ecartz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Ok the code that is effected is this

if (!tep_session_is_registered('admin_store_id')) {
? ? ?$contents[] = array('text' ?=> '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_STORES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_STORES . '</a><br>' .
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</a><br>' .
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>');
?} else {
? ? $contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MY_PRODUCTS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MY_PRODUCTS . '</a>');
? ?}
?}

the problem is in this

if (!tep_session_is_registered('admin_store_id'))

and jumps to this part

else {
? ? $contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MY_PRODUCTS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MY_PRODUCTS . '</a>');
? ?}

does this mean i got somthing wrong in the session settings of PHP?

and yes using VM 1.2 + admin

Edited by ngm_n

I used the contribution and it works beautifully on unix/mac servers.

But... when I installed it on my production windows 2000 server the Admin pages password protected cannot be opened with a browser. You have the messages:

? Object Moved This document may be found here

(with Internet Explorer)

? Safari can?t open the page ?? because it cannot redirect to locations starting with ?(null):?.

(with Safari browsers)

I think that this is a bug in IIS, here's what I found:

BUG: Set-Cookie Is Ignored in CGI When Combined With Location

View products that this article applies to.

This article was previously published under Q176113

SYMPTOMS

When a CGI application sends a Set-Cookie header with "302 Object Moved" response and Location header, Internet Information Server (IIS) ignores the cookie header.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/style_images/1/icon2.gifAny idea on how to correct it?

I have a stupid question.... I think this is exactly what I'm looking for. I want to have different vendors sell their product on my store and each vendor have access to their own orders and receive their own order emails when someone places an order.

I've read through this posting and the mod page. My question is "How do you install this mod?" Do you need to have a clean installation of OSC or can you install it to the one I already have setup? Also, do the changes need to be done BEFORE you install OSC or after?

I think this is a great mod and most everyone on this topic knows what they are talking about. I know enough to work through detailed instructions. A little help would be greatly appreciated.

• 5 months later...

Hi, I just tried installing VM 1.2 on a loaded store and can setup stores without any problem, but there seems to be a conflict in the login routine somewhere. I get these errors when trying to add an administrator in the store admin panel:

Warning: implode(): Bad arguments. in /home/mysite/www/www/admin/administrators.php on line 44

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/mysite/www/www/admin/administrators.php on line 354

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mysite/www/www/admin/administrators.php:44) in /home/mysite/www/www/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 128

If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Does anyone know for certain whether VM 1.2 will work with a loaded version of OSC (based on Loaded 6)?

Thanks!

Hi,

Wow! this is absolutely GREAT :D

I get these errors when trying to add an administrator in the store admin panel:

I got that same error, but then I found that is I selected at least one from the selection box, instead of just choosing the store name, everything worked fine.

The my_account is like a little paypal backend. I'm providing the transaction for all sales, meaning I have to eventually pay the vendor, this way, they can pay themselves, plus I can automatically pay myself a commision per transaction.

Has this been inplemented?

Is there a way that if a person orders two things (or more) from two different stores, that each store can only see what the person has purchased from them, and not the whole order?

Has the shipping for each merchant been worked out also?

Thank you for your time.

For some reason, the upper selection box was empty and I could not select anything. The stores were listed, however, so that's all I could select.

Hi,

Wow!  this is absolutely GREAT  :D

I got that same error, but then I found that is I selected at least one from the selection box, instead of just choosing the store name, everything worked fine.

Hi Matt,

I have installed the latest one on a modified cart. No errors, except it does not allow me to enter the admin side. I tried the user name and password in the sql file you included, no luck. I even inserted new user name and password in the table, still no luck.

please help.

Terry

I also am unable to access admin. I have searched for the original admin access file, but can't find the correct one. (Couldn't find any doc on which one used in the Virtual Mall files either.)

Could someone please send me the default password so I can make sure all the bugs are out and put it live on my site?

Thanks so much in advance!

Heather

• 1 month later...
Just a note I found an error in my removal of the product table updates in oscommerce.sql  I've updated the readme file.  Its's still here: http://www.ecorey.com/mall_instr_update_plus_admin.txt

Also, as discussed I'm creating a modular version of this system, and some additional functionality based around the store owner.  This new version eliminates the Manufacturer idea in that I use those tables for my store owner info.

I didn't want my site to have manufacturers anyway, I wanted it to have stores.  It seemed like free advertising for them.  Anyway,

Virtual Mall 1.2 was done very well so what I did was fairly simple.  I just convert it's administrator and stores tables to manufacturers_admin and manu..ers_store which eliminated all the store_id inserts, since manufacturers_id is already everywhere.

