• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HSBC secure-epayment module

I'm developing the site for a customer :(

I don't know if HSBC have supplied a 'securesecret' to the account holder.

I've got the client ID beginning Uk and ending GBP

I've also got a 26 character hash key which I've entered into the os commerce contribution as the hash key, and also saved in the cgi-bin in a text file

Is that what you mean by a 'securesecret' ?

Andrew McDonald

w: http://www.webguru.uk.net

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jos?,

Can you tell me when the updated contributions' release date will be? Looking forward to seeing the changes.

Got the original in and working ok now after teathing troubles with code 10 errors and returning to a logged out cart, but it seems to be working great, almost ready to take the site it's for live.

Was just wondering if I should wait.

Thank's to Freerange Mum and yourself for this contrib.

TIA

Andy

Literally, Laterally Thinking! If you cannot get through it, go round it.

Further to my post from last week....

I got an order today which didn't get through the HSBC net. In the HSBC CPI the order appeared like this:

Void  Transaction ID  Type  Status  Authorized Date  Amount 

40xxxxxx-40b7-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxbaxyyyyyy  Sale  Approved  10/05/04 22:01  ?36.50 

40xxxxxx-40b7-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxbxyyyyyy  PreAuth  Fraud Pending  10/05/04 22:01  ?36.50 

But the return post had not instructed OSC to create a new order.

Jose, I guess your new mod cope with this sort of situation. Any idea how soon it will be available?

For the time being should I just change my hsbc_return.php file so that it accepts an order with CpiResultsCode == 9?

Would that allow me to go in and verify these orders?

I tried changing my hsbc_return.php to allow CpiResultsCode == 9 to create an order but I got another order today with fraud pending that failed to create an order in OSC.

The changes I made were:

Beneath

if ($CpiResultsCode=='0') {
	 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL', false).'?osCsid='.$GLOBALS["MerchantData"]);
  	 }

I added:

if ($CpiResultsCode=='8') {
	 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL', false).'?osCsid='.$GLOBALS["MerchantData"]);
   }
  	 if ($CpiResultsCode=='9') {
  	 }

And I commented out 2 lines in the switch($CpiResultsCode):

//      case 8: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR8; break;
//      case 9: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR9; break;

Anyone know why this didn't have the desired effect?

Thanks

Tim

Hi Tim,

Was looking at your code and thought about it then I remembered 'if...elseif...else'

Using this might work but not guaranteed ;)

$CpiResultsCode=$_POST['CpiResultsCode'];

if ($CpiResultsCode=='0') 
  	 {
     tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));
  	 }
   else if ($CpiResultsCode=='8')
   {
   }
   else ($CpiResultsCode=='9')
   {
   }

$error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR1;

Thinks A Bit ;)

Might need to reverse the 0, 8 and 9 so it check 9 then 8 and lastly 0

Also another option might be :blink:

switch($CpiResultsCode)
  	 {
     case 1: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR1; break;
     case 2: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR2; break;
     case 3: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR3; break;
     case 4: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR4; break;
     case 5: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR5; break;
     case 6: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR6; break;
     case 7: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR7; break;
     case 8: tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL')); break;
     case 9: tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL')); break;
     case 10: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR10; break;
     case 11: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR11; break;
     case 12: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR12; break;
     case 13: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR13; break;
     case 14: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR14; break;
     case 15: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR15; break;
     case 16: $error=MODULE_PAYMENT_HSBC_TEXT_ERROR16; break;                  

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'error_message=' . urlencode($error), 'SSL', true, false));

According to php syntax either *should* work. The site I am working on dosn't go live yet, so havn't come across this problem yet.

Let me know, what happens if you try it.

BTW - I'm not using the, '?osCsid....' of

as you do

got round it by putting this:

if (!empty($_POST['MerchantData']))  $_GET['osCsid']=$_POST['MerchantData'];

In hsbc_retun.php

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

HSBC Payment Module Copyright (c) 2003 QaDRAM Software
 http://www.qadram.com

Module developed for FreeRangeKids
 http://www.freerangekids.co.uk  

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
 if (!empty($_POST['MerchantData']))  $_GET['osCsid']=$_POST['MerchantData'];
 include('includes/application_top.php');

// load selected payment module

Lateral thinking I like It!

