• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MOECTOE Suite public BETA 1 Support

dreamscape

hello Michael,

for the time being I would suggest going to the MOECTOE configuration and turning off ot_tax. the tax is not fully functional, so until I can get it so, I'd reccomend just turning tax off for MOECTOE and using the custom OT fields if you need to add tax to an order (existing order, tax will remain intact).

for the size of the popup, I just guessed a decent width based on the products & categories in a default OSC install. Anyways to change it, open admin/moectoe_edit_order.php and around line 426 find this in the javascript (or just search for it in the file):

function openWindow(file, windowName) {
   msgWindow = window.open(file, windowName,'top=250,left=250,width=550,height=400,location=no,status=yes,toolbar=no,resi
ze=yes');
   if (!msgWindow.opener) msgWindow.opener = self;
 }

the width=550 sets the width. BTW, it is resizable, or should be as the resize option is set to yes (meaning allow popup to be resized). In future versions though, I will take the size too small into consideration and quite possibly allow the width & height to be defined in the configuration.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry,

me again. There is one major issue:

We are based in Germany. So the language of the admin tool is German.

When I add products to a german customer, everything is perfect.

When I do the same thing to a customer based in the US, the followig occurs:

Everything is in English except the product options. Any ideas?

Greetings, Michael

Not because it is difficult we don't dare to do it, but because we don't dare to do it, it is difficult. (Seneca)

Hello Michael,

I'm sorry but BETA 1 is not programmed to be able to use a language for an order different from the current language of the admin tool.

When you say everything but the product options is in English for US customers, I am a little confused. The name of the order total modules (subtotal, total) and shipping quotes should be in german as well, because they would be using the admin tool language as well.

I want to thank you for reporting this though, as I actually did not think that someone may want to enter an order in a language different from either the default language or current language of the admin tool (I thought to add support for multiple currencies but not language).

Hey but that is what betas are for: finding and fixing errors.

I will be sure to include support for an order language different from the language of the admin tool in BETA 2.

In the meantime, a work-around is to change the admin tool's language to english if you need an order entered in english.

- Edmund Burke

Hi Dreamscape,

first of all thx for the fast reply regarding the windows size. Now it is as it should look like. And the window is not resizable. But, I don't care anymore.

The language is a problem because since I installed Contribution No. 1 (admin with levels), I am unable to choose the language within the administrator. I would have to change the language settings of Mozilla, log out, clear the cache, login again ......

This is an issue for us as we deliver worldwide (but, right now only in English, French and German language). We will see if we are able to change the code so we get a language pulldown.

As you mentioned that you like Beta testing, here is another one (which is NOT urgent): When it comes to payment methods, I have to fill in everything by hand, as I can't choose other methods than CC. But that is not critical.

As I already said, this is a great contribution! The most important thing for us is that it gives us the ability to make partial delivery (change the order, open a new one, deliver on of the two).

Thx a lot for it!

Greetings, Michael

Not because it is difficult we don't dare to do it, but because we don't dare to do it, it is difficult. (Seneca)

The language is a problem because since I installed Contribution No. 1 (admin with levels), I am unable to choose the language within the administrator. I would have to change the language settings of Mozilla, log out, clear the cache, login again ......

This is an issue for us as we deliver worldwide (but, right now only in English, French and German language). We will see if we are able to change the code so we get a language pulldown.

Yes at the time I didn't even think of these type of situations. This WILL be in the next release (that I hope is soon) and also it will better support adding/editing multiple orders at one time.

The main problem I see with just making a regular language pulldown is that both the entire admin & catalog portions included in MOECTOE (ie order total modules & shipping modules) would use the new language. The problem comes that we do not want all of the admin switched to the language for the order. We'd want it to stay the same and switch only at certain points. This could be addresses by holding the admin language in a temp value, and where necessary, switch to the new value (for the order), then after done needing it in the code, switch back to the temp value, so that the admin tool stays german in your example, but the order can be input as english.

Again I hope to be able to get the next version out soon and it will address this (I wanted to get it out sooner, but at the time there were very few testers using this and I got little feedback, so I decided to keep BETA 1 going for a little while longer to see if I could get more feedback, and then got busy with other things that I haven't had time to get BETA 2 finished up.)

As you mentioned that you like Beta testing, here is another one (which is NOT urgent): When it comes to payment methods, I have to fill in everything by hand, as I can't choose other methods than CC. But that is not critical.

