• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bundled products

OK so I said in a previous post I Love this Contribution and I do but I cannot check out anymore. When I get to the final stage "confirm order" - even if I am not purchasing a bundle - I get the following:

any suggestions?

Anybody? I went through the install to confirm no errors on my part still I get the same error

Jeff

Contributions I use: DynaMenus - Light Box - Best Sellers Content Box - Related Products 3.2 - UPS XML - Secure Admin Login - Vendor Locator - Graphical Borders.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

This is a nice and very useful mod, I use it in combination with gift idea mod to produce gift basket offers...

One important addition to this mod would be if it calculates (adds) all the individual product weights together to produce a bundled package total weight. (instead of me looking for each weight and adding manually)

As far as I could see - currently, it doesn't do it.

• 1 month later...

OMG, you are brilliant. So simple.. I wish I had come to the forum 4 hours ago :blink: :D

Bundled Products and Attributes Issue

I think I found the solution.

In my case, the problem occurred on product_info.php.

This is what would happen:

1. Purchase a product bundle, with attributes, like giftwrap

2. Go to the shopping cart

3. Notice an attribute that needed editing

4. Attempt to return to bundle on product_info.php, only to receive an SQL error message.

The error looks like it comes from the currly brackets { } next to the product ID.

This is the code that I edited (the only edit is the bold (int) before the $HTTP_GET_VARS...):

echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_BY_BUNDLE . "</td></tr>";

$bundle_query = tep_db_query(" SELECT pd.products_name, pb.*, p.products_bundle, p.products_id, p.products_price, p.products_image

FROM products p

INNER JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd

ON p.products_id=pd.products_id

INNER JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_BUNDLES . " pb

ON pb.subproduct_id=pd.products_id

WHERE pb.bundle_id = " . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . " and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not getting any SQL errors anymore on product_info.php.

I hope this helps! :)

Adam or anyone that can help here.

After hours of troubling shooting I have found what is going on with stock updates.

When I make a purchase in test (paypal sandbox), all stock items update correctly. When I run live (real transactions) only orders without a bundled item update stock, otherwise no stock updates occur.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am going crazy here because I have a couple of new bundled items with more than 20 items attached to it and multiple qualties of some items.

I called paypal and spoke with tech and they have no answers. They think it is the stock updating module.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

Did you manage to solve this problem? I'm getting some problems with stock updates but from what I can figure out, sometimes it's the bundle that's getting updated (rather than the sub products). I can't just put my finger on when or why this is happening though?

Sam

found another conflict with QPBPP (line #421--In /catalog/admin/categories.php)

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_price1, p.products_price2, p.products_price3, p.products_price4, p.products_price5, p.products_price6, p.products_price7, p.products_price8, p.products_price1_qty, p.products_price2_qty, p.products_price3_qty, p.products_price4_qty, p.products_price5_qty, p.products_price6_qty, p.products_price7_qty, p.products_price8_qty, p.products_qty_blocks, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_bundle from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

I also have solved the download problem that I posted earlier. For example lets say you have the following:

Bundle 01

>Product A

>Product B

>Product C

and Products A, B and C have downloads

If someone purchases Bundle 01, the downloads for the subproducts are automatically added to the order and they are named after the subproducts NOT the bundle.

I have also added code that shows the subproducts as attributes of the bundle so in the cart and invoice looks like:

Bundle 02

- Subproduct: 1 x Product A

- Subproduct: 2 x Product B

- Subproduct: 1 x Product C

I need to test some more, but can post if there is interest

I'm interested by your code.

Can you post it ?

Damien

Hi,

I've just tried to install this but get the following errors.

When trying to view a product i get this

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_im' in 'field list'

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_im age, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_bundle from products p, products_description pd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = '1123' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

and in admin when trying to view a product i get this

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufac' at line 3

select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') a s products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_bundle from products p, products_description pd where p.products_id = '6' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas?