All the best for your site

Regards

Andy

Andy

Thanks for the reply. I thought changing the case 8 and case 9 lines might work as well. I'm trying that now.

The frustrating thing about this is that you can't test it. You just need to wait and hope it doesn't go wrong in the middle of a transaction.

Hopefully the new mod will come out soon. Jose - looking forward to it. Thanks for your work.

Tim

Hi again Tim,

The imortal word by Wil Smith from Independence Day...

Ooopps..

Forgot to mention, make changes to BOTH hsbc.php and hsbc_return.php identical, cause as you will have seen it's in both of them.

Also the hacks are not customer friendly if they get error 8 or 9 they won't know about it as they will be taken (in theory) to the Checkout Succes page, got to think of a way around that bit yet :) , and will be expecting delivery, when it won't come until the checks by you and/or HSBC have been completed.

Regards

Andy

Me again Tim,

Sorry mate, should have realised that you would have known about the code being in both hsbc.php and hsbc_return.php.

Was not thinking, as working on an outline for a Pre-Order Contrib 'cause I could not find one.

Too many late night's

Andy

Andy

No, I completely missed it being in hsbc.php as well. I'll make changes there as well and see what happens.

I'd rather the customer thought everything was OK and then got the checks rather than just not getting any email confirmation and me not knowing about the order in admin.

Like I said before, I guess Jose's new contrib will deal with these things.

Tim

Andy

Adding the changes to hsbc.php made it work OK now. So now fraudulent orders are registering as a success - I just need to be very careful that I go into the CPI and check each order before shipping.

Thanks for your help.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

My customer has decided to use HSBC Secure ePayments. I have recieved the CPI intergration guide, which I have found to be most confusing.

This is my setup so far (for testing)

Sample.html is in the shopping cart folder so it looks like this; www.rudewax.com/cart/sample.html

The form action is set to CcOrderHash.e, which is in the home directory, as such would read; www.rudewax.com/CcOrderHash.e as is libCcCpiTools.so, which would read www.rudewax.com/libCcCpiTools.so

Unfortunatly the hosting company that I use won't support the custom installations required. So the other info I need is which UK hosting companies support it?

The whole process is a bit confusing, what pages need to be securly hosted? any guidance would be most helpful.

Darren

Hi guys,

Just a quick update, I now have Tim/Andys mod added so that orders placed in a review state are accepted and things are looking pretty good. Cheers Guys. :D

A quick tip when looking to install this mod from scratch, make sure your cookie paths are set correctly before going through the aggro of setting all this up. Mine weren't and as such I have had to spend another day or two playing with all this to get it working correctly with cookies.

Now, with this in mind, can anyone tell me if they have managed to get this working with the setting 'Force Cookie Use' set to True?? ;)

I cant - It gets all upset on the return post from HSBC to Checkout Process!!

Its not a massive problem but I would like to know how other users have their session use set up. I have prevent spider sessions set to true and everything else set to false at present - seems to be the only way mine will work.

Cheers for any response,

Richard

Only Dead Fish Go With The Flow......

Oh Yeah,

Darren - If your still looking for hosting, United Hosting are good for me, others have mentioned Europa/Webfusion.

Both I believe run with PHP Safe Off which means the .so library and .e files do not need any installation, they just need uploading.

I wouldn't worry to much about the HSBC guide, it is bl**dy confusing, instead print out and read carefully every single page on this thread!!!

If you follow it carefully you are in with a chance - alternatively wait for Joses proposed update to the mod which will hopefully include many of the fixes listed in the forum.

Richard.

Does anyone have problems with HSBC epayments and AOL?

I have had customers who have been unable to go further than the checkout confirmation page when using AOL. I wonder whether this is a problem for anyone else?

If so does anyone know what you can do about it - apart from switching to Worldpay or some other card processor?

Tim

Hi Again All,

Still waiting to hear how you have got your sessions set up...

Just a theory at present Tim but I reckon we may both be having a similar problem. The only explanation for a problem I have of some customers creating multiple sessions and therefore having all their goods jumping out of their shopping carts (!!) is that they may be connecting with AOL.

