• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Download Controller with Discount/Gift Voucher

indian_druid

Hi linda,

I have just joined this forum.

I have installed Download_Controlle v5.3 MS2.2 and Credit Class/Gift Voucher (ccgb-510b) and everything is working fine except for a small problem.

Suppose I have 50$ as gift voucher amount balance and I purchase a downloadable product of 20$. Now if I use my Gift Voucher amount.

to make the purchase then the download link doesnt appear at the end ... Instead the download message appears (downloads will not happen unless payments are confirmed ). Now in this case since the customer is using his gift voucher amount to pay for that product it should allow him to download instantly.

Note : If the customer has 10$ as gift voucher amount balance and if he is purchasing a downloadable product of 20$ and using his Gift Voucher for partial payment then the download link appears.

I am sorry if this question has been asked previously. Also i felt I would ask Linda who has written Downloads Controller module rather than Strider (who is answering the Gift Voucher problems) cause this might be something to do with downloads controller module.

Apart from this small problem this is a great module written.....

Anybody else is welcome to reply...

:)

Intelligent people always make others think :)

Hi Druid

Mind if I step in slightly off topic?

Did you see this forum?

Downloads Controller

Im trying to set up a means where customers can pre pay on account an amount of thier choice and then download from that - do you think these two contributions will enable that function?

Im why they put the !ACK! in hack

Hi Druid

Mind if I step in slightly off topic?

Did you see this forum?

Downloads Controller

Im trying to set up a means where customers can pre pay on account an amount of thier choice and then download from that - do you think these two contributions will enable that function?

hi kerry,

Can u elaborate a bit more on the exact functionality which you need.

From what u have asked I can conclude that Linda's Download Controller will meet ur requirements. You will need the other contribution (Discount Coupon and Gift Voucher (ccgv-510b)) only if u want to give discount coupon and gift vouchers on your site)

Yes I think your right, I have re-installed an oscommerce installation with the gift voucher module and got it working zippy today.

Im in the process of installing the downloads controller now.

Im creating a site to sell stock photography images - and want a means to sell "Download Credits" - so customers can have an account ballance to draw on for downloads, instead of making credit card or paypal purchases for small amounts.

the process is working nicely so far. site mail me if you want to see it in action

After looking at this I am thinking that we might be able to get these two contributions working together somewhere around order_process.php

Im musing here but perhaps something could be written so that at checkout when the credit voucher box is clicked > a check is made to see if the balance is = 0 and if it is, the order status is changed to updated.

If you look around line 61 of catalog/checkout_process.php in the webmakers array changes for downloads controller the order status is picked up.

I see the process happening like this:

click checkout> go to

checkout shipping and it checks the product is virtual so no cod is allowed in payment and if we have voucher account balances it allows the tick box, and brings us to:

checkout_payment.php

we can tick vouchers now it is here where it goes to checkout confirmation where I think we have to hack to have downloads controller read the credit vouchers as an updated order status. then when the order is confirmed the link should appear because paymet status is updated.

does this sound like the right direction?

• 1 month later...