• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

URGENT Gift Voucher Problems

Hi, I am facing real problems working with gift vouchers and coupons. Might be that I am too stupid for some settings - or - might be that the code has problems.

I am using SEC 2.2 with lightly modified code for GV 5.10b

I do not get any parser errors or so.

Now, lets go for it:

Coupons:

Shop-prices of items: all included Tax (this is 16%)

Case - I want to create a coupon lets say of an amount of 10. The job is now to select an item, take that amount and deduct the coupon from that one. Looks like this:

what I want:

ITEM cost 100

-

Coupon 10

Tax included 12,41

TOTAL to pay: 90

[calc: 100 - 10 = 90

Tax 90 / 116 * 16 = 12,41]

I come so far that the total is ok. But always the shown tax is either totally wrong or is calculated upon the ITEM price without recognizing the coupon.

SO what should I set in the admin area?

I am having similar probs with the Voucher. Difference is mainly that the customer can buy a gift certificate. Now it comes to the point where I have to think about selling with or without tax.

If I sell as taxable item then I am having similar problems with the tax calculation (either toally wrong or amount base is item only without voucher)

I just tried the last 24 hours (just 4 hours sleep inbetween) and searched a lot inthe forums.

And now I build upon your knowledge and experiences PLEASE!!!!!!!

Coupons:

Shop-prices of items: all included Tax (this is 16%)

Case - I want to create a coupon lets say of an amount of 10. The job is now to select an item, take that amount and deduct the coupon from that one. Looks like this:

what I want:

ITEM cost 100

-

Coupon 10

Tax included 12,41

TOTAL to pay: 90

[calc: 100 - 10 = 90

Tax 90 / 116 * 16 = 12,41]

I come so far that the total is ok. But always the shown tax is either totally wrong or is calculated upon the ITEM price without recognizing the coupon.

SO what should I set in the admin area?

Hi Kai,

I have also a couple of shops displaying product prices incl. tax (VAT) etc and I noticed this problem a long time ago. I modified ot_coupons.php to fit my case but there are some limitations to it (right now), the tax is calculated wrong for discount coupons where you have restrictions (categories or products). I had a version working smooth in November last year but I was not able to post it due to some tragic events ... then there were some releases of the contribution that made my changes obsolete.

I have found some issues/bugs with the current release and I am right now working this for my own case.

If you want I can send you the code of ot_coupons.php for you to test. I would like some other part to test it. PM my your mail address.

/Fred