Now, I also know that some customers are having difficulies connecting to the HSBC site and the ones I have spoken to were using IE6 and Windows XP!! Still, at the time I did not ask who their ISP was - Doh.

I am struggling to find any info about AOL and OSc probs but I have just installed the "User Tracking" mod so am hoping to have more conclusive proof.

I am guessing (and it is just a guess) that if I could run the site with "Force Cookies - Enabled" then these problems may go away - BUT, I cannot currently work the HSBC mod with these settings, I have to have "Force Cookies - False"!!!

I must admit I am a bit out of my depth on all this but surely if we come up with conclusive proof that AOL users cannot access HSBC then they should really look into the situation (HSBC I mean), lets face it, AOL aint exactly small fry.

Come on guys - give us a bit of info on this one...

I will get back to you as soon as I get any concrete proof from the User Tracking - Bl**dy great Contribution BTW.

Cheers For Now and may the orders keep coming in!

Richard

Richard

FYI

I also have prevent spider sessions set to true and all other session options set to false.

How exactly do you have your cookie paths set up now? Mine were like this:

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.kidzdens.co.uk');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'ssl.europahosting.co.uk/~kidzdens');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', 'ssl.europahosting.co.uk/~kidzdens/catalog/');

but I wonder whether I need an extra /catalog/ on the end of the 'HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH'.

Do they need to be set up differntly for the HSBC mod?

Have you spoken to HSBC helpline to ask if they are compatible with AOL? I'm going to call them today.

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim,

Have been looking at my configure.php in /catalog/includes, it seems to be set a bit differently to yours, unless its just the way osc installed when i put it on.

At the moment the test site is active and the tests i have put through the store work without a hitch.

Have had to blank domain names as the payment system with HSBC is live and processing orders.

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.xxxxx.co.uk'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://sslxxxxxxx.com/www.secure.xxxxxxxx.co.uk'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.xxxxxxx.co.uk');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.secure.xxxxxxxxx.co.uk');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

I was also looking at it from a friends house who has AOL, but when I asked if he would place a test order, he told me that he had just had it removed, as he was not happy with AOL <_<

Anyway, Were still looking forward to the new release from Jose :)

Regards

Andy

ok this HSBC payment mod is an absolute nightmare, though if your reading this you'll already be only to well aware of this.

Does anybody have any positive things to say? eg. If anyone has got this thing working is it worth all the pain and headaches.

My developer last week gave up on it, cant find anyone else who can do it for a realistic fee so ive been trying to get it installed with my limited knowledge of php/oscommerce etc. Any help/advice anyone can give would be most appriciated.

Jose's module is great start thanks for that.

millhouse

It is a pain, and even when you get it installed the HSBC CPI admin website is about the least intuitive site on the web.

There are also problems in that the HSBC payment pages seem to have been designed to work only with a few of the most recent browsers (for security reasons) but that means that many customers won't be able to pay you.

I also have very limited php knowledge but managed to get it installed (with major headaches) myself, and that was before many of the bugs had been noted down in this thread. I would suggest that reading through this thread will solve most of the problems, but there will undoubtedly be plenty more that you will find.

Hopefully the next release Jose puts out will make it a lot easier.

If I had to do it all again, maybe I would use Worldpay instead. But I do like the added trust that a big name like HSBC gives to a customer.

If you're looking for a developer to do it I hear that Jose Leon is the man for this module.

Tim

thanks Tim, its reasuring to know that youve managed to do it even tho like myself,your not greatly experienced in PHP/Osc. Given me a bit more encouragement. Not so good that even when its sorted its not a great mod, you'd think that HSBC might have put a bit more effort in...sure that been said before.

If you could give me a couple of pointers that would be great. I mean i am assuming that you started with Jose's mod and went from there? Coming from almost a complete novice is there any file/files that i should look at inparticular with regard to any editing. I cant seem to get past a 'hacking atempt' message.

thanks again.

Ed.

Hello, another victim here.....wish I had read this before signing up :blink: Anyhue, I have basic questions.....in uploading the freerange modules I assume the hsbc_return.php sits at the same level as \includes?