Thanks

Darren

Hi,

I'm no expert on this as I've only just installed it myself but it looks like there could be a problem with the code. I'd suggest double checking the code changes you made. Alterntatively, you could search this thread for "undefined" and see if that's been mentioned before. Good luck.

thanks for the reply, ive fixed that now.

Next problem :'(

I add a item with the drop down list, it appears, i put yes in the "set bundles" field and click preview>save.

I look at the item on the shop and it doesn't show the new item and just says

This product contains the following items:

Cost of separate parts: ?0.00

You save ?-3.99

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys :D

a little javascript trouble with this contrib...

I have a "value" is NULL or is not an object...

This is the line with the error from this function: function fillCodes() {

var this_subproduct_qty = eval("document.new_product.subproduct_" + n + "_qty")

any ideas? :(

Edited by M@verick

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone figured out how to get the product attributes set for the master product to set the bundled products:

example

BUNDLED PRODUCT >128 Mp3

>320 Mp3

>WAV

all the bundled products need to have the same attribute

AND WHAT about the download feature??

this worked fine for me to install to our heavly modded site, no issues installing just need some extra features!

Jay Blaq

hello.

is it posible with bundled products to put the name of the last or last 2 categories on the invoice.?

now it shows the name of the bundle in the invoice .

i have for example a bundle that fits in a few categories.

i have categories sorted like canon - pixma - 1000 ( or 2000 or 3000 or 4000 etcetc)

so for example 4000 and 5000 has the same bundle .

is it posible then to when someone order a bundle in catregory pixma - 4000

that in the invoice it says pixma 4000 bundle instead of the bundle name ???

hello

I have 2 problems with this contrib. We sell only products in stock are. I created a bundle with

product -a and product -b the quantity of product -a is 1.

I put this bundle into the shopping cart and now i put product -a as an single product into the cart.

I can buy 2 times product -a although it only once in stock.

The second problem is, the product status dont change if the stock level 0. In our shop only products in stock are in shop are shown. I modify the checkout-process.php

// Stock Update - Joao Correia

if (STOCK_LIMITED == 'true') {

if (DOWNLOAD_ENABLED == 'true') {

$stock_query_raw = "SELECT products_quantity, products_bundle, pad.products_attributes_filename

FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p

LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa

ON p.products_id=pa.products_id

LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " pad

ON pa.products_attributes_id=pad.products_attributes_id

WHERE p.products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'";

// Will work with only one option for downloadable products

// otherwise, we have to build the query dynamically with a loop

$products_attributes = $order->products[$i]['attributes'];

if (is_array($products_attributes)) {

$stock_query_raw .= " AND pa.options_id = '" . $products_attributes[0]['option_id'] . "' AND pa.options_values_id = '" . $products_attributes[0]['value_id'] . "'";

}

$stock_query = tep_db_query($stock_query_raw);

} else {

$stock_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_bundle from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");

}

if (tep_db_num_rows($stock_query) > 0) {

$stock_values = tep_db_fetch_array($stock_query);

if ($stock_values['products_bundle'] == 'yes') {

// order item is a bundle and must be separated

$report_text .= "Bundle found in order : " . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "<br>\n";

$bundle_query = tep_db_query("select pb.subproduct_id, pb.subproduct_qty, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_bundle

from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_BUNDLES . " pb

LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p

ON p.products_id=pb.subproduct_id

where pb.bundle_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");

while ($bundle_data = tep_db_fetch_array($bundle_query)) {

if ($bundle_data['products_bundle'] == "yes") {

$report_text .= "<br>level 2 bundle found in order : " . $bundle_data['products_model'] . "<br>";

$bundle_query_nested = tep_db_query("select pb.subproduct_id, pb.subproduct_qty, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_bundle

from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_BUNDLES . " pb

LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p

ON p.products_id=pb.subproduct_id

where pb.bundle_id = '" . $bundle_data['subproduct_id'] . "'");

while ($bundle_data_nested = tep_db_fetch_array($bundle_query_nested)) {

$stock_left = $bundle_data_nested['products_quantity'] - $bundle_data_nested['subproduct_qty'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'];

