• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Missing credit card numbers..

andymin

I started noticing this happening on my server aswell. I added those changes to the httpd.conf files and to the virtual domain ssl files aswell.

I will keep you all posted if it makes a differance. I will think we should also work on something to let people on our OScommerce websites know of this M$ IE issue.

Thanks

Victor

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been having the same problem with the credit card numbers and difficulties logging in or creating new accounts. I asked my server administrator to implement the fix given by apha and it was immediately effective. Only time will tell for sure but it seems to have done the trick. Thanks apha and thanks to Marg for directing me to this discussion.

• 3 weeks later...

I made the httpd.conf change and thought all was fine a couple of weeks ago. Today I ran a test order through, and the credit card number wasn't captured- although from the customer side all looked fine. This is a cvs2.2 carts(Feb 2003), that was processing fine for a year. Any one have any other fixes- is this still an issue with anyone?? The cart is on an OpenBSD server with a shared SSL Cert.

Thanks for the help.

-Doug

• 1 month later...

Please don't let this thread die

This issue is not resolved and the edit to the apache file does not fix the problem (in all situations)

I am losing clients to other carts although since this thread seems to supply pretty good evidence that the issue ultimately lies with Bill and his gang of hacks.

Question

How many patches does it take to get to the center of a reliable operating system.

Answer

3 Then you introduce a new version.

Question

How do you build an empire on holes and patches?

Answer

Ask Bill

How do you know when you know what you want to do for the rest of your life?

• 11 months later...

Hi All - I'm glad i have found this as i've had this problem for a LONG time, i run a busy store and between 5 & 10% of the orders are comoing through without details which is clearly bad news!!

I'm going to try the httpd.config file mod today and see if that helps, does anyone have any updates on this??

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone figured this out yet? This is ridiculous, what good is it to get an order by cc and not have all the numbers! I know if I was placing an order and someone kept calling me to verify the credit card number, I would be pissed!

This seems soooo simple to fix!!! Hmmmmmm......

Thanks guys for your support, lets get this working properly!

Anyone get all the numbers?

No Boxes? No Problem!

We Sell Boxes and Moving Supplies for LESS!

Ken Combden

Boxes on the Move

(905)720-2005

I just figured something out. I'm not sure what I did. I get two email confirmations now, one has the first 4 and the last 4 and the other email has the middle numbers only. Awesome, I know how to put it together. Nice!

No Boxes? No Problem!

We Sell Boxes and Moving Supplies for LESS!

Ken Combden

Boxes on the Move

(905)720-2005

Archived