I have made the changes to checkout-process.php and I am getting a parse error....should I be making any other changes to modules to ensure the new hsbc payment module is called?

Basically, after uploading which modules do I need to modify?

Excuse the '101' question, I am a cut and paste supremo so am trying to make sense of the problems as they come up.

Thanks for any help. :huh:

Hi guys,

Well, here I am posting questions on the forum and then not replying for a week!! Well its been a pretty busy week and aside from the HSBC mod I am now trying to get my head around the Master Products setup... That really is testing my copy and paste abilities.

Right firstly a quick reply to the above 2 posts. It is possible to get this thing running with no knowledge of php/coding, etc, BUT its not easy.

To try and briefly establish the way ahead,

Start with your hosting. You MUST have Safe mode set to OFF. I dont know what that means exactly but it is to do with running the executables required to POST to the HSBC CPI. It can be done without safe mode set to off but this requires your host specifically installing the scripts for you at great expense by all accounts.

Secondly, the return from the HSBC CPI must arrive at a SSL page. ie, although you are paying HSBC to take care of all the credit card details for you, they in their infinite wisdom have decided that you still need SSL installed. This is not as bad as it seems as you can use a free shared SSL cert, I know there are several posters on this forum who have gone that route, and it should really be used to give your customers confidence when entering their personal details on your site.

OK, I think these 2 have been the main stumbling blocks with regards to hosting problems.

Getting started with the install...(Its been awhile since I did it and even then I tried so many ways...). Basically, use your copy and pasting skills with Jose's mod for the php files.

Next, upload the executables, the libCcCpiTools.so (I belive this is referred to as a library file) and CcOrderHash.e. (These files are located on the secure e-payments CD that HSBC should have sent you.) Now, I may be wrong this bit caused me major headaches, but I belive these files should be uploaded to your cgi bin and then the path needs to be set in your copy of includes/modules/payment/hsbc.php. Look for

//Path where the TestHash.e executable is located

$path='/var/www/cgi-bin';

and edit appropriately. (Reading one of Jose's posts, I think these files may be uploaded to any directory as long as the path is correct, but the above is what worked for me.)

Right, you should now have the basic setup. If you cannot connect to the HSBC CPI from your site now, it is time to re-read this thread and start to implement the various suggestions that have got different people connected.. Neil's time fix is one that springs to mind, as is checking you have entered your hash key/client ID correctly and if all else fails, check with HSBC that your hash key is actually correct, yes, this has been the cause of many many lost hours for one fellow on this board. Needless to say he was probably even more p'd off with HSBC than the rest of us!

OK, now, by this stage you should be connecting with the HSBC CPI which is quite a milestone. The next step is trying to get the CPI to return to you correctly so that the orders are entered into your osCommerce database and show up in your admin. I am not going to go into this in depth as its a bit of a bugger. Briefly, start with implementing

Neils order id fix
, then make sure you have your return direct in hsbc_return.php set correctly.....I would love to be able to tell you what this should be but it appears to be slightly different for everyone!! Just for reference, mine is now

OK, you following so far? If it has taken you as long as it took me, we should be about two weeks into the process by now with only a few hours sleep in between!!

You are into the final furlong, so take hope! You should be at the stage now where you are taking orders and could be up and running on a live site. The only thing I would strongly recommend after this is to re-read the last few pages of this thread and implement Tim and Andrews little mod for redirecting customers who have had their payment placed into a Review state by HSBC. This Review state was the biggest problem I encountered once I thought I had the mod installed correctly. Basically if the customer enters a different shipping address or billing address to their credit card address, HSBC places the payment into a review state. This may be a good thing to avoid charge backs but it played havoc with customers in my gift shop as it occured regularly and meant that although HSBC were prepared to accept payment, once I had reviewed it, the HSBC mod, in its virgin state through the customers back to an error page and sent them into a massive spin of confusion - probably much like you are after having read this!!

Ok, here endeth chapter one from the good book HSBC!!! I certainly aint no expert and if you have any specific questions, although I will do my best to help, time and knowledge are both pretty sparse for myself at present.

