• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

a complete makeover

lee3001

a complete makeover. I had the idea of a ping pong style navigation between 2 iframes, and it came out quite functional I think, and you are able to browse categories while simultaneusly looking at specific products and articles.

it is located here:

http://hornet.unitedhosting.co.uk/~admin74...tta.jp/main.php

it is still under development, still need to modify about 10% of the code, but the main concept is working properly. before we go live, I would appreciate any critique and opinions of the design.

it sadly does n ot yet display very nicely in opera, but it works well in IE, netscape and mozilla (but looks best in IE).

I will gladly answer any questions you may have.

vgj

1-too mutch scrolling not mutch indication where & how ... (Some poeple are retarded)

2-flashing .gif takes the customer attention away of the products you wanna sale

3-the top menu... I personnally with put aborder of gray on top because there is one under the text... top border as large as bottom border

Definitively too much flashing in the images -- you lose the message because the eye can't figure out where to focus. (And, it's not clear that they're links.)

Sorry -- didn't stick around long to check out anything else...

Terry

Terry Kluytmans

Contribs Installed: Purchase Without Account (PWA); Big Images, Product Availability, Description in Product Listing, Graphical Infobox, Header Tags Controller, Login Box, Option Type Feature, plus many layout changes & other mods of my own, like:

Add order total to checkout_shipment

Add order total to checkout_payment

Add radio buttons at checkout_shipping (for backorder options, etc.)

Duplicate Table Rate Shipping Module

Better Product Review Flow

* If at first you don't succeed, find out if there's a prize for the loser. *

Hasimoto san, i cannot read what you wrote, your font has to at least 35-45% bigger.

Not everyone has yr young eyes and 20/20 vision.

Furthermore skip the framesetup for something appropriate it's definitively not good for yr search engine ranking, loading takes to much time and I get nervous from yr flashing images and you are wasting part of my screen woth a big white border all around, if my screen is smaller than 950px it get's a horrible horizontal scrollbar, and like anybody else I don't like hor. scrollbars

"If you're working on something new, then you are necessarily an amateur."

I like your basic idea, but as others have said you need to make the scrolling more obvious. Larger or variable font size would be good.

PLEASE stop the flashing!

Other than that it definately has potential.

thanks for your honest critique, guys!

NEXT STEP: I will most definately turn down the flashing, I dont know what I was thinking :rolleyes: !

and I'll make an alternative way to navigate through categories on the main page in addition to the drop downs.

I'll see what I can do with the scroll indicators and perhaps make the text a bit larger or darker.

I'll stick with the frames, I know they are a pain for search engines, I have set a javascript to load all frames in the frameset though so it should look ok, even if linked externally.

I'm just pretty tired with the standard osc shops you see everywhere, and I feel that our target audience would appreciate this sort of layout.

once again thanks for the honesty, it really helps! please keep it coming!

This one made me smile (FAQ)

We guarantee that all our items are originals, and if they arent we will clearly state so.

Very nice layout, agree on the flashy stuff / font sizes.

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Archived