The e-commerce.

Vendor Locator Displayed by Distance

hobbzilla

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'd still like to see this working somewhere before I dig in... I just need to display vendors through a "find a store near you" type of search. I don't want the shop customer to have to select a vendor or affiliate, will this contribution allow this?

Thnx

• 1 month later...

i would like to list all vendors in a table possible with the vendors company name in the header if the customer goes on to vendors.php with out forceing them to enter a zip any body got something simular knocked up?

regards john

i would like to list all vendors in a table possible with the vendors company name in the header if the customer goes on to vendors.php with out forceing them to enter a zip any body got something simular knocked up?

regards john

i would like it as an all products or manufacture - page!

go to it and list all the vendors, i just cant get it to work :(

Regards john

• 2 months later...

Hi Hobbzilla,

This is a great contribution :) I was wondering if there were any other fixes that were made after February 24th, 2004. Thanks a lot, I'm really looking forward to installing this contribution.

Tim

John D. >> I was the main developer of the Theraderm site, however upon it's latest face-lift we used a design company for alot of new images. I just don't have the time any more! Check out SoftandSmooth.com & Reversion.com & Extremeskin.com (all other product lines and... LIVE SHOPS).

importhookup >> none on my end.

RobinsonDixon >> this would not be hard at all. You could certainly continue to learn PHP & practice and learn. Simply look at the way allprods.php works (it's a contribution) and change the table to vendors instead of all the products pages. Unfortunately income is a motivating factor in all my programming work. Currently my full time job takes up my days ... and my days off.. are highly valued! :)

John D. >> I was the main developer of the Theraderm site, however upon it's latest face-lift we used a design company for alot of new images. I just don't have the time any more! Check out SoftandSmooth.com & Reversion.com & Extremeskin.com (all other product lines and... LIVE SHOPS).

importhookup >> none on my end.

RobinsonDixon >> this would not be hard at all. You could certainly continue to learn PHP & practice and learn. Simply look at the way allprods.php works (it's a contribution) and change the table to vendors instead of all the products pages. Unfortunately income is a motivating factor in all my programming work. Currently my full time job takes up my days ... and my days off.. are highly valued! :)

thanx for your reply.

i just tought there was an solution like delete part of the codes, but i will take a look and post the solution for the rest of the community ;-)

greets john

• 1 month later...

hey hobbzilla...

when i have 'Allow Customer to Checkout without a vendor' and 'Prompt Customer to Select vendor' set to true, when the customer is in their account and clicks 'Change my favorite vendor.' and select their vender. Once they hit 'Continue' it just loops.

then...

then when i have 'Allow Customer to Checkout without a vendor' set to false, the customer cant get past the select a vendor screen when they go to checkout. When they click continue it loops there as well.

I notice the continue button is below the 'Perform a New Search' and not under where they select a vendor.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you want to see this contribution on working for the US area here it is.  It was a little hard searching for the data and installing it, but i got it working.

Search Vendors

Have a good one,

Dark

yeah i got it working as far as searching, but as far as checking out and creating account.. when i have it set to select a vendor on checkout and register it just loops.

hmmm.. after registering on your site.. i notice.. you have the continue button below where the vendors display and customer selects vendor.. for some odd reason mine doesnt!

Quick!,

What is your website address? I know about the looping, I think you have to change some preferences on the administration site. I have set it so that the costumer checks out without a vendor, and checked out the prompt to select vendor (not use) Because it for sure will loop you. I got that part working like that... I was having the same problem as you did.

Dark

Hi Hobzilla,

This is just what i am looking for BUT as a resident of ol blighty (united Kingdom) can it be made to work on uk post codes? or is anyone working on tis at the mo. the virgin cosmetics company has a system that seems to work very well.

www.virgin.com/cosmetics

then navigate to find a consultant

Graham

• 2 weeks later...