• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Manual Point-of-Sale Contribution

dimports

I get a lot of orders thru phone or in person. Most of the time the prices and shipping are all custom done on the spot. I think there should be a way to log into admin, then into 'point-of-sale' and fill out the customers order with custom shipping and price. This will create a product with the appropiate price and shipping in a hidden category and email the link the customer to pay thru the shopping cart.

I think the Step-by-Step Manual Order contribution would be a good start. This would also utilize Individual Shipping contribution for the custom shipping price. You would probably need a hidden category contribution too to hide all those manual orders from coming up in searches. An automatic task to delete all custom-made products in that hidden category every 10 days would be a nice little bonus.

If anybody knows how to do this, let me know and I'm sure we can gather enough donations for this even if it's just for me. Thx.

This is a good idea, but I've got a better one. Why not build a whole Point-of-Sale interface for osCommerce? That way you can run it in your store and run osCommerce on the web, and they both update the same database...has any one ever thought of doing this?

I may delve into this project myself, as I think it could be extremely popular.

EXCELLENT IDEA! No more Information Technology, new world is Internet Technology.

PM me if you're serious about starting this project. I outsource some help in programming to India for relatively low cost, and they know exactly what theyre doing and they do it QUICK. We can get together on this.

• 1 month later...
This is a good idea, but I've got a better one.  Why not build a whole Point-of-Sale interface for osCommerce?  That way you can run it in your store and run osCommerce on the web, and they both update the same database...has any one ever thought of doing this?

I may delve into this project myself, as I think it could be extremely popular.

we have just started looking for a POS solution but also include advanced stock control etc. What we would love in a app which could run on are clients systems on the shop front which is in a sense a POS interface for the OSC data bases. It would also be great to have access to advanced stock control, customer accounts, sales figures/projections a complete business solution relay in the end.

any thoughts

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
I think you can use the manual order entry...along with the restore order system...then you can use unsold_carts contrib to email them to pay for the order...it will be inside their cart.

Good mix of contributions for this!!

You would probably need a hidden category contribution too to hide all those manual orders from coming up in searches. An automatic task to delete all custom-made products in that hidden category every 10 days would be a nice little bonus.

Thats actually a step backwards. osCommerce used to allow hidden categories, but it had such a bad impact on the performance of the cart, that it was removed.

Not that you don't have a good idea, but I don't think using hidden categories is a good way to go.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone made any head-way regarding this contribution? I am interested in offering my services & two cents.

It would be sweet if the POS module allowed for barcode reading... better yet RFID tags!!!

-RC

Well,

Take oscommerce, add the multiple stores wth 1 admin and add the manual order the (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1911). If the online store is set to only use categories from a certain store then it will work.

Change the interfacte to make it simplier. Add in the RMA module with a few changes so that returns can be done in the store and voila.

You can also add an inventory module fairly easily using the stock count mechanish. Put in the name of the vendor when you input the item and create a vendor contact sheet. You can then do the stock reorder report by vendor.

I did something similar for a POS last year but don't have access to a copy now as everything was turned over to the client. They ended up with a POS that they tracked per store a well as online. All info in one db.

The customer number and order number was barcoded to the packing slip.

Edited by bluephoenix

I'm working on a Java front-end (that will run in full-screen mode) that will act as a PoS frontend. It will allow you to scan an item with a barcode scanner, select the quantity (and optionally adjust the price), then complete the transaction using any of OSC's payment methods.

I'm not sure how I'll license the program yet, but let me know if you're interested in contributing to this project financially. I hope to have it completed within the next week or two.

Edited by drewbradford

• 6 months later...
I'm working on a Java front-end (that will run in full-screen mode) that will act as a PoS frontend.  It will allow you to scan an item with a barcode scanner, select the quantity (and optionally adjust the price), then complete the transaction using any of OSC's payment methods.

I'm not sure how I'll license the program yet, but let me know if you're interested in contributing to this project financially.  I hope to have it completed within the next week or two.

Drew, you get anywhere on this, I am very interested...

Thanks

• 4 years later...

Currently there is a contribution for authorize.net that is a .php file. It is added to the admin section. This contribution was created for "Manual Orders"

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4139

Is there anyone who could tweak this for "Order Editor/Order Creator". I believe the only issue is the sequence of the sql file. This would allow the creation of new orders and charge the credit card at the same time. I'm just not knowlageable enough on php/sql to impliment. But it would allow web sites to take orders over the phone!

Thanks for any help.

Ki