• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting an email from site when something bought?

Olorin

I've got a problem. My site, www.v3leds.com does not email me when I recieve an order. I've tested this twice, and ensured that I confirmed the order and still no email, except from papypal.

I only accept paypal as an email, and when a purchase goes though, Ig et an email from them saying I got a payment, with a quantity, but without how many of what color and so forth. The Item thing just says "v3 LEDs" and not BLue, or Red. So I'm sure someones made something where when you recieve an order, you get an email from say, [email protected] and it says a Name, Address, username or whatnot from your site, the items's, and how many of each different one. Can anyone direct me to this? If you're going to refer me to the logging orders before confirmation thing, I've tried to install it and ran across a problem with my sql. So yeah, if anyone could help it'd me MUCH appreciated!

So I'm sure someones made something where when you recieve an order, you get an email from say, [email protected] and it says a Name, Address, username or whatnot from your site, the items's, and how many of each different one.

It should be part of your standard install. Go to your OSC admin panel and go to Admin->configuration->my store-> send extra order emails to

Click on the action button. click edit and enter in the e-mail address that you would like to have the copy of the order confirmation sent to ie. your e-mail address.

I have access to the email used for that, and I never got an email looking like the one I got, as the store owner. Is there a setting for this also?
This is usually a sign that the mail server isn't configured to send email from your store, just to your email address. Adding one of the following commands to the top of includes/classes/email.php may help:
ini_set('sendmail_from', STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

ini_set('sendmail_path', '/usr/bin/sendmail -t -i -f ' . STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

Otherwise, check with your host to see if they can find a way to do this.

Hth,

Matt

Always back up before making changes.