• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

receiving email with osC

I was thinking about created a controbution for emails being able to be read with in osC. I am going to be selling email accounts and was wanting to make where they can logn into there account read there emails insead of having to use outlook or login via webmail.

why reinvent the wheel? you would still hve to build the interface out to mail, and would not be very easy to do. be easier to find a host who already has a decent package built for email.

Even if you want to implement it yourself (for example, if you are maintaining your own server or you are a host), I would use squirrelmail or something like that (there might be a PHP equivalent) to do the webmail. Then if you wanted to make the glue into a contribution, that would be cool. The new login/session classes might be useful here, so you might want to build it off an MS3 snapshot.

Hth,

Matt

Always back up before making changes.