Well the main thing here is, everything should be customizable. So if I were to put in a drop-down list of the installed payment modules to select from, you would not be able to customize the payment method. Also I can see some people accepting different payment methods over the phone than they would on their store-front. I thought about putting in a list of installed payment modules to select from that would update that field (similar to shipping); however, with the payment methods, there are no quotes to get, so it seems like a waste of space to me to do that. The payment method is only one line to type in (whether it is Money Order, COD, Credit Card, etc). Then if you put in "Credit Card", you will see additional fields for the cc info that can be stored in the database. The next version will allow for "credit card" to be the equivalent of "credit card" in the chosen language.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "I can't choose other methods than CC."

- Edmund Burke

first of all thx for the fast reply regarding the windows size. Now it is as it should look like. And the window is not resizable. But, I don't care anymore.

it is resizable and has been resizable in every browser I have tested in. What browser/version are you running might I ask?

EDIT: I see. instead of `resize=yes` it should be `resizable=yes`. the browsers I've tested in must have just graciously accepted `resize` and assumed I meant `resizable`. sorry about that.

Edited by dreamscape

- Edmund Burke

Hi Dreamscape,

this is quite a long conversation ;)

Right now we are going to store the original customer language in a new field in the order table. We are going to pull that ID when it comes to the order. If we get it functional...

I'm not really sure what you mean by "I can't choose other methods than CC."

I mean like the pulldown you mentioned. I can't choose them, I have to type them in. Here in Europe we get most of the money by bank transfer. I already store the bank details in the DB, so it would be nice to pull them out of there and add them to the order. But that is "nice to have" and not really important. I didn't even think about sales ofer the phone, as that never happens in our situation. Sorry for being that egoistically.

If you ever want to get the German language files (French isn't done so far, there are more important things on the roadmap), just say so, I will send them over. As well as if we get the (our) language problem done.

Greetings, Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Hello dreamscape and all,

moectoe works on my mac like a charm (or better). I've made several tests before going to my client up in Mendocino to show them how to use the interface. Well, it did not work on their pc (windoz 2000) and IE - editing numbers was not possible. It was really odd. Back home we tried on my buddy's pc. Same result: the order could not be updated with additional numbers like discount, handling etc.

Has anybody had similar problems?

Thanks a bunch :-)

:: doris

ps. I've posted this message first in the wrong forum... maybe I need some rest.... :o

Hello dreamscape and all,

moectoe works on my mac like a charm (or better). I've made several tests before going to my client up in Mendocino to show them how to use the interface. Well, it did not work on their pc (windoz 2000) and IE - editing numbers was not possible. It was really odd. Back home we tried on my buddy's pc. Same result: the order could not be updated with additional numbers like discount, handling etc.

Has anybody had similar problems?

yes IE 5+ windows does not recognize CSS table-row as a display value. If you go back to page 1 of this thread, there is a pretty long post of javascript code that fixes IE windows problem until I can get the next version released.

- Edmund Burke

Thank you dreamscape :-)

I was blind with open eyes. I started suspecting though that IE would go in exploder mode since the page work just fine in Opera and Netscape.

Thanks a bunch for pointing me into the right direction :-)

:: doris

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been using this contrib on two stores since first posted and love it!

I installed for a friend and have javascript errors on each moectoe page. Always 'unterminated string constant' but not always the same line.

I have compared the files put on the friend's site with the files from my own and they are identical.

Anyone know what would be causing these errors or at least point me in the right direction for finding the problem?

Thanks,

Maureen

...addition to above post...

this is the first error:

Line: 127

Char: 67

Error: unterminated string constant

Code: 0

URL: xxx/moectoe_manual_entry.php

Line 127 of that page is the blank line between the closing bracket and // Set the orders_status_history

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($order_totals); $i<$n; $i++) {
         if (in_array($order_totals[$i]['code'], $allowed_ot_totals)) {
           $sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $new_order_id,
                                   'title' => $order_totals[$i]['title'],
                                   'text' => (($order_totals[$i]['code'] != 'ot_total') ? $order_totals[$i]['text'] : '<b>' . $currencies->format($order->info['total'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '</b>'),
                                   'value' => (($order_totals[$i]['code'] != 'ot_total') ? $order_totals[$i]['value'] : $order->info['total']),
                                   'class' => $order_totals[$i]['code'], 
                                   'sort_order' => $order_totals[$i]['sort_order']);
           tep_db_perform(TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL, $sql_data_array);
         } else {
           $order->info['total'] += ($order_totals[$i]['value']*(-1));
         }
       }

// Set the orders_status_history
       if ($orders_status_version == 'MS1_MS2') {
         $sql_data_array = array('orders_id' => $new_order_id,
                                 'orders_status_id' => tep_db_prepare_input(DEFAULT_ORDERS_STATUS_ID), 
                                 'date_added' => 'now()',
                                 'customer_notified' => '0',
                                 'comments' => 'Order created by the administration');

the browser cannot see the PHP code. It just sees the output of the code. You have to open the page with the error, and then view the source from the browser and look at line 127 of that.

