• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

XSELL - Updated Product Listing

yakseller

I would like to use this contrib, but I can't figure out how or where to install the products_xsell.sql ?? can anyone enlighten me as to how to go about this.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have installed the xsell_cart contribution and everything is working, but it is not removing items from the xsell_box when they are added to the cart.

Can anyone help?

Do you mean it is not removing them from the xsell in the shopping cart, or the xsell on the products page. Currently, it does not remove products from the list on the product_info page.

• 8 months later...

Okay I have the latest version of xsell_cart.php (2.2) admin sections are all working fine. Everything is working fine except the cart part which is the only place I really want to use this.

I am getting the following SQL errors:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{2}5 AND px.xsell_id = p.products_id AND px.xsell_id = pd.produ

SELECT p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id FROM products AS p, products_description AS pd, products_xsell AS px WHERE px.products_id = 348{2}5 AND px.xsell_id = p.products_id AND px.xsell_id = pd.products_id AND p.products_status = '1' AND pd.language_id = '1' ORDER BY p.products_ordered DESC

[TEP STOP]

Anyone else been having this problem?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Rich

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Okay I have the latest version of xsell_cart.php (2.2) admin sections are all working fine. Everything is working fine except the cart part which is the only place I really want to use this.

I am getting the following SQL errors:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{2}5 AND px.xsell_id = p.products_id AND px.xsell_id = pd.produ

SELECT p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id FROM products AS p, products_description AS pd, products_xsell AS px WHERE px.products_id = 348{2}5 AND px.xsell_id = p.products_id AND px.xsell_id = pd.products_id AND p.products_status = '1' AND pd.language_id = '1' ORDER BY p.products_ordered DESC

[TEP STOP]

Anyone else been having this problem?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Rich

Me too, I'm getting this exact same problem - Any ideas clever people?????

Edited by jimmygreaves

in the xsell_cart.php change this:

$xsell_query = tep_db_query("SELECT p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id FROM  " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " AS p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " AS pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " AS px WHERE px.products_id = " . $product_id_in_cart['id'] . " AND px.xsell_id = p.products_id AND px.xsell_id = pd.products_id AND p.products_status = '1' AND pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' ORDER BY p.products_ordered DESC");

to this

$xsell_query = tep_db_query("SELECT p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id FROM  " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " AS p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " AS pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " AS px WHERE px.products_id = " . tep_get_prid($product_id_in_cart['id']) . " AND px.xsell_id = p.products_id AND px.xsell_id = pd.products_id AND p.products_status = '1' AND pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' ORDER BY p.products_ordered DESC");

in the xsell_cart.php change this:

$xsell_query = tep_db_query("SELECT p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id FROM  " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " AS p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " AS pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " AS px WHERE px.products_id = " . $product_id_in_cart['id'] . " AND px.xsell_id = p.products_id AND px.xsell_id = pd.products_id AND p.products_status = '1' AND pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' ORDER BY p.products_ordered DESC");

to this

$xsell_query = tep_db_query("SELECT p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id FROM  " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " AS p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " AS pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " AS px WHERE px.products_id = " . tep_get_prid($product_id_in_cart['id']) . " AND px.xsell_id = p.products_id AND px.xsell_id = pd.products_id AND p.products_status = '1' AND pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' ORDER BY p.products_ordered DESC");

Good work that man! Cheers mate, works great now.

I like the look of this compared to the default xsell contrib but when i install it i get no add to car buttons. If this is supposed to be the case and im supposed to use the add to card button on the main product page, that doesn't add any of the xsell products even if they are ticked. Any ideas?

Cheers

Daz

• 1 month later...

So I'm trying figure out how to get started with this contribution? I've installed the latest version of the basic xsell contribution.

But I don't see any install instructions for this xsell_cart addition.

All of the downloads are single .php files zipped.

Can someone point me to the install steps. I'm a little lost.

So I'm trying figure out how to get started with this contribution? I've installed the latest version of the basic xsell contribution.

But I don't see any install instructions for this xsell_cart addition.

All of the downloads are single .php files zipped.

Can someone point me to the install steps. I'm a little lost.

Bump?

I installed the contribution, can click on the link in the admin, the item selected does show the image in the box however none of the other items show an image, all show 'No Image'. I am using small and large image contribution. The database does have image names listed in the products table, products_image, anyone have any idea why no images are displayed?

• 3 months later...

Step 14 is in French for instal of xsell 2.3

Anybody got an English translation?

STEP 14:

Add to /catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php

//Cache

function rdel($path, $deldir = true) {

// $path est le chemin relatif au fichier php

// $deldir (paramètre optionel, par défaut à vrai) permet de dire si vous souhaitez supprimer le répertoire (vrai) ou le vider uniquement (faux)

// on vérifie d'abord que le nom du repertoire contient "/" à la fin, sinon on le lui rajoute

if ($path[strlen($path)-1] != "/")

$path .= "/";

if (is_dir($path)) {

$d = opendir($path);

while ($f = readdir($d)) {

if ($f != "." && $f != "..") {

$rf = $path . $f; // chemin relatif au fichier php

if (is_dir($rf)) // si c'est un répertoire on appel récursivement la fonction

rdel($rf);

else // sinon on efface le fichier

unlink($rf);

}

}

closedir($d);

if ($deldir) // si $deldir est vrai on efface le répertoire

rmdir($path);

}

else {

unlink($path);

}

}

//Fin cache

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed xsell 2.2...works great...love it.