$report_text .= "updating level 2 item " . $bundle_data_nested['products_model'] . " : was " . $bundle_data_nested['products_quantity'] . " and number ordered is " . ($bundle_data_nested['subproduct_qty'] * $order->products[$i]['qty']) . " <br>\n";

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_quantity = '" . $stock_left . "' where products_id = '" . $bundle_data_nested['subproduct_id'] . "'");

if ( ($stock_left < 1) && (STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT == 'false') ) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_status = '0' where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");

}

}

} else {

$stock_left = $bundle_data['products_quantity'] - $bundle_data['subproduct_qty'] * $order->products[$i]['qty'];

$report_text .= "updating level 1 item " . $bundle_data['products_model'] . " : was " . $bundle_data['products_quantity'] . " and number ordered is " . ($bundle_data['subproduct_qty'] * $order->products[$i]['qty']) . " <br>\n";

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_quantity = '" . $stock_left . "' where products_id = '" . $bundle_data['subproduct_id'] . "'");

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_status = '0' where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");

}

}

}

} else {

// order item is normal and should be treated as such

$report_text .= "Normal product found in order : " . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "\n";

// do not decrement quantities if products_attributes_filename exists

if ((DOWNLOAD_ENABLED != 'true') || (!$stock_values['products_attributes_filename'])) {

$stock_left = $stock_values['products_quantity'] - $order->products[$i]['qty'];

} else {

$stock_left = $stock_values['products_quantity'];

}

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " set products_quantity = '" . $stock_left . "' where products_id = '" . tep_get_prid($order->products[$i]['id']) . "'");

}

}

}

}

my changes are red!

But only the status of the bundle is set 0 and the products are further shown in shop.

Thanks for your help

sorry for my english i am from germany

• 2 weeks later...

1146 - Table 'walkeri_osc11.TABLE_PRODUCTS_BUNDLES' doesn't exist

SELECT pb.subproduct_id, pb.subproduct_qty, pd.products_name FROM products_description pd INNER JOIN TABLE_PRODUCTS_BUNDLES pb ON pb.subproduct_id=pd.products_id WHERE pb.bundle_id = '12' and language_id = '1'

I get this error. I uploaded the files from eoin's edited files on the contribution site.

I can created my bundles the first time, but when I go back to edit them, that error shows up.

Help please. This contribution is awesome, but only if I get this fixed.

Edited by shashi.lo

1146 - Table 'walkeri_osc11.TABLE_PRODUCTS_BUNDLES' doesn't exist

SELECT pb.subproduct_id, pb.subproduct_qty, pd.products_name FROM products_description pd INNER JOIN TABLE_PRODUCTS_BUNDLES pb ON pb.subproduct_id=pd.products_id WHERE pb.bundle_id = '12' and language_id = '1'

I get this error. I uploaded the files from eoin's edited files on the contribution site.

I can created my bundles the first time, but when I go back to edit them, that error shows up.

Help please. This contribution is awesome, but only if I get this fixed.

I fixed it! Now I can update it. I was missing my define for /catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

define('TABLE_PRODUCTS_BUNDLES', 'products_bundles');

That's what I get for going through the instructions so fast. Also, the "Edited files" by eoin doesn't have this file. Add it and the contribution works marvelous.

Edited by shashi.lo

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

if i create a new bundle i can set the quantity.

But in the shopping cart the quantity is not taken into consideration :'(

What can i do that in shopping cart will show the correct quantity from the bundle ?

i hope someone has a idea ?

thank you

best greeting

• 2 weeks later...

Newbie and still real green when it comes to using PHP or SQL. I am attempting to install this Bundled Products mod from the "Edited Files" and "Missing file for eoin's EDITED FILES" uploads. Issue is that I am not seeing the Bundle Field in the Admin and cannot set product as a bundle.

