• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HSBC secure-epayment module

Richard

I have added user tracking now as well so hopefully I'll be able to see where any hang ups occur. BTW, did you find a modification to user tracking to record the browser that the customer is using? That's probably one of the important things to figure out where HSBC has problems.

Cheers

Tim

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tim,

Came accross this it's not an OSC contrib but it might doo what you want, seeing that you installed the IP tracker.

Power Log lets you know who, what, where, when, any why people are visiting your website. Using a very fast MySQL db for its data, speed is no problem. Power Log can be used in almost any page, including an HTML page.

Power Log helps you know how to create your website. For instance, take javascript. If all your advertisements are pop-up windows, and the majority of your visitors have javascript disabled, your advertisements will not be displayed that often, slashing your website's income.

Power Log is similar to a script you would pay for. It has great support. Find a bug? Use the form in the administration panel and we will fix this ASAP. Installation problems? Simply e-mail us and we will reply within 24 hours.

Installation takes only minutes. Just upload the files to your web server and run the included install script. Voila! Your ready to begin logging your visitor's information.

Collects the following from your visitors:

Browser version and type OS version and type

Daily Hits Weekly Hits

Monthly Hits Yearly Hits

Screen Size Screen Resolution

Javascript Enabled? Referrers

Power Log

Or possibly this one, PHP Stat

Hope this is of use.

Andy

Literally, Laterally Thinking! If you cannot get through it, go round it.

I'm not trying to sound like I'm touting for business here, but merely offering a service.

For those with little or no programming skills attempting to install the HSBC payment module, I would like offer you my services and take the hassle away from you.

I can install the module from scratch for ?90 + Vat, with a turnaround of around a day and a no complete no fee basis. (Pay on completion)

If your interested I have two different criteria?s your ISP must satisfy.

Criteria 1:

The server must have PHP Safe Mode Off

The server must not have the 'exec' function excluded

You must have either a shared or your own secure server space.

Criteria 2:

The server must have mcrypt installed

The server must have mhash installed

You must have either a shared or your own secure server space.

You can find all the above in PHP Info (OSC Admin / Tools / Server Info).

If your server is not running PHP in safe mode, search for 'disable_functions' to see if they have disabled the 'exec' function, if they have then it will need to meet criteria 2.

I'm offering my services as an alternative to doing it yourself, it is possible after all, and if you read back in this forum you can see I posted all my findings here. But if all this seems too daunting or you need the payment module installed quickly then maybe I can help

Look forward to hearing from you.

Neil Westlake

www.djbox.co.uk

has anything changed with HSBC??

i'm getting the following error message after checkout_confirmation

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /xxxxxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/hsbc_return.php on line 36

Thanks

Simon.

Is anyone else having problems with HSBC today. I've had three orders taken in HSBC but the data hasn't come up in my orders table.

I'm investigating cos my host just changed me over to a different server and this might have messed things up.

Anyone know offhand what might get messed up by changing server?

Thanks

Tim

According to HSBC, they have changed something recently...

something to do with the MurchantID changed to the StorefrontID on the return post

Sorry I can't help much further :blink:

Hi meds

Is this causing orders not to be processed correctly for anyine else? Like I say, my hosts have messed me abot lately and I'm not sure if it's something they've done or something HSBC have done that is causing the problem.

Cheers

Tim

Is anyone else having problems with HSBC today. I've had three orders taken in HSBC but the data hasn't come up in my orders table.

I'm investigating cos my host just changed me over to a different server and this might have messed things up.

Anyone know offhand what might get messed up by changing server?

Thanks

Tim

** Please can anyone using this HSBC payment module check to see if it still working as HSBC have recently changed something on the return post!! **

I get the orders showing in OSC admin but not in HSBC epayments.

The customer gets this error after the checkout_confirmation page and does not get redirected to hsbc

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /<path to webspace>/hsbc_return.php on line 35

I haven't changed anything?!?

refers to the line

$hash=$hsbc->getHash($post_2);

Anyone have any ideas - i'm losing orders because of this!

Cheers

Simon.

