• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Address Book Enhancer

hobbzilla

This is the support thread for my Address Book Enhancer Contribution.

These modifications allow you to assign specific address book entries to a default shipping and a default billing address. Along with this, it would be easier for the customer to keep track of a "nickname" for that address id (also nicer in a drop-down listing for selection purposes when checking out! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ryan,

This looks awesome. I have downloaded this addon and I am wondering how you used it to import osc data into your accounting software.

I need to develop a customer mailing address from osc data.

Will your contribution allow me to do this.

TIA

AnnieO

AnnieO,

I use a program that is offered by my accounting package called integration manager. It is a Microsoft product for their their Great Plains Business Solutions line.

This contribution does nothing with integration or data migration. Rather it is just an enhanced address book.

• 1 year later...

Ryan,

I love this contribution, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to find what you've updated to correct for the blank default addresses on checkout_shipping.php and checkout_payment.php. I'm probably missing something just oh so simple, but for the life of me I can't see it. Can you help me out?

Thanks!! :)

Edited by cjfowler

* Approach the ordinary with extraordinary intent! *

• 1 month later...
Ryan,

I love this contribution, but I'm pulling my hair out trying to find what you've updated to correct for the blank default addresses on checkout_shipping.php and checkout_payment.php. I'm probably missing something just oh so simple, but for the life of me I can't see it. Can you help me out?

Thanks!! :)

Sorry this is so late, but can you be more specific with your problem?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I love the contribution also but notice for some strange reason I am getting an array code showing on my checkout_confirmation.php page? :huh:

Just above where it says "Delivery Address" an actual array is showing:

e.g.

Array[Firstname]=>Maryke, [Lastname]=>Brevet, etc . .

DELIVERY ADDRESS

Maryke Brevet

etc . .

I'm not sure where the array is coming from, perhaps orders.php? But the actual code is displaying in the page, I've been trying to track it down but can't, it's a duplicate of the delivery address information, but with the array and fields displaying. Can anyone help me with this as I'm totally baffled! >_< Thanks in advance for any help.

Kind regards Joanna

Half your problems aren't problems at all and the other half are only half as bad as you think they are :)

• 3 weeks later...

Address Enhancer v1.1 released!

Get it here.

- New Address Book entries partially autopopulated by default values to save time

- Added Require Gender code

- Added Require DOB code

- Fixed Shipping & Payment address when changes or adds new address then goes to address_book and deletes them.

I currently don't have a demo of this setup right now. Perhaps someone will chime it that is using it. I would suggest setting up a development server for any osCommerce work you do anyway.. you can install and test out contributions such at your own pace.

first off let me say this is an awesome contribution and one of the easiest to implement so far..... atleast for me it was..

Question I have is, I am using fancier invoice, and the address book enhancer contribution .... The address book contribution allows the addition of a phone number to added addresses in the address book.... being that i have modified my invoice how do I get fancier invoice to include the secondary addresses in users address book's phone numbers within the invoice? It is important that I do so becuase I offer food delivery from my site and if the user chooses to use a secondary address and is not at there primary addresses phone number I have no way of verifying the order.. It would be essential to have inclusion of the secondary addresses phone number in the order.... What do I have to add and where???

Thanks alot hopefully someone has an answer!

thanks

indi

Without looking at the fancier invoice, I am not 100% sure but if there is an order query (like in the regular invoice), you will need to include the new table columns in that query and output them in the fancier invoice.

Without looking at the fancier invoice, I am not 100% sure but if there is an order query (like in the regular invoice), you will need to include the new table columns in that query and output them in the fancier invoice.

could you possibly walk me through that process? i have no idea where to start

thank you

indi

Unfortunately, I just lack the time to offer free support for combining other contributions. Perhaps someone who uses that contribution has installed address enhancer and has it already working and will chime in.

• 4 months later...

I love the address book enhancer.

I just noticed a bug in my install, but I can't figure it out.

-------------

checkout_shiping address works perfectly.

checkout_payment address does not update with drop down.

I followed the same process of comparing the and copying the changes in both files.

...confused why one works and one doesn't.

checkout_payment

> Drop down looks right.

> Form code looks right.

> Form processing code seems right when compared to same in checkout_shipping.

Any idea what could cause this?

Sam M. - Seattle

Any idea what could cause this?

If found it.

I had two instances of

tep_draw_form('checkout_payment',

One was above the address drop down and the second was the new one I added with this contribution.

All better.

