• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

World Zones

hobbzilla

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Zilla,

I implemented the SQL, but it didn't populate my admin zone area...do I still have to manually put these in?

Confused,

Mr.Gadget

Can you verify that your orig. osc zones table was deleted and that you now have 2056 records.

I just tested this out and in my admin area under Location / Taxes => Zones, you should see quite a few pages of zones now.

NOTE: I am not talking about tax zones, you will have to reset those after updating your zones table.

Please verify.

• 2 weeks later...

Yo Zilla,

After further playing around with your mod, one crucial thing that needs to be done is to ensure that the "countries_id" in the country table relates to the country IDs that you've specified in your SQL. The zones will not automatically populate in admin unless this has been done. This issue would be a real concern for people who had countries and zones before this mod.

Besides this is, it works great! Great work on compiling all these countries together.

Best Regards,

Mr.Gadget

• 1 month later...

I don't understand what the Zones are all about, but perhaps the World Zones contribution is the solution to a problem I'm having... ?

I built an OSC site for a Korean company to sell their products in North America. They will primarily focus on customers in America, but want to support sales and shipping to Korea, Japan, and other International addresses.

When I had a meeting with them the other day, they attempted to create an account using their address in Seoul, Korea... and got errors due to the required Post Code and State/Province fields... which aren't used in Korean, and Japan as well (according to them). They told me that the address they used was correct, and works on a variety of other ecommerce sites... so it seems to be an osCommerce restriction.

I asked for some advice, and was told to reduce the minumum field length for those two addres fields to ZERO, which I did... but I still get the same errors.

Someone else recommended creating Korean Zones, but I don't understand the purpose of the zones and how they will make a difference.

If I install the World Zones, will that allow Korean addresses without Zip Codes and States?

Any advice on solving this problem?

- Harold

--

Harold Corbin

I don't understand what the Zones are all about, but perhaps the World Zones contribution is the solution to a problem I'm having... ?

Any advice on solving this problem?

Zones do little more than force the user to select from a list of zones that you have entered (for data accuracy, etc.)

What you are needing is to limit the required fields in the javascript as well as the php code. You might also be getting errors with invalid zipcodes, etc. with your shipping module and you will need to see how that shipping module wants the data in what form (ie. no spaces, etc.)

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I have downloaded this contrib and compare the code with the existing osC zone in the admin. I found out that the zone codes are different from the existing osC even they are the same zone. I would like to know which is correct and accurate.

Thanks. :ph34r:

Edited by akkinmore

• 1 month later...
Yo Zilla,

After further playing around with your mod, one crucial thing that needs to be done is to ensure that the "countries_id" in the country table relates to the country IDs that you've specified in your SQL. The zones will not automatically populate in admin unless this has been done. This issue would be a real concern for people who had countries and zones before this mod.

Besides this is, it works great! Great work on compiling all these countries together.

Best Regards,

Mr.Gadget

Yes this is very importent,

and more importent for now: the last version is also corrupt zip file: did you make it in linux?

About geo-zones. I have 4 zones here I can export this table in phpadmin and then after installing import it again. Will that preserve this data?

Keesjan

I actually did not compile or upload the last 3 updates to this contribution.

And yes as stated in the install:

================= IMPORTANT =====================

This contribution WILL MAKE ALL OF YOUR GEO_ZONES

invalid!! You will need to reset up your Tax Zones,

Etc. If you have a lot of tax zones already setup,

this might not be for you

=================================================

So, simply backing up your geo_zones won't do it.. the codes for the countries zones will have been modified.. you will either need to update via admin, or search the sql file and replace/update manually.

HTH

~zilla

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It's my expierence that the special characters do not work. They corrupt the mysql and the region's name with the special character is not an option. On the other hand, the actual character works just fine.

"If you decide to make changes to this file after finding errors or ommissions,

Please do the rest of us a favor and utilize HTMLS built in special character

codes. (i.e. ? , etc. etc. - one list can be found here:

http://webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey/refer...ial_characters/ ) Thanks!"

Anyone?