Hi guys,

All I can add at present is that I took two orders today, one at 9am and one at 9pm and they both went through ok, with HSBC and OScommerce.

I did get one order phoned through to the shop but apparently this was just because the customer wanted to check stock, not because of any problems with the site.

I cannot see any other instances of failed orders on the User Tracking (although it is sometimes difficult to tell what people are up to with this tool - it looks like one customer made an account, checked her shopping cart which was empty!! and then tried to check out!??! Very strange behaviour :unsure: )

It has been a quiet day, lots of people looking but nobody buying!!! (The same in store unfortunately :( )

I will keep checking and let you know of any more feedback as and when I get it.

Sorry I cant be of more help just now,

Richard.

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow......

Hi guys,

Can anybody tells me some web hosting companies that support hsbc?

I just can't make it work. I'm runing the testhash.e on the server and nothing comes up. No response from the server. I have tested it on 3 different host and same thing. :(

Thank you.

Simon

Mine's still broken too. On a live shop as well. Aaaargh!! Tearing my hair out trying to get i working. Neil Westlake has been giving me a hand as well but no luck yet. If I find the problem I'll let you know.

BTW who is your hosting provider? If it's europahosting like mine then that would be suspicious.

Fishu

hosts mentioned previously in this thread are:

Europahosting.co.uk (though I would recommend against them)

Web fusion.co.uk

United hosting

www.swiftinter.net

Cheers

Tim

Thanks Tim - hope you guys can get it sorted without too much headache...

If their's anything I can do - please let me know :)

i'm hosting with www.racksense.com as I know some people there.

Cheers

Simon.

I'm planning on rewriting the getHash function for use with the Java class - but not for a couple of weeks - I'm waiting for the Java class from my client. I'll post it when I get it done.

-mike

Hi Mike

Did you get this done?

If so, could you post it please :D

Cheers

Si

• 3 weeks later...

:D Hi Guys

After 2 days of hair pulling I have got this contribution to work, wow it was worth it.

There is a typo in the howto_hsbc_I.txt document

$ export LB_LIBRARY_PATH=[path where you have placed both files]

it should be

$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=[path where you have placed both files]

Keep upi the good work.

Regards

Raj Bangar

SimplySpice Ltd - www.simplyspice.co.uk

Hi Guys

I am using this contribution, I have one problem. Can anyone help, please.

The payment works fine in test mode but when I put it into production mode the hsbc page does not open, all I get back is 'The transaction failed because of invalid input data.'

I have tested the TestHash.e on the server and that works fine.

Regards

Raj

Raj,

Have you contacted HSBC, they need to know when your site is live so they can take it out of test mode at there end.

It normally takes about 24 hours for this to happen.

Regards

Neil Westlake

www.djbox.co.uk

Raj,

Have you contacted HSBC, they need to know when your site is live so they can take it out of test mode at there end.

It normally takes about 24 hours for this to happen.

Regards

Neil Westlake

www.djbox.co.uk

Hi Neil

Thanks, that was the problem.

I have just spoke to HSBC about making my site live. They have told me that the return page is trying to connect to a ssl v2 certificate page. (I don't really understand what they mean). Can you advise how I can resolve this, please.

I have checked the certificate on the site and it is v3.

Regards

Raj

Although I think I'm an OK Web publisher, and can install scripts, the HSBC ePayments CPI has confounded me, mainly due to the lack of BASIC information... their documentation contains NO mention of the "library files" they supply.

I would be most grateful, as I am sure would be your average Web publisher, if someone can provide some basic information, on HSBC ePayments, based on these questions:

• 1. The HSBC supplied C files, such as libCcCpiTools.so are what exactly? I've manage to find out that they are 'shared objects', an operating-system specific library files, that provide the hash-generation functions. For example, using phpinfo() function, I discovered that my server runs Linux, so I need to use the libary file libCcCpiTools.so.

• 2. Many Web designers will be unable to install the C library files themselves (do you need 'root' access?). I contacted my Web host who told me that if I sent the library files to them, they would move it into the /usr/lib directory of the server. I recall that Unix filenames are case sensitive, so I FTP'ed the file to my Webspace in binary mode, and my hosts confirmed that it had been done.

