• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

GPG Credit Card Encryption 0.94 english

Panzerguy

While I will be offering Paypal as my main payment solution I would also like the ability to accept cc's directly to process offline using my exisitng merchant account. However, I understand the security issues associated with the way the stock osc handles the collection of the cc info and the subsequent storing of this data on the server. Hence, I went looking and found what appears to be a suitable contrib.....

Can any one tell me if the GPG Credit Card Encryption 0.94 english contribution is suitable for installation on MS2?

If so, can anyone offer advice on the install of this contribution with respect to the installation of GPG. Is GPG installed on my local machine or does it reside on the same server as my osc install?

If this contrib does not work on MS2, is there a similar contrib avail? I have checked the contribs thoroughly and this is all I can find.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Pete

If so, can anyone offer advice on the install of this contribution with respect to the installation of GPG. Is GPG installed on my local machine or does it reside on the same server as my osc install?
Both. You encrypt on the server and decrypt on your local machine.

I don't know the answers to your other questions.

Hth,

Matt

Always back up before making changes.

Thanks Matt for your reply, however, I am still no closer to a solution...

I have had a look at the cPanel that is included with my hosting and there is a section that enables setting up of a GnuPG key. I have gone ahead and setup a key and it now shows a public and private key. I have the ability to edit both of these using the cPanel.

Now looking at the contribution it says

Edit the main file!

You have to change the path to gpg, the dir where your keys reside and the recipient's email address.

My question is now having setup my keys, how do I establish the path to gpg and the directory where my keys reside?

If I go to edit the keys it shows a block of garbled text as follows (I have removed some of the text from the following quote):

-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)

/Fj0X2KsJEQHfPbWGJutI+9Oq

toSYGxaavXGTuvDKR9U/K0eQy5qwA4e3HLwTAEGIfz3MsCOJSQcABA0EALM1nxbj

B4I3EDGZNqzMx7nP/O8Qb+KR/Usy6wUnJ7CwaiOcvwIQJ/u8/UhJV3/ZqCDZwcqs

vKfRgvyE/hvgjZ3XPiwXUHYSsmerCDoe2mEyUeduRgvvjmMHH9tQLLVMhaVZzgHI

EzTKstgME4WWy6DiEvh7oLkS6RZDC1M+aUKwiEwEGBECAAwFAkAnOR8FCQHhM4AA

CgkQ/nHatt/nrP/4TACeOw6euZPKxKUvFqNgn7Uds0kB8IkAn2UbCE6f+wTFkGf0

zqnKUiWSOnnT

=gyfc

-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----

Do I copy this text into a file that I then place in a specified directory and then use this path in the contib as required? I really am guessing here!.....

I have very little experience at this and am unable to find any good reference for this sort of stuff on the Internet so I am hoping that someone on these forums can help me.

Thanks in anticipation....

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

I have installed this contrib "ccgpg-0.9.4" and cannot see the "green light" to turn it on in admin area. My assumption was that it should show up in Payment Modules but I don't see it there or anywhere else. Can someone tell me where the switch shows up.

Of course my next assumption is somethings wrong with my install!

This is the snippet of code where we adjust our settings:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if ( (defined('MODULE_PAYMENT_CCGPG_ENCRYPT')) && (MODULE_PAYMENT_CCGPG_ENCRYPT == 'GPG') ) {

$message = 'Order #' . $insert_id . "\n\n" . 'Number: ' . $this->cc_complete . "\n\n";

$tmpToken = md5(uniqid(rand()));

$plainTxt = "/home/username/tmp/" . "$tmpToken" . "anca"; // Your Temp Directory

$crypted = "/home/username/tmp/" . "$tmpToken" . "anca.asc"; // Your Temp Directory

$gpghome="/home/username/.gnupg/"; //where is your pubring? That dir has to have write access.

$gpgpath="/usr/bin/gpg/"; //where is the executable

$gpgrecipient="Customer Name (emailkey) <[email protected]>"; //the key used for encryption

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have PGP 8.03 using Outlook Express and have downloaded the keys successfully into PGP. Using osCommerce 2.2-MS2