• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Category, Buy Now

CatDadRick

Hello everyone,

One last problem with OSC that I can't pin down and haven't been able to find a fix for...

I have SECv2_2MS2GV installed along with several additional contributions. Everything works well together except that, in Category view, the Add to Cart function doesn't work.

For example, if a customer clicks on a specific category to browse, finds a product they would like to buy and enters 1 in the Buy Now box and then clicks the Add to Cart button, the customer is directed to the shopping cart but the cart is empty. Add to cart works in every other view including All Products. The problem seems to only happen in the Category view. At one point, I did a clean install of SEC just to see if the problem would occur there, it did.

I wrote to Linda McGrath back in early December (2003) about this, but she has not answered. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,

CatDadRick

• 4 weeks later...

Hey u !

could you get it working with category add to chart ?

Got the same problem here. Please let me know !

thnx

Markus

Markus,

I'm not sure what you mean...

could you get it working with category add to chart?

I assumed that was a contribution, but I can't find it on the osCommerce site. If it is a contribution, and you have a copy of it or know where it's located, let me know and I'll give it a try.

I still haven't solved the problem.

CatDadRick

Hey thanx for replay.

what I meant was ...

....For example, if a customer clicks on a specific category to browse, finds a product they would like to buy and enters 1 in the Buy Now box and then clicks the Add to Cart button, the customer is directed to the shopping cart but the cart is empty...

I got the same problem here.

I did installed the SEC from Linda Vers. 2.2.

Did make some categories, for example T-Shirts. When the customer enters the category "T-Shirts" he sees the different sizes listet. In every row of the item there is a field, where he can enter the quantity he would like to buy. When u add there for example 2, and then click add to chart, you will be switched to the basket, but there is no item in it. It stays empty...

When the cutomer clicks on an item to go to the detail description of the item and then places a 2 into the quantity field and clicks "add to chart" the you will be swichted to the basket and the item is in it. Then it works fine...

As you worte, you might have had the same problem. I would like to know how it could be fixed....

Tnx

Markus

Markus,

Ok, I understand now. Yes, I have exactly the same behavior. I sell elctronics closeout items and factory refurbised stuff. If a customer browses Car Stereo for example and finds something he wants to buy and clicks Add To Cart, he gets an empty cart. The odd thing is, if he browses in All Products, the Add To Cart function Works fine. I still haven't found a solution, but I think the fact that All Prods Add To Cart works is a clue.

If I find something, I'll post here.

Thanks,

CatDadRick

Hope this topic is ok for this thread. I posted a new topic in the contributions section but so far noone has answered. I also have the problem with the add to cart button not adding the products from the product-listing page but I cant seem to get the products to show a qty box and a buy now button for each item. My pages show a list of products with individual qty boxes and a huge add to cart button at the bottom of the page. Can you help me figure out how to get the qty input box and the buy now button to display at the same time for each product in the products listing page. I have modified the options in the admin side under configuration/productlisting/productlistingdisplay , currently I have it set to "1" which is supposed to display the qty boxes and the buy now buttons but instead each item just says more info. ANy help appreciated, Can you at least tell me what you have your product listing options set to in the admin? thanks

I have a quantity box for each item in the category and a single large "Add Selected Products to Cart" button at the bottom of the list. When I change a quantity to more than "0" and then click the "Add Selected Products to Cart" button, I'm directed to the shopping cart, but the cart is empty.

In admin I also have "Configuration, ProductListing, ProductListingDisplay" set to 1. I have SECv2_2MS2 and I think there is an override in it for the Category Listing, but I haven't found it yet.

CatDadRick

Hi CatDadRick!

Your are right. Thats the Problem we talk about. But I guess there is no mistake in the Product_listing.php, because I did take the original from normal shop and there is still the same mistake...

I could not figure out what the hell is wrong.

When u go to

http://www.webmakers.com/secMS2demo/admin/...ec_credits.html ]

http://www.webmakers.com/secMS2demo/admin/...ec_credits.html [/url]

You will see the mods which have been included to Lindas shop-

There is one called Multiple Chart Add, I guess there is the way to find the mistake...

What I am wondering too, when u try products all and add multiple products to chart then it will work.....???????????

In clear OScommerce shop system it will work wounderfull.

Hope still that anyone find the mistake here....

Cu

Markus

are you all putting someting in the qty box before you click add to cart. I reloaded my program and put someting in the qty box and it seems to work ok now, only there is still that huge add to cart at the bottom instead of some nice buy now buttons by the product itself

Mibble,

I have made some cosmetic changes to the product info page, but this problem existed BEFORE I made ANY changes to my SEC shop. I wrote to Linda McGrath back in December about this but have never heard from her. It seems a simple thing to fix, if you know where to look. I just don't where to look.

CatDadRick

Suddenly having the same problem.

I had issues with the Authorize.net Consolidate contrib, fixed it. Then with my product disappearing from the catalog (finally realized my quantity on the product was set to 0, so when I bought it would automatically switch to "Out of Stock" and the product would disappear). Now I got these two problems worked out, tested my site from login through purchase last night and everything was working. This morning I log on and the Add to Cart button doesn't work (have made ZERO changes since my test last night).

I've very seriously hoping this isn't some stupid setting in the admin control panel like my last issue!!! I was focused on code conflicts the entire time and was completely overlooking the "Out of Stock" button on the admin control panel... a whole weeks worth of work to find out it was a button... So I'm going through the admin cp now to make absolutely sure everything is set correctly there before I get into the code.

Still no luck here. I've checked everything I can think of. Again, no changes had been made to the file system between my last test and this error.

Has anyone else figured this one out???

JABevan,

Are you also using SEC? It seems the problem is with SEC only. I've not yet solved the problem, but I don't think it's with the shopping cart. My shopping cart has worked well all along. I even had a supercart installed for a while but removed it. I think the problem is in includes/boxes/categories.php (or categories1.php, categories2.php or categories3.php).

CatDadRick

No, I'm not using SEC, just a basic OSC 2.2 M2 install with STS Templates, UltraPics, and Authorize.net Consolidated. The first two modules have been installed for months and working fine. I update Authorize.net last week, tested, everything was working great. Next morning my Add to Cart button doesn't work. Also, I only have a handful of products so I haven't given access to the category levels, only the product level. So the issue I'm having is adding to the shopping cart from the individual products:

http://www.rogersnowsocks.com/product_info...683a1846f0146eb

Thanks for help, I appreciate it!

Hey guys,

I think I can present a solution next time. I am in contact with a german programmer, who did fix most of the bugs in sec.

I did got the honor to test his bug fixed shop and what shall I say... it works...

I hope that he allows me to get his bux fixes or his modded distribution..

I will then look what the mistake was...

cu

Markus

Archived