• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Batch Order Center Update 1.1

defender39

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1235

This is a great contrib that I had installed and just now found the time to clean it up and fix some things I had problems with. Should be easy to install and fairly modular.

Its an admin tool where you can export via PDF orders and you can select between dates, order status, and even update the status and notify. This is great for heavy volume sites.

Any questions or problems please post here and hopefully we can get this tool integrated into core OSC one day.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good so far (I've just installed it, haven't played around much yet). I noticed (it didn't mention it in the install.txt) that this all needs to be under the admin directory. I know that it makes sense and is halfway obvious, but it really oughtta be in the install.txt.

Anyone who installs this on MS2 has gotta be careful NOT to blindly replace some files with the ones in the contrib. For example, the application_top.php is from 2.2 MS1, not 2.2 MS2. That could cause serious problems if a MS2 shop copies this one on top, I imagine.

I got an error on admin/batch_print.php:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare verify_date() (previously declared in /home/croppi2/public_html/admin/batch_print.php:320) in /home/croppi2/public_html/admin/batch_print.php on line 339

Fixed it by commenting out the second instance of verify_date at the bottom of admin/batch_print. Not sure if that's going to cause problems or not.

-jared

jesse I have a question. Did anyone manage to get the dates fixed on this contribution?

Several people posted about this problem last year but to my knowledge it was never fixed. It just kept saying there were no orders for the date even when there were. Maybe that could be addressed in an MS2 version :)

Have you come across this problem, jared, or are you using American-style dates?

Edited by radders

David: I haven't changed a thing, that I remember, about the date format.

Chris: I have this working in MS2. For the files that already exist, like /includes/application_top.php, I just searched for the word "batch", found the applicable line(s), and then added them to my files. It wasn't that bad.

If anyone gets stuck getting it to work on an MS2 shop, let me know here and I can help. In this case, I'd rather help in the forum than via a PM, so that everyone can see.

-jared

-jared

wow, this contrib is very nice. i installed it on ms2. i just used beyond compare to compare my current ms2 files against the contribs ms1 files and copied the necessary code to my files. i also had to comment out the same thing jared did due to the same error appearing. works like a charm so far. this will save me a ton of time sending my orders to our distributor. thanks for this great contrib!

I was thinking about doing this by order number too but dont really have the time with all my projects.

As for this

jesse I have a question. Did anyone manage to get the dates fixed on this contribution?

I am not sure what DATE problem you were referring to. I believe the contrib I added works perfectly fine other than the reported MS2 verify_date() function that is doubled up. But you only have to make a note inside the install.txt to make others aware.

Glad you all like the contrib. I only added and fixed from the original which was already very good.

Got it working ;) .

It turned out it was the duplicate function definition that was causing the date problem all along!

Actually I although I tried installing the contribution using the file comparison tool it was far easier just to use the ordinary editor. I haven't tried updating the order status yet but fingers crossed it will work. All I changed in the core files was to add batch orders in filenames.php, tools.php and english.php in the usual way. If I have missed anything important please let me know :unsure:

If you want to select by order number you can just use my hack in 'Tips & Tricks'.

What we really need is a way to e-mail the customer about the change of order status ten it would really save some time processing orders!

I've now completed my testing and I'm happy to report that the change of order status works fine and is very useful. :D

Customer notification by email works too in theory apart from the fact that you cannot select which orders to apply this to. This is a shame in such a great contribution as it means that unless you have everything available to ship immediately you cannot use it (except if you wish to change orders from 'pending' to 'processing'). :( Anyone have the brains and the time to add this?

If you want to select by order number you can just use my hack in 'Tips & Tricks'.

i installed your hack and it works like it is suppose to. what i really wanted though was to be able to select the pdf orders by order number opposed to the date option which is used. we have all our orders drop shipped from our wholesalers and we just email them the order. i would like to use this contrib to email the pdf orders to our wholesalers. sometimes we have to send different orders to different wholesalers depending on the item that is bought. so i need a little help.

basically let's say that orders 100-110 need to be sent to wholesaler A and orders 111-120 need to be sent to wholesaler B. i would like to see the pdf order contrib be able to let me enter which order numbers i would like to be pdf'ed. for example, i could type in 100-110 and submit it, then email that pdf file to wholesaler A. then i could go back and enter 111-120 and run again so i could email the pdf file to wholesaler B.

so if your hack you listed in the tips and tricks forum could work for the pdf contrib, how and where would i insert the code? also, what would the code be? if your hack is not going to work for the pdf contrib, how hard would it be to come up with something that would work?

thanks in advance!

I would have thought that the complicated bit was getting to to work by date. Using order number ought to be simpler. I'll take a look at te weekend

sweet, thanks for looking into it for me. i was also thinking, would it be possible to do something like enter a multiple range of order numbers. for example, enter order numbers 100-110, 112, 114, 116-120 and have all those orders pdf'ed in one try. or something to that effect. sounds like it might be complicated to do that, but i thought i would throw the idea out there.

either way, just selecting an order number range will work me for me! thanks again!

Well I've managed to address the address problem.

If you substitute the following code for the lines that output the delivery address and do a similar thing to the lines that output the billing address you should find the address will appear in the correct format for the country concerned

$address_array=explode('<br>',tep_address_format($order->delivery['format_id'], $order->delivery, 1, '', '<br>'));
for ($address_i = 0; $address_i <=10; $address_i++ ) ?{
if ($address_array[$address_i]) $pdf->addText($indent,$pos -= GENERAL_LEADING,GENERAL_FONT_SIZE,$address_array[$address_i]);
}

Of course the billing address and the shipping address still run into each other as always with this contribution but I'm sure that could be fixed by a change in font size or by restricting the size of the address input field

Edited by radders

I got it working like you described Chris. It needs tidying up to cope with possible user input errors butn is essentially done. What would also be useful is to add the ability to print out the packing labels.

Unfortunately the pdf display commands look very different from html and it is not yet clear to me how to go about adding an extra 4 address blocks at the top of the page.

I got it working like you described Chris. It needs tidying up to cope with possible user input errors butn is essentially done. What would also be useful is to add the ability to print out the packing labels.

Unfortunately the pdf display commands look very different from html and it is not yet clear to me how to go about adding an extra 4 address blocks at the top of the page.

sweet! i can't wait to try it out. thanks again!

Hi

I'm getting this error. Has anyone found a fix yet

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare verify_date() (previously declared in /admin/batch_print.php:332) in /admin/batch_print.php on line 351

Joe

Edited by applelinks

----------------------------

Long Island, New York