreciate the help, until then I will keep digging.

Edited by staggats

A little more information.

My osCommerce distribution version is: oscommerce-2.2ms2.tar.gz

The paypal ipn contribution is: PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v2.2.zip

After completing all the steps in the install document, and perform the test. The test is successful.

Running the Test

------------------------

24.99.183.238 - - [06/May/2004:15:22:11 -0400] "POST /ipn.php HTTP/1.1" 200 3136

Viewing admin -> customers-> orders

the record shows that the order is in processing.

Running a Live Test

---------------------------

When paypal is trying to perform the IPN

64.4.241.140 - - [06/May/2004:14:30:13 -0400] "POST /ipn.php HTTP/1.0" 204 0

When viewing admin -> customers -> orders

the record shows that the order is still Pending PayPal Notification

It is my understanding that the last number at the end of the log line is the number of bytes sent as the post data portion of the request. If this is true, then paypal does not appear to be sending any values in its post data.

Any Ideas? My feeling is that I just don't have my PayPal account setup correctly, but it seems like I have tinkered with every setting that PayPal has to offer me.

Thanks for any help

Ok, I figured out my problem. I found another post in this forum where the person was having the exact same issue that I was having. I have 2 paypal email accounts, and was not using the primary one in the osC PayPal module ipn contribution configuration field where I should have been using the primary paypal email account.

Here is the link to the other community thread. Other Thread Post

Edited by staggats