Virtual Mall 1.2 also introduced, I think, the my_products.php system which I expanded upon a bit with future exspansion also available as modules or direct.

I have my_orders, my_customers, my_prefrences in different states of completedness.  <-- Is that a word?  Anyway,

This file is here if you want to check it out.  Please contribute to this system as I believe it has some great potential.

Also note, I've been asked by Virtual Mall 1.2 author ecartz to release this as a different version, which I really hate to do.  I mean if not for 1.2 this wouldn't be here.  But I'm calling if, for now, Modular Virtual Mall 0.1b - and I'm aiming to release Version 1, without any help, on June 1, with a little help, sooner with a couple people it could be done over the weekend.  :)  Right John, ecartz?  :P

Check it out: http://www.ecorey.com/Modular_VM_README.txt

con4mity,

Appreciate your ideas, couldn't agree any more :thumbsup:

it's a pity that if there is no another version including the above features for OSC! anyone have suggestions on doing the thing like e-bay?

ecartz,

thanks for your contribution! do you think it possible to further develop these great contribution on the following:

1. List Stores like Manufacturers and integrate Manufacturers Popup Window and Wolfen Feature Sets for the Stores.

2. Categorize Manufacturers/Stores into Product Categories.

looking forward to your reply

• 4 weeks later...

Terribly sorry I didn't realize my links were still posted. I'll put them back up this afternoon.

Also, is anyone still working on this contribution? I'm interested in further development for a project I'm involved with. If Matt, or anyone else is interested in working for a cut or pay let me know. Basically I need to tighten some things down, and add a bit of admin level functionality.

Thanks,

Corey

• 2 months later...

Thank you Ken Yuen.

I'm not sure if that will work for me either, doesn anybody know of a contribution that can look or work similar to this: MWeb Shopping portal

I would like to have 3 - 5 stores on the tabs and a seperate page for other shops, basically like a real mall with a few major tenants and a few smaller tenants.

Thank you Ken Yuen.

I'm not sure if that will work for me either, doesn anybody know of a contribution that can look or work similar to this: MWeb Shopping portal

I would like to have 3 - 5 stores on the tabs and a seperate page for other shops, basically like a real mall with a few major tenants and a few smaller tenants.

http://shop.haoar.com

not only meet your requirements, but also has separate store admin accounts, which can let store owners manage theirs goods themselves.

just the design is different

• 1 month later...

In admin, select Administrators/setup/add new There is a multiple select box:

(This administrator has access to the following areas. CTRL+Click to select multiple.) That doesn't have anything in it. The code that creates it is:

<select name="administrators_adm_pages[]" size="<?php print( count( $aADMBoxes ) ); ?>" multiple>
<?php
     foreach( $aADMBoxes as $aKey => $aValue ) {
?>
                         <option value="<?php echo $aKey; ?>"><?php echo $aValue; ?></option>
<?php
     }
?>
                       </select>

I'm no coder, but where is $aADMBoxes defined or does it not need to be defined?

I could really use the multiple select box.

Thanks in advance,

Marg

• 1 month later...

Is this still receiving support?

I am getting this error when trying to get into my admin

1146 - Table 'xxxinventory.administrators' doesn't exist

select administrators_allowed_pages from administrators where administrators_id = ''

So far I am muddling through.. I tried to run the sql query and for every command it errored out but did not give a specific error.. just said My sql says ?

Help please?

Lori

• 2 weeks later...

Is there still support for this?? I have tried to reinstall and am getting sql errors and cannot access my admin or my storefront.

This is what was I attempted to run from the sql included with the download

SQL-query:

CREATE TABLE administrators(

administrators_id int( 11 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

administrators_username varchar( 20 ) NOT NULL ,

administrators_password varchar( 40 ) NOT NULL ,

administrators_allowed_pages varchar( 255 ) DEFAULT '*' NOT NULL ,

PRIMARY KEY ( administrators_id )

)

The error is

#1067 - Invalid default value for 'administrators_id'

Is anyone around for help?

Thanks

Lori

• 4 weeks later...

Dear Friends!

I installed the virtual_mall and everything working fine. Just one little point i cant fix. Perhabs you got an idea?

In the checkout process, in the moment of success, the content of the cart will written in the table orders_products. So it do. Just the store_id was not wrote in. Since days i?m looking after this, my idea is: the $store_id must be empty. Why?

Could you give me a little help for this?

Thank you on advance,

teutul

sorry about my english!

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me if this contribution allows customers to use the same cart when swapping between stores?

Also, if I had my main store at www.mystore.com and then my second store at www.secondstore.mystore.com would it still work?

Sarah