Digging back through previous Bundled Product contributions I found instruction in a text file that was not in the Bundle... uh, bundle. (and probably needs to be)... anyway, Step #1 in those instructions apparently adds something to the database. Unfortunatly they do not agree on what to add and I'm too green to tell if the difference is important.

Which of the below is more correct?

STEP 1 : add an extra field "products_bundle" in "products" table.

--using phpMyAdmin or any other mysql query interface:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_bundle` TINYTEXT NOT NULL

or
STEP 1 : add an extra field "products_bundle" in "products" table. Use phpMyAdmin if you have it!

ALTER TABLE `yourdatabasenamehere`.`products` ADD `products_bundle` TINYTEXT NOT NULL

Sorry for the 'Dummy' question, and I guess it boils down to if I will be needing the "yourdatabasenamehere" portion of the line (obviously with my database name substituted). The database is very new to me and I'm too timid to experiment lest I do something I do not know how to undo.

Thanks all,

Sterling (a.k.a. DailyLunatic)

Useful Threads: Basics for Design.

Useful URL's: Knowledge Base, SQL Tutorial,

My Setup: Master Products v1.2, Need help installing Bundled Products v1.4.

The second you need something more like this if you dont know how to manually create the table:

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_bundle` tinytext NOT NULL AFTER `manufacturers_id` ;

If you are going to get into OSC and adding/creating mods, I would suggest you make yourself familiar with phpMyAdmin, it is a major part of OSC if this is your chosen program for mySQL.

Trying to understand why, what at first glance appears like the same line of code, are all so different.

Also, I'd like to take your advice re: learning about phpMyAdmin. Any suggestions?

I'm hoping to be running a biz soon and with any luck will not be able to invest major portions of my time or brain. (especially brain...)

Still having problems. Have re-installed twice now. Ran the line "ALTER TABLE `products` ADD `products_bundle` TINYTEXT NOT NULL" Still having same issue.

When attempting to add new product I am not showing any option to create Bundle in Admin.

I assume from the forum that there is supposed to be a check box or something that I check? Not gettn' it. Screen looks the same as before.

Help, Help... What would cause this issue?

This is my first attempt at combining mods. Anyone aware of issues combining Master Products and Bundled Products?

Whoa... I think I see what the problem is... ME!

Being new to mods I made a mistake interpreting what 'Beyond Compare' was telling me. I mis-interpreted a grey'd out sub-dir as one that did not contain anything requiring modification. Opened one of the grey sub-dirs and found several files needing attention.

Guess I'll be tied up a bit longer.

Sorry for Crying Wolf...

Is there a thread on basic mod installation? I've looking and cannot locate anything.

Thanx,

Can someone help me with this. The contribution as it is right now shows just the bundle product in the shopping cart and invoice. I want the individual items to show up instead of the bundle it self. PLEASE HELP!

Help. I cannot get this mod to work. I have given many hours of work, but it is apprently beyond me. I cannot get bundled items to show or I do not know how they are to be entered.

Let me know what you need and I will post here. As a starting point I am posting a print screen of the Admin page. Let me know if this is what it is supposed to look like.

I am trying to get this mod to work with Master Products. I need the bundle product to be the slave of a master product. If this will work, it will allow me to have separate inventory for transfers and t-shirts in multiple sizes then match them up after sale.

bundlehelp.jpg

Help. What could be causing this issue?

Help. I cannot get this mod to work. I have given many hours of work, but it is apprently beyond me. I cannot get bundled items to show or I do not know how they are to be entered.

Still cannot get a bundle to work.

I assume that selecting from the drop down and updating is the correct meathod of 'setting bundles'. Is this correct? If so, nothing is showing.

1] Does anyone know if Master Products and Bundled Products can work together?

2] Does anyone have both Master Products and Bundled Products working on their setup?

3] Can I sneek a peek to see what I am doing wrong?

I'm begging, please, somebody toss me a bone here. :'(

Need HELP!!!