Sam M. - Seattle

• 4 weeks later...
Address Enhancer v1.1 released!

Get it here.

- New Address Book entries partially autopopulated by default values to save time

- Added Require Gender code

- Added Require DOB code

- Fixed Shipping & Payment address when changes or adds new address then goes to address_book and deletes them.

Hi there,

First of all this is wonderful contibution. I am a newbie in php and oscommerce. I add this contribution to my store. everything is working perfect except I do not see the address2 and telephone on admin section and on the email. would you please help me on this and tell me which file should I modify and update.

I really appreciate for any help.

cheers

:)

• 5 months later...
I add this contribution to my store. everything is working perfect except I do not see the address2 and telephone on admin section and on the email. would you please help me on this and tell me which file should I modify and update.

Got same problem.. :(

Any help would be much appreciated!!

• 4 weeks later...

hello,

thank you for great contribution.

maybe someone from this contributions gurus can make step by step instalation in txt ?

someone will kill him self soon. ;)

very difficult to install this contribution for modified shops.

Thank you in advance for any replays.

Hi there,

First of all this is wonderful contibution. I am a newbie in php and oscommerce. I add this contribution to my store. everything is working perfect except I do not see the address2 and telephone on admin section and on the email. would you please help me on this and tell me which file should I modify and update.

I really appreciate for any help.

cheers

:)

same here.

why need all thees changes if you cant see any name changes in admin panel. i mean if customer changing different name into primary name on admin panel still is the same name which was used by customer thru registration procces. its problem only with me?

• 4 months later...

To answer some of the questions regarding this contribution.

With the osc 2.2 MS2 Release, there isn't much you can see about customers in the admin view anyway. You certainly can't see their address books. This contrib is mainly helpful for the shopper. It makes it easy for them to have a specific address book be the default for shipping. And another address be the default for billing.

This contrib could be modified to be used in conjunction with the create account in admin section, but that functionality will be available soon enough with osc 3.0 released. (Fax & Phone have been moved from customer table to address_book anyway in stock osc as well -- but still only one "default" address... e-mail the dev team and request this contrib be part of stock osc as it just makes sense!)

So, in short it won't make your life easier as a store owner -- but your customers might appreciate it.

Also, in regards to updating heavily modded stores for those of you new to php/oscommerce/etc: all code changes have been commented as stated in the install.txt. As a contrib installer.. you would _greatly_ benefit from a good 'diff' program. Some are free others are commercial. Even M$ has a free one! Regardless, the code is commented so all you need to do is search the files contained in the contrib and adjust the only those lines that have changed.

Edited by hobbzilla

Hi All!

The contribution [v1.1 - 06/06/2005] installed perfectly and all went very smooth.

Thank you!!

Just one problem though...

When my customers press the EDIT buttons next to thier addresses in the address book they recieve the message: "The address book entry does not exist."

How come?

If I understand this right, the actual error message comes from "catalog/address_book_process.php"

Here's the line in the contrib install package:

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['edit']) && is_numeric($HTTP_GET_VARS['edit'])) {
//rmh addr-enhancer edited next line
$entry_query = tep_db_query("select entry_id_name, entry_gender, entry_company, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_street_address2, entry_suburb, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_state, entry_zone_id, entry_country_id, entry_telephone, entry_fax from " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['edit'] . "'");

if (!tep_db_num_rows($entry_query)) {
  $messageStack->add_session('addressbook', ERROR_NONEXISTING_ADDRESS_BOOK_ENTRY);

...and here's mine:

// BOF Separate Pricing Per Customer 
 if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['edit']) && is_numeric($HTTP_GET_VARS['edit'])) {
//rmh addr-enhancer edited next line  
$entry_query = tep_db_query("select entry_id_name, entry_gender, entry_company, entry_tva_intracom, entry_company_tax_id, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_street_address2, entry_suburb, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_state, entry_zone_id, entry_country_id, entry_telephone, entry_fax from  " . TABLE_ADDRESS_BOOK . " where customers_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and address_book_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['edit'] . "'");
// EOF Separate Pricing Per Customer
if (!tep_db_num_rows($entry_query)) {
  $messageStack->add_session('addressbook', ERROR_NONEXISTING_ADDRESS_BOOK_ENTRY);

...as you can see I have SPPC and the E.U VAT Intracom contribs installed, but that should not be a problem, should it?

Here's an example link from an EDIT-button: "http://www.whatever.com/address_book_process.php/edit/96

Deleting an address works just as usual....

Any ideas anyone?

//Micke