The e-commerce.

XSELL - Updated Product Listing

yakseller

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello

can someone post full package of xsell with latest updates?

there are lots of updates. :o

i'm not sure exactly what xsell mod should be installed first. :blink:

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the contribusion and it works just fine with all codes and stuff, but i cant set up an x-sell product or modify one either... i have followed the instruction step by step all the way and i even tried it twice..but i cant get it to work...

I Keep getting a page error in the admin section or sometime only the header shows and no products to cross sell.. I figured out my problem it was due to having about 5000 products.. if reduce my products it will show them.

I was wondering if anyone has implemented it with a like page spilt option where it shows a certain number of products per page..

On about line 44 Insert this in xsell_products.php

$xsell_price = $currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_

class_id']));

Then about line 47 or so change this

$info_box_contents[$row][2] = array('align' => 'left',

'params' => 'class="productListing-data" valign="middle"',

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'p

roducts_id=' . $xsell['products_id']) . '"><b><u>' . $xsell['products_name'] . '</u></b></a><br>

Manufacturer: <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $xsell['manufacturers_id']) .

'" target="_blank">' . $xsell['manufacturers_name'] . '</a><br>Price: ' . $products_price . '</font>');

To this

$info_box_contents[$row][2] = array('align' => 'left',

'params' => 'class="productListing-data" valign="middle"',

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'p

roducts_id=' . $xsell['products_id']) . '"><b><u>' . $xsell['products_name'] . '</u></b></a><br>

Manufacturer: <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $xsell['manufacturers_id']) .

'" target="_blank">' . $xsell['manufacturers_name'] . '</a><br>Price: ' . $xsell_price . '</font>');

I've installed this contrib and it seems to work very well. I have one question about adding products.

I linked a product to another product, and when you view the first product, it displays the suggested Xsell product below with buy it now button. The problem I see is that if I buy the top product, I go into my cart where I no longer see the suggested product. I guess I could hit back to return there, but is there a way to have the Xsell (suggested) product(s) come up after you've added the main product to your cart?

Sorry, I posted on the wrong contri, I was asking about the original xcart.

I installed this new contri (which does exactly what I was asking) and it works fine except that the update cart button does not seem to "take" the xsell suggested product. If I manually add the xsell product to the cart, the suggestion goes away, but I'm not sure how to get the update cart button to work.

The instructions mention two methods of xselling - I'm assuming you don't have to include both? Either way that shouldnt have an effect on the cart.

I'm also using the shipping estimator contri, so I'm not sure if that is a factor here or not either. Thanks for any suggestions.

Sorry for posting again on the same day, but the person who submitted this contri hasn't posted in a while. Is anyone successfully using this modified xsell contri? I'm not sure if it's half baked or if it's the fact that I have shipincart and other things installed.

I can just revert to the regular xsell but I hate wasting the work I've already put into it.

Well, as is usually the case, I figure it out. I moved the code for the xsell bit to within the form, and it works as designed.

The only slight issue remaining is that I am using shipincart, which also has an Update Cart button. If you click the xsell item, enter your zipcode and them click the lower Update Cart button (for shipincart) it drops the xsell item.

I'm not sure how to combine the two but for now it's a minor issue.

Danix,

Sorry for not posted in a while. I am willing to help with any problems that you are having. I use this contribution is a live cart without any problems, but do not have any other cart contribs installed. Are you still having problems with the update cart button with the suggested products?

Hi there,

I just finished installing X-Sell and have successfully added products using the X-Sell EDIT button and the products are shown in my store. But I think there is something wrong with my admin/xsell_products.php . When I go to the Cross Sell (X-Sell) Admin no products are listed, all I see is this:

x-sell_admin.gif

I am not getting any errors, but neither am I seeing any products listed. Any clues?

Thanks!

-Alane

Hi there,

I just finished installing X-Sell and have successfully added products using the X-Sell EDIT button and the products are shown in my store. But I think there is something wrong with my admin/xsell_products.php . When I go to the Cross Sell (X-Sell) Admin no products are listed, all I see is this:

I am not getting any errors, but neither am I seeing any products listed. Any clues?

Thanks!

-Alane

I got exactly the same problem as Alane. But besides this issue everything is working great.

AlaneinHilo & LazyP,

With regards to your probelm, i have the same too and the reason why we are getting NO PRODUCTS is because we have many products.. I think if i remeber clearly that the limit of products that is there is about 800 or less products.. Apparently the admin section cannot seem more than a certain number of products due to the time out of the products being called from the database..

The only solution is to have split pages and show a certain number of products at a time..

IF someone knows how to show the split pages with a limited number of products then this would work..

To see a limtied number of products if you ammend the code in xsell_products.php file in the admin section around line 218 where it says

if (!$add_related_product_ID )

{

$query = "select
b.language_id,a.products_id, b.products_name,  b.products_description,a.products_quantity, a.products_model,  a.products_image,b.products_url, a.products_price 
FROM 
products a,products_description b WHERE b.products_id = a.products_id AND b.language_id = 1 
ORDER BY a.products_id LIMIT 0,100; ";

Ammend the last line where is says order by and then put a limit.. I have put 100 and you will see it..

If anyone has solved the split pages please do let me know many thanks.

Hi all

I have the same problem with a long list of products..

As far as xsell is concern, the best solution for LOTS of products is to pick the xsell products by drop down menu

MAIN PRODUCT (drop down menu)

Related PRODUCT (drop down menu)

Once the first product is added, the page should look like this:

Main xsell product: Motherboard id: 254 Delete Yes/No (would delete main and relatedl)

Related xsell product: Memory id: 512 Delete Yes/No

ADD A Xsell

Main Product (drop down menu)

Related Product (drop down menu)

I hope I made myself understood...

Salvo

FROM 
products a,products_description b WHERE b.products_id = a.products_id AND b.language_id = 1 
ORDER BY a.products_id LIMIT 0,100; ";

I found my problem....

In the contribution it says: b.language_id=2

but I don't have any language with id=2. I changed it to 1 and now everything works fine

for general use, change :

b.language_id = 2

to

b.language_id = $languages_id

on all occassions in xsell_procucts.php

Also I've made another modification which might be useful for some people. To sort the products according to product name instead of product id change the following

ORDER BY a.products_id

to

ORDER BY b.products_name

on all occasions in xsell_procucts.php

Is there a MS1 version of the xsell_cart.php file? If not, how difficult would it be to change? Not being familiar with the way MS2 works I would like to try it on MS1 first.

BTW, the xsell_products.php file works without any alterations in product_info.php on MS1.

Cheers

osCommerce user since 2003! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I have limited number of products showing in admin also...

3750 products total...

when using my test bed on apache2triad on localhost.

But when the cart is loaded to the web all products are presented and the admin side works great. I think the problem may lie in the setup of apache/php and mysql. Could this be the situation?

Before you go...

I have a problem on the cart side...

The contrib is functionally primo in shopping_cart.php but in product_info when a xsell checkbox is marked and add to cart is pressed the xsell item is not added to the cart.

The trouble appears to be the coding in application_top.php.

I have attempted to move the include out of cache in product_info but it doesn't seem to solve the problem at all.

I would like to have the contrib function in product_info where when the check box is checked and add to cart is activated both items are placed in the cart and the upsell no longer appears in shopping_cart or on the product_info pages.

Any words or thoughts on this post?

Thanks, Tim

How do you know when you know what you want to do for the rest of your life?