• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HTMLArea v3.0

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using the AABOX distribution of OSCommerce which came with MaxiDVD's WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7.

I'd like to use HTMLAREA 3.0 instead. Does anyone know how I would go about using HTMLAREA 3.0 instead of MaxiDVD's contribution?

Remember, I didn't install the MaxiDVD contrib. It came with AABOX's distribution. AABOX also uses BTS template system.

Thanks!

WishX

I'm using the AABOX distribution of OSCommerce which came with MaxiDVD's WYSIWYG HTMLArea 1.7.

I'd like to use HTMLAREA 3.0 instead. Does anyone know how I would go about using HTMLAREA 3.0 instead of MaxiDVD's contribution?

Remember, I didn't install the MaxiDVD contrib. It came with AABOX's distribution. AABOX also uses BTS template system.

Thanks!

WishX

No help here?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, problem here after installing a test run on /admin/categories.php. Keep in mind, I do have the header tags controller contribution installed.

My problem is that I don't see an html bar or anything near the products description text box that looks like I can input html. I'm not a programmer, but I can follow instructions, or at least i like to believe i can. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Here's my code:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">
   <!-- DWD Modify -> Add: HTMLArea v3.0 !-->
   <!-- Load HTMLArea Core Files. !-->
   <script type="text/javascript" src="/htmlarea/htmlarea.js"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="/htmlarea/dialog.js"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="/htmlarea/lang/en.js"></script>

<!-- Load HTMLArea Plugins. !-->
   <script type="text/javascript">
     HTMLArea.loadPlugin("TableOperations");
     HTMLArea.loadPlugin("SpellChecker");
   </script>

<!-- Load HTMLArea StyleSheet. !-->
   <style type="text/css">
     @import url(/htmlarea/htmlarea.css);
   </style>
   <!-- DWD Modify End. !-->
<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>
</head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

</script>

<style type="text/css">
   </style>
<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>
</head>
<!-- DWD Modify -> Replace: HTMLArea v3.0 !-->
<!--<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onload="SetFocus();">-->
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onload="SetFocus(); HTMLArea.replaceAll()">

and

<td class="main">
<!-- DWD Modify -> Replace: HTMLArea v3.0 !-->
<?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '100%', '20', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?>
   </td>

I see in internet explorer there is a script error that i clicked on. It reads: 'HTMLarea is undefined'.

Please let me know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks everyone!

George Burke

[email protected]

(732)794-6225

hobbyhen:

Sounds like it's not reading the htmlarea folder. Where is it located?

For example, I don't have it in the admin folder, I have it in the root directory, so instead of calling the files like src="/htmlarea/htmlarea.js">

I have src="../htmlarea/htmlarea.js">

OK, that explains it. I had to put it in the root directory and it's fine now.

BUT here's the new problem. Because I have the header tags controller installed, the 3 text boxes for <TITLE>, meta description, and meta keywords show the html area buttons.

How can I have those 3 text boxes revert back to normal text so the buttons aren't displayed?

-George

[email protected]

732-794-6225

hey guys.......

i'm having trouble with the installation of htmlarea......i followed the instructions in the readme file........i copied and pasted the codes in the categories.php page.........now when i access the page......I can see the toolbar which provides all the functionality of WYSWYG editor.......but I"m not able to type anything in the textarea.......if I click on any "bold, italic " button , i get this javascript error.....

'this._doc' is null or not an object

Any ideas about whats wrong.......I did'nt understand one thing in the readme file.....maybe that the problem........under caution STEP 3, it mentions that:

Bare in mind that the '...' is a placeholder for the actual textarea field name, which can be for instance 'message'.

Now this is what my tep_draw_textarea_field looks like......where do i specify the test area name.....and what name should i specify

echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '100%', '20', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id'])));

FEELING DUMB :(

To install this contrib, of course i met some difficulties, and solved by the following.. may be useful to newbies like me..

1. HTMLArea is undefined...first i check the path, but the path is ok, but still got this error. then i changed all the "/htmlarea/" into "htmlarea" then work fine..

2.icons didn't show up ,also i delete the "/" of the path"/htmlarea/***.js"

then works fine now..

Great contribution - works brilliantly except for one thing:

I'm assuming this is something to do with HTML area - is it isn't please excuse me!

When I add an image to a product (the default image that appears in the thumbnail etc), I click on the 'choose image' button and get the 'insert image - web page dialog' box that lets me upload images and select the one that I want to add to the product. All's fine, but it adds the full path to the image (eg: http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/images/image.gif).

OSC then adds the path again when it tries to display the image and tries to find:

http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/images/htt...mages/image.gif

Can I set this up to just use the image name and folder from the 'images' directory on the server (eg: image.gif or dvd/image.gif etc)??

Alternativly, can this be disabled to allow the old OSC image loader to be used (it is OK in the 'add categories' page as that uses the old OSC method)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I've made all changes following instructions in categories.php but nothing have changed! :(

My instalation is in loja/ and the htmlarea is in loja/htmlarea

And now what can I do more to make this working?

Just to make sure... it should appear the html area when adding a new product, right??

Thank you

So now here's my problem, which is very similar to most other people's. In "htmlarea/htmlarea.js", the line...

