• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ask a Product Question

nyckeln

Hi,

I'm not able to send out the email I get this error on the page

Fout ERROR_TO_NAME

I don't understand why, I saw others had a similar problem, however the fix for this is not posted, can you help me out?

Oh, and I found a error in the ask_a_question.php. In the file the image source is button_ask_a_question.gif, but this has be ask_a_question.gif.

:blink: Figured it out after 2 hours of searching

Denice

Tony,

You have the:

<?php // ################ begin added ask a question ############ ?>
<tr>
<td width = "150" align="center" class="smallText">
<?php echo '<br><br> <a href="ask_a_question.php?products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'] . '">' . tep_image_button('button_ask_a_question.gif', TEXT_QUESTION) . '<br>Ask a question about<br>' . $product_info['products_name'] . '</a>'; ?>
</td>
</tr> 
<?php // ################ end added ask a question ############ ?>//--></script>

stuck within an "if" statement.

Try this:

Hi Marg

I am sorry, I thought I had already replied to the massage. The solution is working fine, just that the position does not look too good. Have tried other variations but it seems thats the only position it can work in.

Thanks for the assistance

Hi, I installed this contribution with no problem. Just one quick question though -

Is it possible to add some simple javascript like

echo "<script>alert(\"You have successfully sent your question to us.\")</script>";

to pop up after the customer being redirected back to the product_info page?

The current version shows the same thing at the very top of the screen of which customers may miss. A simple popup will be very helpful. I have tried to put the above script near

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']));

but to no avail.

Thank you very much in advance for any help!

Ken

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I am having some issues with Ask A Product Question Contrib with Creloaded. I am very new at the oscommerce game. I think this is the most important contrib that I have to add.

Everytime I select ask a product question it goes to a blank page. I think it is using the BTS template system.

If anyone can help with this that would be grat or PM me.

www.siservices.com

I have been having problems with all of my redirect too. Since the osc update package which changes redirects in catalog/redirects.php

I had to remodify the case: 'url' to below.

You can try this ... don't know if it will help.

In catalog/redirect.php try this:

case 'url':

// disabled lines below for Spam Issue patch

//if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto'])) {

//tep_redirect('http://' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']);

//}

// Patch for redirect Spam Issue Start Here

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto'])) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select products_url from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_url = '" . tep_db_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']) . "' limit 1");

if (tep_db_num_rows($check_query)) {

$product = $check_query; // added line

// tep_redirect('http://' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']);

tep_redirect($product['products_url'] . $HTTP_GET_VARS['goto']); // modified line

}

}

break;

Oh I forgot ... here is my ask a question code in my products_info.php .. so you can compare.

<?php

if (tep_not_null($product_info['products_url'])) {

?>

<tr>

<td class="main"> <?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . '/icons/icon_info.gif', IMAGE_ICON_INFORMATION); ?> <?php echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=url&goto=' . urlencode($product_info['products_url']), 'NONSSL', true, false)); ?>

<?php echo TEXT_QUESTION; ?><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ASK_QUESTION, 'products_id=' . $product_info['products_id'], 'NONSSL'), '">' . '<font color="0000FF">' . STORE_NAME . '</a></font>'; ?>  regarding this      product  <font color="0000FF"><b><?php echo $product_info['products_model']; ?></b></font>.

</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

} else {

}

?>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

• 1 year later...

When ask a question is submitted it shows the green line in the header only every other time. I've tried it over a hundred times and it is literally every other time, even if it is a different product. The email goes thru with the question even if the green bar at the top does not appear. I think it has something to do with the session? Is there a way to disable the session or auto restart it after the question is asked for the Ask a question?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First of all - thanks for this great contrib!

I have seen that some of you wrote something about a "green line" confirming that the question have been sent. I have nothing like that in my shop. I use "ask_a_question_final_1". Should that "green line"-function work or is it just not included there? If its not included - is there a way to make something like a confirmation page?

Best regards,

Alexej

• 2 months later...
Can someone please explain how to make Ask_A_Question work in OSC vers 2.2 without logging in?

I'm using AAQ as a tab in Product Tabs 2.2.

Thanks very much!

in my store i had to change Allow Guest To Tell A Friend to yes. you find it under admin -> my store.

in my store i had to change Allow Guest To Tell A Friend to yes. you find it under admin -> my store.

The only problem with that is it opens a door for someone to use your site as a tool for unwanted emails, or even to send malicious content. It's probably unlikely that it would ever happen, but it could cause a lot of complaints about you if it ever did, which would suck considering you didn't do anything yourself. I like the idea behind the contribution, but you shouldn't have to set yourself up in order to use it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I get too many complaints from people saying that the product inquiry form keeps rejecting their valid email addresses by saying that they were "invalid". Why is this happening and how can I fix the problem?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
i get the same error

any fix yet?

i figured out why it wasn't working. You have to make sure your Owner Name in the admin->configuration is set.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have a lot of people emailing me saying that the product inquiry form keeps rejecting their valid email addresses by saying that they were "invalid". Why is this happening and how can I fix the issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
Can someone please explain how to make Ask_A_Question work in OSC vers 2.2 without logging in?

I'm using AAQ as a tab in Product Tabs 2.2.

Thanks very much!

Look for this code around line 13 to 16 in catalog/ask_a_question.php

require('includes/application_top.php');

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && (ALLOW_GUEST_TO_TELL_A_FRIEND == 'true')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

Change it to:

require('includes/application_top.php');

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id') && (ALLOW_GUEST_TO_TELL_A_FRIEND == 'true')) {

$navigation->set_snapshot();

//tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

This worked for my OSC vers 2.2

• 7 months later...

I have a situation here, and is that: the email from the sender isn't parsing at the script, all messages i receive have a "FROM" field from the store owner - myself. Actually i have to set debug=On at the smtp.log to can access the email address from the person who sent it. Anyone else? Thank you for your help,

Karfax

• 8 months later...

As NimaP had said, I also had the error message regarding name field. As in Nimap's exerpience, my solution was to go to admin, administration My Store and Enter a name into the Store Owner Field. This can even be the store name if you desire.