• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Vendor Locator Displayed by Distance

hobbzilla

Okay, so I've upgraded an old v1 site to SEC. When I install the contrib evyrthing in the admin seems to be okay. On the Catalog side however, I submit a zip, and the return page shows the number of vendors :

Displaying 1 to 1 (of 1 vendors)

It's as if the vendor data is designed to reside between these two lines, is this correct? If so, why do the vendors not show up? Any ideas?

Much thanks in advance.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you verify that the vendor has valid data for them?

Okay, so I've upgraded an old v1 site to SEC.  When I install the contrib evyrthing in the admin seems to be okay. On the Catalog side however, I submit a zip, and the return page shows the number of vendors :

It's as if the vendor data is designed to reside between these two lines, is this correct? If so,  why do the vendors not show up? Any ideas?

Much thanks in advance.

• 5 months later...

I've got this up and running and it is exactly what I've been looking for. I have two simple requests (I hope they're simple)! Has anybody accomplished the following?

1 - Instead of listing as:

Company Name

Firstname Lastname

Address

City, State, Zip

Distance: xx.x miles

and then if there is a website url provided, having the entire block of the above information linked, simply providing an extra line in the display like so:

Company Name

Firstname Lastname

Address

City, State, Zip

http://www.websiteaddy.com/

Distance: xx.x miles

and 2 - Offering a link to "view all" of the listed dealers, irreguardless of the distance from the zip code?

Thanks for a wonderful contribution!!!

I have figured out #1 to my above post and thought I'd share for the rest of the community. (SIDE NOTE: I am SOO proud of myself for hacking this! Makes me feel like less of a php noob that I really am! hehe)

To achieve a display like in the above thread (with a seperate website URL listing linked instead of the entire listing), follow these steps:

#1 - Open catalog/vendor.php and look for the following:

if (strlen($vendor->vendors_url)>0) {

$string_vendor .= "<a href='" . $vendor->vendors_url . "' target='_blank'>" . $string_vendor . "</a>";

}

#2 - Highlight the entire section and move it up one "level" (for lack of better words). In other words, it now will reside above the DISPLAY_VENDOR_DISTANCE.

#2 - Change above line to the following:

if (strlen($vendor->vendors_url)>0) {

$string_vendor .= "<BR><a href='" . $vendor->vendors_url ."' target='_blank'>" . $vendor->vendors_url . "</a>";

}

#3 - Save and upload. This should successfully display as a seperate link in the listing.

(Hope I did that right!! Still trying to figure out #2 of my original post).

Thanks!

Ramsey

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks David,

Did that take much work to port over to UK settings?

To be honest I'd be needing to integrate this with a shipping option as well - basically to give the customer the option of having the product posted to them, or to collect it from a nearby retailer - hence the requirement to have a searchable vendor list.

I'll have a play with it in the meantime, but any experiences you could share would be invaluable.

Best,

Dan :)

Most of the time was spend tracking down sources for the data. The actual programming didn't take very long. I don't think I actually downloaded this contribution so not sure how well it integrates with the UK data.

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone has a solution for this mod that will put the address of the vendor chosen into the ship-to of the order, or has any other way of setting up so that I, as distributor, know then someone orders something to get picked up at a local vendor, this is the solution I need to find.

please e-mail me though my site: www.dimestoreproductions.com/catalog

• 2 weeks later...

Radars

I have looked at your website, which is really good by the way, and I am wandering how you acheived the UK Town and Postcode finder search. You mentioned that you did not use the contribution discussed here and I am wandering what you used instead.

What you have done is exactly what I am after for my site and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

kirkside

• 1 month later...
Okay, so I've upgraded an old v1 site to SEC. When I install the contrib evyrthing in the admin seems to be okay. On the Catalog side however, I submit a zip, and the return page shows the number of vendors :

It's as if the vendor data is designed to reside between these two lines, is this correct? If so, why do the vendors not show up? Any ideas?

Much thanks in advance.

I'm running into the same problem (however I did not upgrade any site- working on MS2 with modifications) - the data is posting in the database - just not displaying on the vendor.php page... any updates or recommendations to fix this?

Edited by rubygirl

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

I've checked and rechecked and I keep gettin this error..........driving me nuts.......what is wrong??

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: splitvendorpageresults

in /homepages/2/XXXXXXXXXXXXx/htdocs/GForce/shopping/vendor.php on line 157

I looked at the split_file.php and the vendor.php and nothing fits or can be seen what is wrong..........HELP!!

Chris

UPDATE: Found if i comment that line out it seems to work, but I'm sure not as designed............I'm leaving it for now but I'd like official comment about what I just did and what the real fix is to make this contrib 100%.........thanks

Edited by kittmaster

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I installed this contribution and I love it.

But instead of the USA zipcodes, I need to work with Dutch zipcodes.

So I copied the USA-table and put in Dutch zipcodes.

But it is not working. Dutch zipcodes have 4 numbers, and USA zipcodes have 5 numbers. Now I type in the 4 numbers of the Dutch zipcode, and it finds nothing !!

How and where can I change the 5-numbers-thing in a 4-number-thing hahahaha.

I'm a dutch girl, so please be gentle about my writing hahaha.

Greetzzzzz ...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think this mod will do what I need but I cannot figure out how to fix this issue.

Vendors Search:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-6, 6' at line 1

select vendors_id, vendors_lastname, vendors_firstname, vendors_url, vendors_affiliate_id, vendors_status from vendors order by vendors_lastname, vendors_firstname limit -6, 6

After 6 hours I am going insane any suggestions? I know is something really stupid on my part.

Jeff

Contributions I use: DynaMenus - Light Box - Best Sellers Content Box - Related Products 3.2 - UPS XML - Secure Admin Login - Vendor Locator - Graphical Borders.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i cant get it to work i get this error

1146 - Table 'divas4ev_cart.zipData' doesn't exist

select * from zipData where zipcode='85308'

random zip but doesnt work. and i have no table in my database called zipdata?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Do "status" changes work?

I've been using this contribution for a while, and just noticed that if a vendor with a 'disabled' status is within the search area that NO results show for the search.

I don't have the time to look at the code to figure out what's going on, so I guess I'll just DELETE vendors instead of disabling them.