• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

SSL Help - order_info and create_account looping

I have edited my MS1 configure.php -

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.mydomain.com');

define('HTTPS_SERVER and define('ENABLE_SSL', true)

I also have Purchase Without account installed.

The problem: during the checkout process, when a customer goes to enter the account information on either the create_account.php or for PWA the Order_Info.php the pages loop back to the same page and the information is blank.

One big clue (hopefully) is that the account is not being created. Also, if I turn the SSL off, everything functions properly.

This is a shared SSL (wanted to make sure everthing works properly before I spend the money).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Your problem seems very simular to a problem, I have just solved : when a customer tried to create an account, he would have the same page sent back - blanked (!) but if he pressed F5 the account would be created.

This was the behavior whenI used SSL - if I used NONSSL it worked perfectly.

Microsoft has an error in their latest update to IE 6.0 SP1, where IE does (re)sent the POSTed page as it should. All users with automatic update, will expirience this error, should I think.

There is a patch from Microsoft which corrects the problem, and You should consider (if it solves Your problem) asking your visitors to install the patch too.

The link is http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

I hope it will help you.

• 1 month later...

What about this problem when NON SSL is being used. Some of my customers using IE^+ are reporting they have to get username/password anew each time they log in. :-(

TB

Archived