• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HSBC secure-epayment module

TestHash.e is normally run from the cgi-bin, so I'm not sure that the exec function referred to is the php_exec function. I think it's a C++ file.

There is also another set of files provided by HSBC which runs everything from java (or javascript - can't remember which). HSBC do warn however that this method is slower.

Vger

Edited by Vger

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephen,

exec() is a PHP function that enables you to run code on the server eg. testhash.e, without the use of this function there's not much you can do.

The alternative is to use the other HSBC contribution HSBC payment module, but you will need to have mhash() and mcrypt(), you can check if these functions are available by looking at phpinfo().

Be warned though, the second module has had no changes made since it's release and it does not work as well as the one coded by Jose.

Regards

Neil Westlake

DJBox.co.uk

Thanks Ribs,

However, I forgot to mention that I'm not actually using the oscommerce mod but a shopping cart which I designed myself. Unfortunately I've done it with PHP and as many of you already know HSBC won't offer any support for PHP even although it's one of the most popular languages on the Internet.

I'm looking into the possibility of posting the info to a free hosting account where I can run the exec command and then post it back to the shopping cart page. Would this be a sensible move or does it defeat the purpose of creating the orderhash?

Also, if you know of any free hosting deals where I would be able to run this command please let me know. :)

Regards

Stephen Weir

Edited by Weirfire

OK, I've checked the phpinfo and we have mcrypt but no mhash.

Is it something that I should be asking my web hosts if they could install it or is it something I could do myself? I'm not very up with all the hosting configurements so please bare with me.

Regards

Stephen Weir

Why this search for 'free hosting deals'? You're paying out quite a bit for using the HSBC system. It would make sense simply to have access to one web hosting service that includes all of the features you need.

Trying to run certain functions from one domain, other functions from another domain is a recipe for disaster. HSBC integration is work enough without making more for yourself.

Vger

Why this search for 'free hosting deals'?  You're paying out quite a bit for using the HSBC system.  It would make sense simply to have access to one web hosting service that includes all of the features you need.

Trying to run certain functions from one domain, other functions from another domain is a recipe for disaster.  HSBC integration is work enough without making more for yourself.

Vger

Indeed it is!

The main problem is, that I've installed a SSL certificate on the hosting I'm using now. I would have to buy another SSL certificate for the new hosting when I could do a simple post to do the function. I agree it is a recipe for disaster though and once my clients website starts getting a lot more traffic then we will have to upgrade to another hosting service anyway.

I have had a reply back from my hosts indicating that the installment of mhash shouldn't be too much of a problem. I will hear back later today.

Thanks for your help

Stephen Weir

I have read this thread top to bottom and have seen a similar problem to mine but no solution.

I have installed the version of the contrib from the Spanish site.

Server is NOT safe mode, exec is not intalled, but mcrypt and mhash are.

I have put the HSBC library files in a directory off cgi-bin called HSBC. I have also tried putting them directly in cgi-bin.

I am sure the path is set correctly but cannot confirm this as FTP to my site seems to have gone down (life sucks!).

I am running on a shared secure server and it appears to pick up the address correctly.

Anything I have missed?

Anyway, when I check out I get the

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/sites/gardentools4u.co.uk/public_html/shop/hsbc_return.php on line 35

problem.

It gets worse.

When I login again my shopping cart is empty and I get an email confirming my order, i.e. it thinks the order has completed.

<RANT>

This site was supposed to be live at the beginning of this month but HSBC took 6 weeks to get themselves organised. And now the delay is all my fault!!. I told my client to go with Paypal but they insisted that it was more professional to go with HSBC. BS!! For what they are paying and the amount of time involved I could have done better working for Nike in a South American sweatshop.

</RANT>

Can anyone offer any suggestions PLEASE???

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

To understand Recursion, first one must understand Recursion.

I would have to buy another SSL certificate for the new hosting

That's not necessarily so. If the server is of the same type then you can change hosts. For instance if the server you currently use has a Linux based operating system then the certificate will be of the Apache + Mod SSL type, and you could re-use that certificate on another Linux based server.

Also check with the issuer of the certificate. Many of them now do Free Reissuance of certs, but it depends upon the company as to whether a reissuance to a different type of certificate is covered e.g. Windows to Linux.

Vger

Well.... after almost 4 months HSBC is finally working on my site www.thepresentshop.co.uk

It's been a hard slog but we've finally made it.

It's been installed without using any of the files that HSBC gave me. I used the 2nd MOD for oscommerce to generate the hash. I used my own shopping cart written in PHP. The server runs off Linux and I installed an SSL certificate on the server for ?10. The server also has the exec command disabled.

I'm telling you all this so that if anyone has the same specifications then you will know that it is possible to get this system working.

Thank you everyone that helped me get this far. Couldn't have done it wthout you.

Regards

Stephen Weir

Well.... after almost 4 months HSBC is finally working on my site www.thepresentshop.co.uk

It's been a hard slog but we've finally made it.

Well done, Stephen. 4 months sounds a bit scary! I was hoping to get it done this afternoon.

It's been installed without using any of the files that HSBC gave me. I used the 2nd MOD for oscommerce to generate the hash.

That's the way I am having to go, since my host will not allow executables. Did it work pretty much as is or did you have to modify it?

I installed an SSL certificate on the server for ?10.

Wow! Where did you get a cert for ?10, or is that a trade secret?

Cheers

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

To understand Recursion, first one must understand Recursion.