} else {
 this.editorURL = "/htmlarea/";
}

...needs to be defined as i have it in order for it to work... and it DOES work when i'm editing products at *www.clientdomainname.com*/catalog/admin/categories.php.

But the problem occurs when my clients are editing their products from a domain that has not yet gone live. For instance, they go to http://www.circularorb.com/~wagons/catalog/admin/ and the htmlarea doesn't show up for the products. They can't go to their own domain yet because we will not transfer the DNS for a little while until the store can be populated with products.

how do i overcome this?

thanks,

George

• 2 weeks later...

BIG BUG in this contribution!

Installed v3.0 and all works great, BUT...

When you insert an image, it works fine. It does appear in the text editing area just fine and you can make changes like centering and so on.

HERE IS THE BUG...

When you click on the PREVIEW button, it shows fine. But if you need to make any changes to the product and hit the BACK button, it comes back to the product editing page and in the text editing area the inserted image is no longer there. It only shows the blank image placecard with the anoying x in it instead of the image.

When you RIGHT-CLICK on the image and choose properties, the path for the image is changed to this:

http://www.popthetop.com/"http://www....n-sm.jpg/"

and it is supposed to be this:

http://www.popthetop.com/catalog/images/van-pan-sm.jpg

I also noted that when I made the 1st line in the description BOLD and color RED, when you hit the BACK button in PREVIEW, it comes back to the product editing page and the 1st line in the product description becomes GREEN.

Why is it changing the inserted path and the color of my font?

Edited by PopTheTop

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Is there any way to make the HTMLArea change the default <p> </p> into <BR><BR> when you hit enter for a new line (paragraph)?

The <p> </p> makes the space between paragraphs too big.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

alright, sorry to post this problem of mine again, but I haven't yet gotten an answer.

I have multiple user accounts on my domain that allow my clients to access their oscommerce sites and populate their products before their actual website goes live. A client would access his test site by going to http://www.circularorb.com/~username/.

This causes a conflict on admin/categories.php when trying to add new products using HTMLAREA 3.0 because the path in htmlarea/htmlarea.js is not defined correctly. Again, this only happens when the website is accessed through http://www.circularorb.com/~username/. The script error says 'HTMLArea is undefined'.

I've used the suggested change in htmlarea/htmlarea.js:

But this only works when the website is accessed through it's own domain root (www.username.com). What do I need to do to have the HTMLAREA work correctly in www.circularorb.com/~username/ ????

PLEASE HELP! This would be very beneficial to me! Thank you all.

-George

[email protected]

So now here's my problem, which is very similar to most other people's.  In "htmlarea/htmlarea.js", the line...

} else {
}

...needs to be defined as i have it in order for it to work... and it DOES work when i'm editing products at *www.clientdomainname.com*/catalog/admin/categories.php.

But the problem occurs when my clients are editing their products from a domain that has not yet gone live.  For instance, they go to http://www.circularorb.com/~wagons/catalog/admin/ and the htmlarea doesn't show up for the products.  They can't go to their own domain yet because we will not transfer the DNS for a little while until the store can be populated with products.

how do i overcome this?

thanks,

George

I'm having the same problem :(

Plus can't get the popup error message to go away even though path to this.URL is set (correctly as far as I can see).

Also test cgi? What should I do with it I get a 505 error - tried changing file permissions but doen't know what els to do.

Thanks

Caz

I'm trying to rebuild the review part of Oscommerce so you can also post and show HTML strings. For example we us e a lot of reviews not written by us and we would like to put a direct link to the website where you can find the original review, besides that we would like also to implement Images in the reviews.

Is there anybody who fixed, or made a workaround for this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

Now here's a problem separate from my other problem.

I noticed that the oscommerce installations i have right in the root directory (no catalog folder), this contribution gives me problems, although it seems like all the paths are absolute always referring to /htmlarea/ as being right off the root (like i've installed it).

Please let me know what i have to change to get this thing working in an installation that does not use the catalog folder.

I have:

</script>

<style type="text/css">
   </style>

and i've changed this.editorURL = ""; to this.editorURL = "/htmlarea/";

The htmlarea directory is also located in the root.

Anybody got it working with a site that does not use the catalog directory?

Hello,

I've installed this contribution, and it works good! extremely convenient. But there 2 problems I could not figuer out any solution.

1. Product description entered in laguage 1 inserted into database successfully. But description in language 2 does not get into database, not in preview as well. WHY?

2. full screen editor desplays only a windows divied into 2 frames, no icon is diplayed. WHY??

Please help~~~

Thank you

Hello. I'm desperate.

I can't have this working.

I just want to change categories.php but after I made ALL changes like instructions says, nothing changes. The page has nothing that allready had.

I'm doing this on a clean installation from Fantastico (automatic script) and it is 2.2MS2 version.

I have installed in teste/ folder. Do I need special changes? "catalog" folder is "teste" and I copy htmlarea folder inside teste.

Please help me out with this. I've tried more than 4 times and all failed. If possible, send me a file or tell me what I have to do. I'll post my code if needed.

Thank you.

Regards.

Do you have Page Cache turned on? If so, go in and reset them all. try that.

L8r,

PopTheTop

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand