• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate Problem

Hi there,

Can someone help me please? I just installed Easy Populate and I get this error when I try and go into it via admin panel:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `','' or `';'' in /home/u5/saadahmed/html/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php on line 659

I installed EP about three times but this error is always there. Has anyone ever had this problem? I have about 1,000 products to upload. =))

Thanks!!

Saad

Hi Mibble,

Yea, I added the lines, but I'm still getting the same problem. Here is what the instruction says:

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. For adding link to the Admin, edit file admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php by adding this line:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>'.

After:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '"

class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES .

'</a><br>' .

---------------------------------------------------------------

I did exactly that and it doesn't work. You can see the error yourself if you click here:

http://www.easylinuxcds.com/catalog/admin/easypopulate.php

Any suggestions? And yes, I'm using the lastest version of OSC. =))

Saad

I had the same problem, I believe it to be an error in the original downloaded code, because I dont remember messing with this file. At any rate, here is the fix.

Open easypopulate.php and go to line 659, it reads

echo FILENAME ': ' . $localfile . "<br>";

but it should read

echo FILENAME . ': ' . $localfile . "<br>";

Just add a space then . after "echo FILENAME" and it seems to clear that problem up. I am now having another problem for which I am searching for an answer to, when I try to upload a file I get these errors.

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/lincgear/public_html/catalog/temp/EP2004Feb14-2008.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lincgear/public_html/oscom/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpL4TMyZ' to '/home/lincgear/public_html/catalog/temp/EP2004Feb14-2008.txt' in /home/lincgear/public_html/oscom/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Termporary filename: /tmp/phpL4TMyZ

User filename: EP2004Feb14-2008.txt

Size: 80015

Warning: file(/home/lincgear/public_html/catalog/temp/EP2004Feb14-2008.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/lincgear/public_html/oscom/admin/easypopulate.php on line 644

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/lincgear/public_html/oscom/admin/easypopulate.php on line 667

If anyone knows of a cure I would appreciate it very much. Thanks.

I have debuged so many bugs that I am not sure about that one, but I think my temp directory was either in the wrong place or did not have the permissions set correctly. Sorry, I should have posted the fix right when I found it.

• 1 year later...

I installed Easy Populate 2.76-MS2 - Default Language : English(1) and get below error when running it.

Warning: main(easypopulate_functions.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\easypopulate.php on line 169

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'easypopulate_functions.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\xampp\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\easypopulate.php on line 169

when i try to upload a sample db , i get below

Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_get_uploaded_file() in C:\xampp\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\easypopulate.php on line 654

pls help

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting the same error as Houstod above. Quoting it here . . .

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/bridal9/public_html/tempdev/catalog/temp/EP2005Aug05-1705.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bridal9/public_html/tempdev/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/php7wRyKl' to '/home/bridal9/public_html/tempdev/catalog/temp/EP2005Aug05-1705.txt' in /home/bridal9/public_html/tempdev/admin/easypopulate_functions.php on line 32

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/php7wRyKl

User filename: EP2005Aug05-1705.txt

Size: 572143

Warning: file(/home/bridal9/public_html/tempdev/catalog/temp/EP2005Aug05-1705.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bridal9/public_html/tempdev/admin/easypopulate.php on line 665

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/bridal9/public_html/tempdev/admin/easypopulate.php on line 688

On another forum they suggested an error in the configure.php files which I fixed, but still getting the error.

Any help is greatly appreciated

as this is the path:

/home/bridal9/public_html/tempdev/catalog/temp

your temp file listing needs to be:

/tempdev/catalog/temp/

and needs 777 permissions

I have easy populate installed on the site by the original creator. It wasn't working, so I removed the easy populate files and then uploaded the new verison. I changed no files for easy populate and checked the link from admin and it is correct per the instructions. I still am unable to download a file so that I will know how to arrange a new file for update. I need to know what order the columns need to be in. Any other help would also be nice.

I also tried the csv import for OSC module, which is a very simple isntall, but I get the following error when I try to use it:

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

If anyone can tell me where to get help for this module, or how to fix this error I would be very appreciative.

Sincerely,

Stephen Smith