You can get a Chained SSL cert for $10-12, but if you have more than two to three people at a time in the https part of your site then any additional people will get either errors or wait for ever for the page to load.

There are also some special 'time limited offers' but you have to look at what the price goes up to in the following year.

The best priced full ssl cert is GeoTrust Quick SSL, at just $49 a year from ev1servers.net.

Vger

First of all I got the SSL certificate from www.bright-byte.com I had tried to get 1 from www.freessl.com as they do deals where you can use a certificate for free or really cheap.

Once things start moving with a lot more visitors to my site I will review whether to upgrade hosting, SSL certificates etc.

When using the second MOD to generate the hash make sure all the parameters you are passing are in " quotes and not ' quotes. That's the only problem I had with it. There were a few other small things that made it not work right but I got them ammended in the end. I found the technical support from HSBC absolutely apauling. I was offered the wrong advice on numerous occasions and didn't get replies for 4 or 5 days. That is what really made the implementation take so long.

I think you're right about the certificate vger. I think it's $35 next year. This 1 will do for the first year though. :)

Regards

Stephen Weir

I would agree with you that our previous experience of tech support from HSBC was pretty appalling, but recently when we requested assistance from them, after a working installation suddenly stopped working, they dug out the error logs and got back to us within the hour. This anabled us to identify the problem and get it fixed.

Vger

Hi

Is there an alternative source where I can download Jos?'s HSBC module?

I've tried unsuccessfully to access his site over the last couple of days.

Thanks for any help.

Gordon

There is no problem with the 3rd version of the HSBC module by Jose Leon, available by download from his site at:

http://oscommerce.qadram.com/modules.php?n...wdownload&cid=4

Vger

Hi

Thanks for any help.

Gordon

Wish I could help you but I've only downloaded the first 2 modules. Let me know if either of those would be any help.

Regards

Stephen Weir

Weirfire Web Designers

Hi, I just checked Jose's site and had no problem accessing it. This link takes you to the page with the HSBC module on it:

Vger

Hi

Thanks for any help.

Gordon

Hi Guys,

Hope you don't mind if I join in the thread here.

I've put together a site for a guy who's now wanting to use HSBC for payments. Looking back over what's been said here it looks to be one big headache.

One thing I thought about was seeing if Jose could "do me a deal" to install it for me, as when it comes to this side of things I'm just a tad out of my depth, to be honest. I sent him a PM a few days ago, but haven't heard back - I live in hope, though.

What do you guys recommend as the best way of doing things? I'm running on a shared Webfusion server, which can suppply free use of a secure server if needs be (but only to run cgi scripts).

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Hi, You'll need to have an ssl cert to run the HSBC module - doesn't work on an http address.

Vger

Hi Guys,

Hope you don't mind if I join in the thread here.

I've put together a site for a guy who's now wanting to use HSBC for payments. Looking back over what's been said here it looks to be one big headache.

One thing I thought about was seeing if Jose could "do me a deal" to install it for me, as when it comes to this side of things I'm just a tad out of my depth, to be honest. I sent him a PM a few days ago, but haven't heard back - I live in hope, though.

What do you guys recommend as the best way of doing things? I'm running on a shared Webfusion server, which can suppply free use of a secure server if needs be (but only to run cgi scripts).

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

Hi,  I just checked Jose's site and had no problem accessing it.  This link takes you to the page with the HSBC module on it:

Vger

Hi Vger

Thanks for checking, but for whatever reason I still can't connect to Jose's site on this link. And just in case it's been a compatibility problem, I've tried with different machines (Mac and PC) and various different browsers - but still no luck, so I'll just keep trying.

Stephen:

Thanks for the offer, I've already downloaded the two modules from the osC contribs site, but based on all the advice that's accumulated in previous posts, Jose's seems to be the one to go for.

Regards

Gordon

Thanks for checking, but for whatever reason I still can't connect to Jose's site on this link.

What can I say - just clicked on the link quoted in your reply and went straight to the site. Maybe, for some reason, the IP address of your ISP has been blocked by Jose's website.

Vger

What can I say - just clicked on the link quoted in your reply and went straight to the site.  Maybe, for some reason, the IP address of your ISP has been blocked by Jose's website.

Vger

Thanks for that suggestion Vger, I think you must have been right.

I've just got a friend of mine (with a different ISP) to connect to Jose's site, download the files and email them to me. My ISP is BT (in the UK) so if anyone else experiences the same problem in being unable to access Jose's site, you'll now know what to try.

Regards

Gordon

Yes, recently someone I know had a blog site of theirs being spammed by someone with a BT broadband IP address and they had to block it to keep the spammer out - so that's what made me think of IP blocking.

Vger

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

I installed this and had it working fine in test mode.

I got hsbc to move it from test to process and now get an "invalid input data" error after clicking checkout confirmation.

I guess it reaches hsbc and comes back to hsbc_return and displays the error, any ideas what may be causing this? (considering it worked perfectly in test mode)

I have chnaged it in the admin from test to production

Thanks

F5

Hello

I installed this and had it working fine in test mode.

I got hsbc to move it from test to process and now get an "invalid input data" error after clicking checkout confirmation.

I guess it reaches hsbc and comes back to hsbc_return and displays the error, any ideas what may be causing this? (considering it worked perfectly in test mode)

I have chnaged it in the admin from test to production

Thanks

F5

Have you changed the production mode from T to P and are you creating the hash with the new mode as well?