• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

easy populate help with tab-delimited samples

pfaustino

I'm using IE to execute populate.php but whenever I click on any of the sample files to generate, I get a resulting page that is completely blank - no text file. What am I doing wrong?

The second option is to write the files to a /temp/ directory. The problem is I don't have root access. Can I just change this /temp/ directory to a directory that I have access to? Do I need to change both

$tempdir = "/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/temp/";

?

The temp directory can be anywhere you like, relocate it to a directory in which you do have access. Mine is in catalog\temp, just make sure to change your config to relfect its correct location.

Far as your import im guessing here but you may have to work with your Mysql admin to make sure it properly parses tabs as the delimiter.

Red Fraggle.

Thanks for the quick answer. I created a temp directory under catalog but the new question is: Should I set the config to the absolute Unix address or relative to the catalog folder? The initial slash leads me to beleive that I should use the absolute Unix address:

$tempdir = "/hsphere/local/home/inkpfaus/inkjetcartridgez.com/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/hsphere/local/home/inkpfaus/inkjetcartridgez.com/catalog/temp/";

But that doesn't seem to work. I tried "Create Complete tab-delimited .txt file in temp dir" but no file is created there.

I am the admin for the mysql db so let me know what I need to do here. Note that I haven't even started the import process. I'm just trying to create the sample file first.

What's frustrating is that easypopulate is not outputting any errors. When I hit the "Create..." links I just get a blank screen at this url:

http://domain.com/catalog/easypopulate.php...ile&dltype=full

Try this in admin/easypopulate.php

// **** Temp directory ****

// if you changed your directory structure from stock and do not have /catalog/temp/, then you'll need to change this accordingly.

//

$tempdir = "/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

"If you're working on something new, then you are necessarily an amateur."

the preceding / doesnt mean it takes only an unix absolute path. this means that the catalog will start from its home directory "/" which usually is /catalog and parse the rest of the directory structure from there. What i mean is, in the config file /temp is read by the catalog to mean /catalog/temp

Hope this helps, now while were on the subject i have a couple questions if you guys can help me.

What does the field "product_url" in the stock easypopulate text file do? is this meant as a link for the manufacturers website?

Also does anyone reading this thread have products like clothes?

I cant seem to figure out how to use the attributes columns for autocreation of the attributes. looking a ta flat file someone has that actually has built in color and size variation attributes would be a huge help. Anyone got one they could let me look at a few lines of?

Red Fraggle

I cant seem to figure out how to use the attributes columns for autocreation of the attributes.

Did you ever figure this out, Red Fraggle? I'm also trying to add large numbers of products in Easy Populate, but there seems to be no easy way of adding large numbers of attributes. My understanding is that EP doesn't allow for adding attributes, but I may be wrong about this.