Sign in to follow this  
Sagan

Easy Populate Creating Duplicate Categories

Whenever I upload an EP database file I get duplicate categories and subcategories if the the category name has a comma in it.

For example, when uploading a sample database on my test site: http://epg.physicsisbroken.com/catalog/ind...1376f96d9622bef

Any idea how to fix this?

Also the uploaded product URLs do not seem to be working.

Any insight on this would help. Thanks.

Jon,

I had the same problem, but I think it's not the commas to blame- it's the length of your category title. It's limited to 32 characters. Try shortening the category name and see if that helps. (Or you can extend the default character limit in EP- not sure which file offhand.)

Shari

i have the same problem.

but i have more. i used EZ fields to add field to the DB

------------------------------------------

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '

'100' 'NULL')' at line 23

INSERT INTO products ( products_retail_price, products_image, products_model, products_price, products_status, products_last_modified, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_tax_class_id, products_weight, products_quantity, manufacturers_id) VALUES ( '', '2', '20', '1', CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, "0000-00-00 00:00:00", "1/18/2004 22:27", '1', '12', '12',

'100' 'NULL')

-------------------------------------------

VJ Please help