• 3. Once the C library file was placed in the /usr/lib directory of the server, my Web host told me that I need do no more at my end, and that I should be able to see details of the C libary using the phpinfo() function. I found an entry called mhash, and assume that this is it?

• 4. Presumably, I should now be able to test the C library, by using the HSBC supplied sample code, a Web page called sample.html that accesses a file called TestHash.e But what kind of file is TestHash.e? I've not come across it before.

• 5. Is there another way to test that C libraries are installed correctly, without making use of a file of the type TestHash.e? For example, can a PHP or CGI files access the library directly?

• 6. Presumably the file TestHash.e contains a test hash number. In which case, how do I create one containing MY hash number? Perhaps I don't need to if PHP or CGI can access the library file directly?

Thanks to all that reply and clarify.

Regards,

Ian Tresman

Derby, UK

sdsd

I have just spoke to HSBC about making my site live. They have told me that the return page is trying to connect to a ssl v2 certificate page. (I don't really understand what they mean). Can you advise how I can resolve this, please.

I have checked the certificate on the site and it is v3.

Hi Guys

This was an error on HSBC side, atleast they admitted it. Delayed my go live for 24 hours though.

Regards

Raj :D

www.simplyspice.co.uk

Hi Ian,

I must admit that when I installed HSBC's epayment contribution, it was a nightmare, and I have to agree that HSBC were not very forthcoming with information quickly.

Answers for your questions.

1. libCcCpiTools.so, is a collection of functions/classes in a compiled format i believe, any feel free to correct if wrong.

2. the libCcCpiTools.so and TestHash.e file need to be transfered in binary mode to a folder on your server, but the libCcCpiTools.so file needs to be in /bin/lib if your php servers are set to run in 'safe' mode which does not allow you to use the

$ export LB_LIBRARY_PATH=[path where you have placed both files]

which is located in the hsbc.php file in /catalog/includes/modules/payment folder

2a. if your server is not running in 'safe' mode then all you need to do is access your server space with SSH (Secure Shell) make a folder out side your www folder (so no one can get to it ) and then alter code snippet above with the path.

2b. next most important is you have to 'chmod' TestHash.e to 0755 or 755 to allow it to be executed by the contribution.

3. Is vallid if your sever is running in safe mode and you host has copied the .so file to /bin/lib all you have to do is comment out or remove code snippet shown above in 2.

4. to use supplied code from HSBC it will need altering to reflect your folder structure i believe, don't know cause i never used it.

4a. TestHash.e is a program (written in C (source code) and compiled into an executable file (binary)), akin to a windows .exe file but for linux. (see 2b)

5 unless HSBC have release the code for the .so (think it might be on epayments cd but not sure) it may be possible, but again i got it working with what was available.

6. TestHash.e does not contain a hash key, its sole function ist to produce a HASH result from information passed to it i.e. your supplied HASH from HSBC and details from the store which match required information for the epayments system, listed in one of the chapters in the cpi intergration manual on the epayment cd rom.

6a. you pass your hash and data to TestHash.e it produces a result, you send result and data to hsbc payment system, customer enters payment details, is processed and it passes back another HASH and data which your then test, if all results match all is ok,

6b. other data is also passed back from HSBC CPI one important one is a result code 0 denotes transaction approved in total there are 16 if i remember correctly, again all listed in the HSBC CPI integration manual.

Well thats my limited understanding of how those bits work. If anyone else want to jump in feel free.

Hope the above helps rather than hinders B)

Andy

Literally, Laterally Thinking! If you cannot get through it, go round it.

Hi Ian, [..]

Answers for your questions.

Many many thanks for your help, it goes a long way in explaining what's going on.

1. Once libCcCpiTools.so is installed correctly, will it show with phpinfo()? I can see an item caled mhash, but I'm not sure if this is correct?

2. Does anyone have a PHP snippet that accesses the C library's GenerateHash function? Is it possible?

Regards,

Ian Tresman

Derby, UK