• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

XSELL - Updated Product Listing

yakseller

Can anyone tell me, which needs to be downloaded from the contribution section and the order in which to install? seems to be a bit of a hit and miss there, perhaps I am seeing too many things.

Is there a single contribution listing which has everything?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey John,

Your right it is confusing. I have been working on this mod for about three days now. It looks like I installed the ms2 contrib and the add to cart contrib.

Load those up on your ms2 cart and test them out. You may need the add to cart fix. I don't remember what it did exactly.

If you use the registry contrib be careful. There are numerous obstacles to overcome. I have completely lost track of the changes I've made with those two contribs sharing the cart. Both are excellent contribs and my hat is off to the folks that supplied them.

Once xsell is installed it works great. I still have a bug in shopping_cart.php with the registry though but it's something I can overlook for now.

If I may I would like to supply some advice to all.

Download a fresh ms2 and make a backup copy of it.

Install your mods into the copy and make sure it works first.

Make a fresh backup of your store before making any changes.

Then, using some compare program, integrate the changes paying close attention to what you are adding, deleteing, or changeing.

I have many contribs installed and I have found some of them just don't like to play together.

How do you know when you know what you want to do for the rest of your life?

I've got a problem with this mod. I don't use the database field manufacturer, because we produce all products by our own.

because with this contribution have to have a manufacturer, I can not choose any product. I have the same screen as AlaneinHilo! But I just have something about 50 Products!

has anybody any idea for solving this??

thanks

andreas

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT A MESS!

I'd like to use some of the features of X-SELL, but it seems there is no way - not alt all! - to accomplish that...

...I mean - I even don't find any quite actual contribution and don't like the idea of fixing all of the bugs manual with looking through the bunches of updates...

...there is no overview in this project - everyone is posting crappy tipps and small upgrades instead of bringing it to a new version?!

ANY IDEAS OF A WORKING CONTRI WILL BE APPRECIATED! :angry:

To see a limtied number of products if you ammend the code in xsell_products.php file in the admin section around line 218 where it says

if (!$add_related_product_ID )

{

$query = "select
b.language_id,a.products_id, b.products_name, ?b.products_description,a.products_quantity, a.products_model, ?a.products_image,b.products_url, a.products_price 
FROM 
products a,products_description b WHERE b.products_id = a.products_id AND b.language_id = 1 
ORDER BY a.products_id LIMIT 0,100; ";

Ammend the last line where is says order by and then put a limit.. I have put 100 and you will see it..

This works by showing 100 items, but it there are way to add a "more" or "next button? I can't get to any other pages

v

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you LazyP for the fix on the xsell_products.php file. My catalog has only about 50 products at the moment so size was not causing the problem for me. Using your change b.language_id = 2 to b.language_id = $languages_id fixed my problem and x-sell seems to be working perfect now.

andreas: Have you made the change LazyP suggested? I am able to use cross-sell with products with no manufacturer. Does it give you an error when you try to cross sell products without manufactures?

-Alane

• 2 months later...

I found a small bug in xsell_cart.php and am working to fix it. If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.

The problem is, if 2 products have the same xsell products, and both are put into your cart, the xsell products will show up 2 times. Some code is needed to make sure that no product is duplicated in the xsell cart box.

Does anyone use this contribution?

To fix this problem, add the line:

array_push($productid_array, $xsell['products_id']);

After: if (!in_array($xsell['products_id'], $productid_array)) {

And Before: if ($drawtable) {

So it should read:

if (!in_array($xsell['products_id'], $productid_array)) {

array_push($productid_array, $xsell['products_id']);

if ($drawtable) {

• 2 weeks later...

This is the forum for this contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ll/search,xsell

To fix the manufacturers problem, change the query to this:

$xsell_query_raw = "SELECT p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, xp.xsell_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m ON p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " xp, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' AND p.products_id = xp.xsell_id AND xp.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' AND p.products_id = pd.products_id ORDER BY pd.products_name";

• 2 weeks later...

help.jpg

help me.....what can i do?.......

I surrender with this problem ....

i follow the readme ...everything ok.....

but.....products is repeat 3 times (watches picture)

Congratulation for this contributions.......thanks for all

(excuses for my english)

Hi......yakseller......thanks you for your time

reply:

noo...only happens to me...when i install your contribution on the original x-sell contributions....

screensamples .....maybe you can help me

step1:

install x-sell original contributions......

paso1.jpg

paso2.jpg

everything....ok

Step 2....I install your contributions...and readme.txt.....step by step

paso1.jpg

In Admin Everything ok

paso4.jpg

IN...Catalog.......I SEE TWO MATRIX NAME ???........and same picture (3times).Why?.....i delete matrix product in table products ...

when seeing that ---I review the tables products_xsell in sql....

paso3.jpg

look....prod ID 48..with... x-sell (ID 6, 46,54)......everything is ok....

ok...now i review Table products in sql....

paso5.jpg

look 46 and 54..... they are not Matrix name or picture

your xsell_product.....is calling matrix name.....??...

PD: I USE BTS.1.3

but i thing bts1.3 is working ok.... with x-sell prod..... (i tested )

Edited by tonysoprano

mmm..... (solution2)

step 3 (i install 19 Jul 2004 - Updated Xsell Product Listings -the last contribution)

paso7.jpg

I am so close..... to fix it

(but .....tell me why? your contributions is calling a matrix (twice).... ??

MATRIX??....I Delete matrix.....in the beginning

IT CAN BE this code the problem (maybe) :

$xsell_query_raw = "SELECT p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, xp.xsell_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m ON p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " xp, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' AND p.products_id = xp.xsell_id AND xp.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' AND p.products_id = pd.products_id ORDER BY pd.products_name";

P.D: Do you speak spanish ???.....

No, I don't speak Spanish (atleast not well).

Try chaning that SQL query to:

$xsell_query_raw = "SELECT DISTINCT p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, xp.xsell_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m ON p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " xp, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' AND p.products_id = xp.xsell_id AND xp.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' AND p.products_id = pd.products_id ORDER BY pd.products_name";

:D finally... "the solution".....everything ok......thanks for you time.....

the solution....is was...in Table SQL products_description

paso9.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

but i need to ask.......

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2219

Master Products by Galen

you use that contribution???....... (i like this contribution....) you?

Hi......yakseller

if you have time...can you contribute .....with this contribution.....

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2219

MASTER PRODUCTS BY GALEN

paso11.jpg

....plus it puts a checkbox next to each Options/Additional Items item, and will add all selected items to the cart with the main item when "Add To Cart" is selected.

Can you....edit...MASTER PRODUCTS BY GALEN

+ (WITH)

YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS.....23 Jan 2004 - New Listing, plus adding to cart........

Edited by tonysoprano

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello,

Iam using XSELL - Updated Product Listing contribution  19 Jul 2004

its working with a bug : the module show the same product twice for each language

I can't fix it

I need help thanks

You need to add the language to the main sql query. I didn't add this in, because my shop is only in one language.

$xsell_query_raw = "SELECT DISTINCT p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, xp.xsell_id, m.manufacturers_name, m.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m ON p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " xp, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_status = '1' AND p.products_id = xp.xsell_id AND xp.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' AND p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' ORDER BY pd.products_name";

Add the same thing if you are using my XSELL CART.

Edited by yakseller

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...