- Edmund Burke

Thank you so much B)

Yes, there was a database error -- for zone Santa Cruz de Tenerife -- all fixed now :D

Lines 127 & 128 of the source

theForm.entry_zone_id.options[41] = new Option("Santa Cruz de 
Tenerife", "170");

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dreamscape,

I found a problem with the tax calculation. Here is what happens:

When I manually add an order, I select the items as well as the shipping. All products are shown with tax included, but the tax is not calculated within the product.

In the end the total price is calculated from net price plus shipping, not from the price including tax plus shipping.

Any ideas how to solve this?

Greetings, Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Hi dreamscape,

Thanks for this contribution!

I noticed one "funny" (funny because it's exactly the same problem as with edit_orders) problem though, I do get rounding errors after editting an order (including tax shop).

In moectoe_edit_order.php line 936 there is this code:

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><input name="<?php echo "update_products[$orders_products_id][final_price]"; ?>" size="5" value="<?php echo number_format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], 2, '.', ''); ?>"></td>

it helps if you change it to this:

<td class="dataTableContent" align="right" valign="top"><input name="<?php echo "update_products[$orders_products_id][final_price]"; ?>" size="5" value="<?php echo number_format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], 6, '.', ''); // changed 2 to 6 to prevent rounding errors ?>"></td>

(probably 4 or 5 decimals i.s.o. 6 will work fine too)

Another thing I would like is an option to have the shipping tax added to the total tax. In my case the the shop is showing prices including tax and so the shipping tax also is including tax. This will be different for others probably.

I'm trying to add the option of sort the table of the products ordered (in moectoe_edit_order.php).

My first steep is to add a dropdown to select the kind of sorting, but I start proove with a input box.

I was thinking that it would be easy, but I can't understand why it don't work...

First at all I try to put a input field into the form. His value will keept the 'sort by' value (eg. 'sort by orders_products_id' or 'order by products_name')

For example:

If I put a input field:

<input type="text" name="sort2" value="<?php echo $_POST['sort']; ?>">

Next this code:

<input type="hidden" name="subaction" value="">

I'm unhappy to see that (after submit the form) the value of this input box disapears... (The value of the $_POST['sort2'] is not reload)

Dear Dreamscape (or somebody that are able to) May explain me why the value is missing?

All the best.

Antonio

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I installed this contrib, looks like it will save some time, but ads a few more hiccups to my plan at the same time..

My product names are pretty long, and they extend past when going to add products via the popup, is there any way to change the size of the popup, as it is I have to click and drag until I get to the update buttons

Also for payment type, is there any way we can get a drop down for it according to what options/modules we already have??

• 2 weeks later...
My product names are pretty long, and they extend past when going to add products via the popup, is there any way to change the size of the popup, as it is I have to click and drag until I get to the update buttons

Custom definitions of the popup size will be in the next version. It is already in, but I just have not had time to get together the next stable public BETA release. For now, you can just find in the code where the link to the popup window is, and change the size it pops up to.

Also for payment type, is there any way we can get a drop down for it according to what options/modules we already have??

It would be possible, but you could also just type it in. Actually it should always be able to be typed in, so perhaps a list or a dropdown below the input box where you can select so it fills in the input box for you would be best. I had not included this, as because currently you cannot process payments using the payment modules through the admin, so they provide no real value in the admin, like the shipping quotes do - which give you shipping quotes to work with.

An authorize.net Virtual Terminal for the OSC admin that integrates with MOECTOE is planned for either the next public BETA or the first final release. It will be used in such a way, through a class, that it will be fairly easy to make such a virtual terminal/integration with MOECTOE for other gateways, that is if they have sufficient APIs.

Edited by dreamscape

- Edmund Burke

• 1 month later...

HI

First it's a great contributionyou have made....

But i have installed it and translatet it to danish...

But it seem like it don't substract the products you have sold from the stock.

Is it only at my site or is it not yet been implanted......

Regards

Lars

Denmark

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Tried to update the 'small image height' in admin, and got this msg:

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/username/public_html/oscom/admin/configuration.php on line 27

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/username/public_html/oscom/admin/configuration.php:27) in /home/username/public_html/oscom/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Line 27 is

while (list($key, $value) = each($_POST['configuration'])) {

which is part of the MOECTOE mods for configuration.php

shouldn't the code be ?

while (list($key, $value) = each($_POST['configuration_value'])) {

Peter