I want to make the images in the admin smaller. I thought I saw something on this thread about that but I found no answer yet.

I also tried the 2.2_1 image fix by cyclopes, which seemd perfectly logical, but it did not work. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

• 2 months later...
where's the SQL statement for this contrib? I'm getting a error that TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL doesn't exist.

solved it. it helps to first install the contrib - X-Sell v2-MS2 - Cross Sell for MS2. Doh!

• 2 months later...
I like the look of this compared to the default xsell contrib but when i install it i get no add to car buttons. If this is supposed to be the case and im supposed to use the add to card button on the main product page, that doesn't add any of the xsell products even if they are ticked. Any ideas?

Cheers

Daz

I am having the same problem too. Unable to add the items into cart after selecting and clicking on update.

Any fix for this available?

Kunal

• 2 months later...

In installed the 2.3 contrib of X-Sell and it`s running realy well.

But:

I have about 1000 items in my webhsop and a lot of X-Sells

I´d appreciate the following enhancements:

1.) Add Cross-Sellings to a product by model-number (like in contrib "Fast Easy Cross-Sell")

2.) A search box to search and add Cross Sells

3.) An alphabetical sort Option to add Cross Sell Items (Klick "A" to see all items beginning with "A".....)

A realy useful contrib but i hope that some approvements in handling will be done....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

At last - is there a complete updated package available for this contibution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1808

?

i can only find a lot of enhancements and bug fixes.....what about a clean complete package ???

Edited by runweb

OSC Webmakers Edition modiefied with many other contribs and enhancements.

+ STS 4.5.7 for 2.2MS2 and RC1

• 6 months later...

Hello -

I've got xsell_cart.php v2 up and running with X-Sell v2-MS2 v2.3 - I only have one glitch - when you add a product to your cart from the xsell_cart listing on the shopping cart page with the "Update" button, it causes the "Continue" button to point to 404.php as you weren't at a product page when you added the item to the cart. Any idea on how to correct this? :huh:

The other thing I am hoping for is the ability to change the design to that of the xsell listings on the product pages (3 columns per row). I've been attempting this and so far I've just not managed to get it right. If anyone has gotten this working it would be greatly appreciated if you could either post your code or PM me with it :thumbsup:

Thanks!!

~Tracy

• 1 year later...

Hi

I was wondering if someone can help me. I have installed the auto installer for the XSELL (http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/1415) but I'm wondering. My main reason for installing this contribution was to get the cross products to be displayed in the shopping cart. Just for fun I tested it in the products info page and changed it the way we want (in temrs of appearnace) and it worked. I took that and tried to put it in the shopping cart and wasn't able to generate anything. Can someone help me with the code please.

Here is my code so far:

<?php
/*
$Id: xsell_products.php, v1  2002/09/11
// adapted for Separate Pricing Per Customer v4 2005/02/24

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
<http://www.oscommerce.com>

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_XSELL_PRODUCTS);

$xsell_query = tep_db_query("select distinct p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name, p.products_tax_class_id, products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price
from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " xp left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p on xp.xsell_id = p.products_id
left join " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd on p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'
left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id 
where xp.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'
and p.products_status = '1'
order by sort_order asc limit " . MAX_DISPLAY_XSELL);

if (tep_db_num_rows($xsell_query)>= MIN_SIMILAR_PRODUCTS) {
?>
<!-- xsell_products //-->
 <tr>
      <td>

<?php
    $info_box_contents = array();
    $info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left', 'text' => TEXT_XSELL_PRODUCTS);
    new contentBoxHeading($info_box_contents);
?>
<? tep_draw_heading_top_3();?>	
<?php

$row = 0;
    $col = 0;
    $info_box_contents = array();
    while ($xsell = tep_db_fetch_array($xsell_query)) {
		if (tep_not_null($xsell['specials_new_products_price'])) {
    $xsell_price =  '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br>';
      	$xsell_price .= '<span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($xsell['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
		} else {
			$xsell_price = '<span class="productSpecialPrice">' .  $currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
		}

$xsell['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($xsell['products_id']);

$p_name = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $xsell['products_id']) . '">' . $xsell['products_name']. '</a>';

$p_buynow ='<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&product_to_buy_id=' . $xsell['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', TEXT_BUY . $xsell['products_name'] . TEXT_NOW) .'</a>';

$xsell_reviews_query = tep_db_query("select r.reviews_rating from " . TABLE_REVIEWS . " r, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p where r.products_id = " . (int)$xsell['products_id'] . "");
         $xsell_reviews = tep_db_fetch_array($xsell_reviews_query);
         $xsell_reviews_rating = (($xsell_reviews['reviews_rating'] >= '1') ? tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_' . $xsell_reviews['reviews_rating'] . '.gif' , sprintf(BOX_REVIEWS_TEXT_OF_5_STARS, $xsell_reviews['reviews_rating'])) : tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'stars_0.gif' , sprintf(BOX_REVIEWS_TEXT_OF_5_STARS, '0')));

