• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Discounted Shipping rates?? FedEx/UPS

I am a small, small business looking for better rates or better discounts also. Currently ship 20-25 packages/ week (to US & Canada), residential ground, 1-15 lbs via Fedex.

I was going to join the Embroidery Trade Association, even went as far as getting the 'rate discount application' from Fedex. (you have to mail it in)

It is $195 to become a member.

I called Siriani & Associates (they manage the discount program for the Embroidery Trade Association, rates quoted:

International Ground / 10%

Home Delivery / 1-20 lbs 5%

Ground / 'it depends'

These discounts are not applied to surcharges, residential delivery charges, rr, etc..... just the base rate. Heavy discounts are for Express.

I also called Unishippers and gave them all my information to open an account to test shipping with them. They were going to have someone follow up but noone ever called or e-mailed me back. Either I don't ship enough packages out :blush: or they have communication difficulties.

Currently have qickbooks discount

FedEx Express Priority Overnight and Standard Overnight Envelope — 16% discount

FedEx Express Priority Overnight and Standard Overnight Package — 10% discount

FedEx Express Saver Envelope or Package — 10% discount

FedEx Express Freight 1,2,3 Day — 7% discount zones 2-4, 5% discount all other zones

FedEx Express International Priority and International Economy — 13% discount

FedEx Ground 1-15 lbs. — 4%, 16 - 30 lbs. — 8%, 31-150 lbs. 12% discount

FedEx Home Delivery is not included

Quickbooks doesn't cost anything if you already use the software.... there must be something better?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a small, small business looking for better rates or better discounts also. Currently ship 20-25 packages/ week (to US & Canada), residential ground, 1-15 lbs via Fedex.

I was going to join the Embroidery Trade Association, even went as far as getting the 'rate discount application' from Fedex. (you have to mail it in)

It is $195 to become a member.

I called Siriani & Associates (they manage the discount program for the Embroidery Trade Association, rates quoted:

International Ground / 10%

Home Delivery / 1-20 lbs 5%

Ground / 'it depends'

These discounts are not applied to surcharges, residential delivery charges, rr, etc..... just the base rate. Heavy discounts are for Express.

I also called Unishippers and gave them all my information to open an account to test shipping with them. They were going to have someone follow up but noone ever called or e-mailed me back. Either I don't ship enough packages out :blush: or they have communication difficulties.

Currently have qickbooks discount

FedEx Express Priority Overnight and Standard Overnight Envelope — 16% discount

FedEx Express Priority Overnight and Standard Overnight Package — 10% discount

FedEx Express Saver Envelope or Package — 10% discount

FedEx Express Freight 1,2,3 Day — 7% discount zones 2-4, 5% discount all other zones

FedEx Express International Priority and International Economy — 13% discount

FedEx Ground 1-15 lbs. — 4%, 16 - 30 lbs. — 8%, 31-150 lbs. 12% discount

FedEx Home Delivery is not included

Quickbooks doesn't cost anything if you already use the software.... there must be something better?

I have an idea about shipping

Ebay and Paypal have a deal if you sign up with them you can get 30% off your ground shipping through UPS.

Check out the link......If you clients can pay you through paypal there will be a link in your paypal account that will say ship item...with a few clicks

...press print and your done....

http://www.upsdelivers.com/ebay/

• 2 months later...

I have been using Unishippers for the past few months and here's my experience with them:

Business model: They operate as a franchise. So your experience will defer from store to store.

Customer Service: I have a very good rep. Very pleased with their service.

Rates : Unishippers DHL rates aren't as good as the one I get directly from my DHL rep.

Freight rates: They have a consolidation service where you see all different freight carriers and their rates. So you can always choose your preferred freight carrier. So far, their rates have beaten frtquote.com and all my direct freight accounts consistently.

They are definitely a plus for small shippers. *Two thumbs up* and thanks for the recommendation. :)

- The Jackal

• 2 years later...

With the intense competition between UPS and FedEx the way to get back revenue is by charging higher accessorials. USPS is definitely the best choice for low weight packages. Also consider your Cube and density. Is there a way to increase pacakge weight by offering better discounts for increased items? UPS and FedEx doesnt make money on 1-4 lb packages when discounted so the best bet is to get to at least 5 lbs with a cube of less than 1 and a higher density. Now that DHL is out of ground delivery USPS is probably the best bet for light weight low value packages.

Unishippers is o.k. for discounts if you cannot negotiate anything better from UPS. Association discounts are o.k. but like a previous post stated you have to pay an annual fee. Third party insurance is also great if value is over $100.

Archived