Oh yeah, just one final thought on this whole matter......

I keep thinking of the whole HSBC mod as the traditional sexist map reading issue. You know, how if two people, one male, one female are both trying to find an unknown destination whilst driving. Well, the bloke obviously knows how to read a map and therefore sees absolutely no need to stop and ask for help, while the lady just doesnt see the point in reading the map if there is somebody available to ask?? Well for sure us blokes know that women just cannot read maps but for some reason the girls will allways arrive at the destination first?? Yeah, you know what I am talking about.

Well, I would just like to point out that the two people who have admitted to asking the great Jose Leon to implement this mod for them have been ladies, and they both appear to have had it installed very quickly, painlessly and are both very happy with the whole HSBC setup!! Gotta make you wonder hasnt it lads? B)

Right. my half drunk bottle of wine needs polishing off (I use this as the reason for any typos). I do hope the above helps,

Cheers,

Richard.

Ok,

After my last post, I must reply to you Tim, I have been putting it off all week, mainly as I was hoping to have a bit more in the way of facts to post. Alas this is not the case.....

Having implemented the User Tracking mod I have eagerly been awaiting evidence of why customers have failed to connect to the HSBC and, would you believe it, everyone since has gone through without a hiccup!!!

Now, all I have changed is my cookie settings in my includes config file and I have implemented your mods for the HSBC returns. Good work BTW, your fix is exactly what I wanted to do myself given the time and knowledge. It is working a treat for me and saving a whole load of phone calls from confused customers!

Just for reference, my cookie paths are slightly different from yours, (maybe due to the fact that I am on a dedicated SSL?) Here is my config settings,

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.heritage-gifts.co.uk/'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://www.heritage-gifts.co.uk/'); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('ENABLE_SSL', true); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'heritage-gifts.co.uk');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'heritage-gifts.co.uk');

define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '/');

Although this is a little different to yours, I have taken the liberty of checking out your site and it appears to behave exactly the same as mine with regards to session ids. (Nice site BTW, might need to place a purchase when my little 9 month old lad grows a bit!). I do still have to set Force Cookie Use to False. Not sure why, and am not too bothered, but it would be nice to have the option to set it to True!

All I can add at present is that my AOL theory has been partially been blown out the water as I have had an order placed and seen through the payment succesfully. (Just out of interest did you get any info out of phoning HSBC?). In this instance the order was just for a single item so I am still waiting for proof that AOL users can add multiple products to their cart.

OK, the bottle (and a half) of Vino Calapso is starting to catch up on me....

I will say that after a week and a bit of having my cookies set correctly and having the User Tracking installed (and having installed your HSBC return setup), I am a little happier with the whole HSBC situation, although I am still wary. Can I recommend that anyone with the HSBC mod installed implements the User Tracking? Not only should it help get us any facts to throw back at HSBC but it will certainly help us all with tacking who is buying from our sites, where they are coming from, which service provider they are using, etc.... (Oh yeah, just be wary if you are using a 56k dial up, it takes a bit of time to load the page info)

I would just like to add to this and my last post that after mentioning Jose (the great), Neil, Tim and Andrew (plus many more I havent mentioned who have posted on this thread) the main thanks must go out to Freerangemum for handing this mod over to the Open Source!! Without her goodwill I may have saved myself many headaches but I certainly wouldnt have got off the starting blocks!

Right the wines done, just the whisky left to have a go at! :P

Cheers and goodnight,

Richard.

Richard

I didn't actually phone HSBC since my customer didn't get back to me and tell me which version of the AOL browser they were using. Without that information I couldn't really check with HSBC. Chances are they have an old version which isn't secure enough for the HSBC site.

I understand IE 5 and Netscape 4 won't work either. I'm assuming that's what it was in the absence of further info, but I have the user tracking mod on my list of things to install so that I will be able to find this out for myself soon.

Off topic note: BTW Richard, the Master Products mod is great once you get it installed. Well worth the trouble.

Millhouse, Tasselman Richard seems to have covered most of the install guidance very thoroughly - nothing more to add except that you should probably read this thread from start to finish cos all the answers are there.

Cheers

Tim