$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
                                              'params' => '',
                                              'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $xsell["products_id"]) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $xsell['products_image'], $xsell['products_name'], TINY_IMAGE_WIDTH, TINY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $xsell['products_name'] . '<br>' . $xsell_reviews_rating . '<br>' . $xsell_price. '<br>'.$p_buynow.'</a>');

$col ++;
      if ($col >= 1) {
        $col = 0;
        $row ++;
      }
    }
new contentBox($info_box_contents);
?>
<? tep_draw_heading_bottom_3();?>
           </td>
         </tr>
<!-- xsell_products_eof //-->
<?php
}
?>

Thanks in advance, someone somewhere had this xsell_cart.php file that didn't work btw,

<!-- xsell_cart //-->
<?php

// BOF Separate Pricing Per Customer
if(!tep_session_is_registered('sppc_customer_group_id')) {
$customer_group_id = '0';
} else {
 $customer_group_id = $sppc_customer_group_id;
}
global $customer_group_id;

//Start an array of items being suggested.
 $xsell_contents_array = array();

//Start to build the HTML that will display the xsell box.
 $xsell_box_contents = '';

//Go through each item in the cart, and look for xsell products.
 foreach ($products AS $product_id_in_cart) {
       // First we need to get the master_product for the product_id_in_cart
       $xsell_master_query = tep_db_query("SELECT products_master FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " WHERE products_id = " . $product_id_in_cart['id'] . "");
       $xsell_master = tep_db_fetch_array($xsell_master_query);

//Main XSELL Query
       if ($customer_group_id != '0') {
       $xsell_query = tep_db_query("SELECT p.products_master, p.products_sort_order, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(pg.customers_group_price IS NOT NULL, pg.customers_group_price, p.products_price) as products_price FROM  " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " pg using(products_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " px WHERE px.products_id = " . $xsell_master['products_master'] . " AND px.xsell_id = p.products_id AND px.xsell_id = pd.products_id AND p.products_status = '1' AND pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' AND pg.customers_group_id = '".$customer_group_id."' and find_in_set('" . $customer_group_id . "', products_hide_from_groups) = 0 ORDER BY p.products_sort_order ASC");
       } else {
       $xsell_query = tep_db_query("SELECT p.products_master, p.products_sort_order, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id FROM  " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_XSELL . " px WHERE px.products_id = " . $xsell_master['products_master'] . " AND px.xsell_id = p.products_id AND px.xsell_id = pd.products_id AND p.products_status = '1' AND pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' AND find_in_set('" . $customer_group_id . "', products_hide_from_groups) = 0 ORDER BY p.products_sort_order ASC");
       }

//Cycle through each suggested product and add to box, if there are none
       //go to the next product in the cart.
       while ($xsell = tep_db_fetch_array($xsell_query)) {

//If the xsell item is already being suggested, we don't need
         //to suggest it again.  Keep track of xsell items I've already dealt
         //with.
         if (!in_array($xsell['products_id'], $xsell_contents_array)) {

//Add this xsell product to the list of xsell products dealt with. 
               array_push($xsell_contents_array, $xsell['products_id']);  

//If a suggested product is already in the cart, we don't need to
               //suggest it again. 
               if (!$cart->in_cart($xsell['products_id'])) {  

//Create the box contents.
                 $xsell_box_contents .= '<tr><td class="smallText">Qty: ' . tep_draw_input_field('cart_quantity[]', '', 'size="4"') . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id[]',  $xsell['products_id']) . '</td>';
               $xsell_box_contents .= '<td class="smallText" width="' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $xsell['products_image'], $xsell['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</td>';
               $xsell_box_contents .= '<td class="smallText">  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $xsell['products_master']) . '">' . $xsell['products_name'] . '</a></td>';
         if ($xsell_price = tep_get_products_special_price($xsell['products_id'])) {
               $products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($xsell_price, tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
          } else {
               $products_price = $currencies->display_price($xsell['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($xsell['products_tax_class_id']));
          }
          $xsell_box_contents .= '<td class="smallText" align="right">' . $products_price . '  </td>';
         }  //END OF IF ALREADY IN CART
       }  // END OF IF ALREADY SUGGESTED
 }  //END OF WHILE QUERY STILL HAS ROWS
}  //END OF FOREACH PRODUCT IN CART LOOP

//Only draw the table if there are suggested products.
if ($xsell_box_contents != '') {
 echo '<br><br><table class="productListing" width="90%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center"><tr><td colspan="4" class="productListing-heading" align="center">May we suggest:</td></tr><tr><td colspan="4" class="smallText" align="center">Enter Quantity desired, then click "Update"</td></tr>';
 echo $xsell_box_contents . '</table>';
}

?>
<!-- xsell_cart_eof //-->

Thanks in advance.

Thank you in advance,

AE